Rear Seat Removal/Front Air Bag Light

Brad

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Tremor F350 7.3
First Responder
Aerial Firefighter/Helicopters
I removed my rear seats. We use a slide in camper and need extra storage space. 99.999% of the time its just buy Wife and I + 2 dogs, so don't use the rear seats In my rigs I build in a deck with storage underneath, dogs on top, slide in gear from each side. Removing the rear seats gives quite a bit more interior space when combined with the deck I build.

Anyway, so I now have the front air bag light. I've heard elsewhere that this happens when unplugging the rear seats electrical plug.

Has anyone else done this? If so, have you found a way to make the light go out and even if you ignore it, does it affect the air bags?

I figured I'd try and jump those plugs in the back to see if I can extinguish the light. But don't wanna mess up anything,

Wonder if there is a Forscan code change???????
I hate to mess with it cause its the airbags we are talking about and I just don't know much about them.

Watching.
I take the seats out of the Jeep when camping. The extra foot or so space is worth it. In a pinch, a 3rd passenger could sit up front with the bench and a 4th in the back camper for a short ride.
I've never had a fault light with mine, but that's scary to think about because you can't really test the airbags to make sure they would still deploy.

Well there's this:

UPDATE: I called these guys, we chatted on the phone, looks like I'll be all set with this product

I also emailed these folks, but no reply yet:

This might be an option, will update when I hear back

Last edited:
Any update? Did the airbag light clear? Which product did you go with?

Would you mind sharing more details on the deck you built?

I found this kit and it looks awesome, too bad it's for RAM and not Ford:

I'd like to do something similar. Like you, it's just me, my girl, and two dogs. Don't need/want the rear seat and would love the extra room.

It's been 7 months so either he didn't survive
or it was something we said?

I would take mine out if I could find a place to store them.

Back