Rear Under-seat Storage Box

You Likey?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How did this get from under-seat storage to backpacking?

Anyway, when I saw a vid of the OEM thing I thought it was cool. Now that I've gotten mine I'm less enthused. If I normally rolled with the seats down it would be cool but since I don't it's meh or worse. In the
5 years I had my '16 crew cab I used the back seats maybe 5 times. With the seats up it isn't very useful and, yes, it messes up the otherwise nice flat floor.

I must be the only OCD guy lol! Thanks for the input and otherwise, this has been my favorite Ford out of the 5 that I've owned. I'll reiterate that when the box is folded down it isn't flat or flush with the floor, it creates a slick 1.5" plastic hump that is just enough to send Pelican cases sliding from side to side in route. This slightly uneven surface tilts cooler, cases and other high value equipment into the back of your leather seats. This considering my Crew Cab is very spacious. Needless to say, I went back to a topper option and bed rug since I obviously have too much gear... if there is such a thing. Roll Tide!

You are not the only one lol. I actually searched to see if anyone else had the same opinion as me awhile ago and couldnt find anything on this subject. I could not agree more with all of your points. This stupid organizer doesnt fold flush with the rest of the floor. When puting multiple storage boxes on top of eachother they want to slide towards the front of the vehicle because they are partially on this stupid organizer thing and partially on the flat floor. Can you post pics of what it looks like after you removed this organizer thing? I would like to do that.

You are not the only one lol. I actually searched to see if anyone else had the same opinion as me awhile ago and couldnt find anything on this subject. I could not agree more with all of your points. This stupid organizer doesnt fold flush with the rest of the floor. When puting multiple storage boxes on top of eachother they want to slide towards the front of the vehicle because they are partially on this stupid organizer thing and partially on the flat floor. Can you post pics of what it looks like after you removed this organizer thing? I would like to do that.

Attachments

• 96F50F54-7E9A-486E-B744-C456884DC1B2.jpeg
    96F50F54-7E9A-486E-B744-C456884DC1B2.jpeg
    316.5 KB · Views: 204
  • B5093F33-A057-4746-AB98-127C4FAC88CD.jpeg
    B5093F33-A057-4746-AB98-127C4FAC88CD.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 202
Looks good, glad to see its carpeted underneath. Assuming just a few holes in the carpet for the screw holes?
Yes but hardly noticeable. I keep a Pelican Cargo BX80 in the bed to store my recovery equipment and other gear. I'm of the mindset of simplicity. Now a vacuum job is gravy and you can put anything back there from a Dometic fridge to a sleeping mat for the kid without issue.

I have one which is why I will probably remove the fold-up storage box. I have the second most ginormous Dometic, with separate freezer and reefer compartment, so it takes up a lot of real estate and I don't want it to slide forward on the folded plastic.

BTW, if you get one also get the Dometic PBR or PRB lithium battery to save the truck batteries. It will run any of their units for at least 24 hours supposedly.

I have one which is why I will probably remove the fold-up storage box. I have the second most ginormous Dometic, with separate freezer and reefer compartment, so it takes up a lot of real estate and I don't want it to slide forward on the folded plastic.

BTW, if you get one also get the Dometic PBR or PRB lithium battery to save the truck batteries. It will run any of their units for at least 24 hours supposedly.
I don't own one personally but would consider it for extended backcountry trips. A friend of mine ran his 4 days with a Jackery. Guy drives a Dodge but he feeds the crowd like a Boss.

Yes but hardly noticeable. I keep a Pelican Cargo BX80 in the bed to store my recovery equipment and other gear. I'm of the mindset of simplicity. Now a vacuum job is gravy and you can put anything back there from a Dometic fridge to a sleeping mat for the kid without issue.
Exactly what I was thinking re: the Dometic fridge on the floor of the second row (i.e. back seat). I'm thinking about the Decked drawer system in the bed as a possible sleeping platform, so the cooler or 'future fridge' would be in the cab.

Damn fine looking truck, by the way. I know this is off-topic, but are those the stock tires?

Are you referring to the product by Builtright Industries? I've seen it but the room behind the seat is so small I wouldn't bother. Looks super easy though.. Might could stick a spare air filter back there or something.
I’m not sure the product. Plenty of room just needs to be thin. Files, folders and or Weapons could fit.

Exactly what I was thinking re: the Dometic fridge on the floor of the second row (i.e. back seat). I'm thinking about the Decked drawer system in the bed as a possible sleeping platform, so the cooler or 'future fridge' would be in the cab.

Damn fine looking truck, by the way. I know this is off-topic, but are those the stock tires?
Good idea man. I appreciate it. We don’t work hard for nothing do we.. No they are not stock. I’m running Trail Grapplers 37x12.50R20 on Anthem Intimidator +18 offset. Moving to a +12 soon. Will be a perfect offset for the Superduty. 5.5 Carli Pin Top should be by the end of November to accommodate 38x13.50s.

Good to hear! Ithink im sold on removing it and getting this bag for 90% of the time and i can easily remove the bag when i need all of the space in the backseat.

Back