jrdn003

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 f250 lariat tremor
Hi guys,
i have been reading alot as i am getting my tremor next week,
i have a small fifth wheel and from what ive read,
the tremor back shocks seem to sit quite higher.
i am afraid it will be to high.

ive seen a few videos of guys changing the rear end blocks for the duely ones.

what do you guys recommend?

Hi guys,
i have been reading alot as i am getting my tremor next week,
i have a small fifth wheel and from what ive read,
the tremor back shocks seem to sit quite higher.
i am afraid it will be to high.

ive seen a few videos of guys changing the rear end blocks for the duely ones.

what do you guys recommend?
Welcome!
Do you know your trailer height? I can measure my F250.

It will be fine. My Tremor is couple inches higher than my old Chevy 3500 HD 4x4. I had to air out the rear tires just to drive under the 5 th wheel the first time. I got under it then aired them up. I was able to drop the front legs down now I can bump and run in a few minutes.

You may need to adjust the height of the hitch or the pin but its easy.
I have the factory 5 th wheel set up and bought a hitch from Curt. Its set in the middle of the 3 settings and is a perfect height.
IMG_5036.jpeg
IMG_4816.jpeg

It will be fine. My Tremor is couple inches higher than my old Chevy 3500 HD 4x4. I had to air out the rear tires just to drive under the 5 th wheel the first time. I got under it then aired them up. I was able to drop the front legs down now I can bump and run in a few minutes.

You may need to adjust the height of the hitch or the pin but its easy.
I have the factory 5 th wheel set up and bought a hitch from Curt. Its set in the middle of the 3 settings and is a perfect height. View attachment 2303View attachment 2304

thansk for your message.
i have an older fifth wheel and dosent sit that high. i am currently pulling it with my f150 with bags on it.
but seem like the tremor is quite heigh and i won be able to achieve the 5'' requiered between the bed top ans having the fifth wheel level.

thansk for your message.
i have an older fifth wheel and dosent sit that high. i am currently pulling it with my f150 with bags on it.
but seem like the tremor is quite heigh and i won be able to achieve the 5'' requiered between the bed top ans having the fifth wheel level.
The hitch has adjustments and many of the 5 th wheels are also adjustable, worst case you need to change the pin on the 5 th wheel.
I bet you will be fine. I was worried about it, but once I set mine up, I was 100% happy with the new set up in fact I did a better job setting up my new Tremor than the dumbs*ts at the RV center that installed my hitch and set up on my old Chevy. They did not have 5" of clearance and in the woods on a grade it trashed my bed rails on my 2015 D max.

leveled out i have about 60''

Attachments

• terry1.png
    terry1.png
    893.4 KB · Views: 29
leveled out i have about 60''

my tailgate on the f350 is at 60 in......you might need to have the trailer axles flipped as that is an older 5th wheel....most truck repair places can do it for under $700.

my tailgate on the f350 is at 60 in......you might need to have the trailer axles flipped as that is an older 5th wheel....most truck repair places can do it for under $700.
Fuzzy,

Forgive my slowness, the 60" is with the tailgate shut? Is your F350 the Factory height?

IMG_5036.jpeg

14,300lbs. you can see it squats a bit but no issues,
I had to do some jacking and air the tires down the first time I hooked it up. My other truck was a 3500 4x4 but was much lower.
I also had to adjust my hitch and readjust it.
Now its all set I can hook up or "bump in run" matter of minutes.

Love the 1050 torque.

Back