Rear of Bench Seat

BigBill

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
The bench seat option although useful for capacity and foot well space up front does have limited usefulness and functionality for the back passengers. It comes simply with the less than convenient flop open to the floor two drink holder that is too low and a single cigarette lighter 12v power source. Those hoping for audio input port, USB ports, controllable heater flow directioning etc. are out of luck.

20200107_164833.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting that pic! That's a bummer that you lose all of those console features, but I'm sure it will be handy to have that middle seat available.

Dang! I didn't even consider that when I decided to go with the console. Now I'm REALLY happy I didn't get the extra seat. Plus, anyone riding there is always in my space anyway, blocking the right side mirror, making it hard to work the steering, bumping my knee, drinking my drink, its always somethin'....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I almost got a console seat in my XLT because we occasionally have 6 people in the truck but after I got in a truck with the full center console and saw all the front storage and rear seat functionality (AC/DC/USB power ports and air vents) it was a must have. Kind of an expensive option at $1k but with the XLT premium pkg its only $300.

It should be noted that getting a bench seat also means you can't get power folding steps or heated rear seats, as the wiring harness runs through the console.

I'd kinda like to upgrade to a front console as the front seat for me is useless and most likely will be for the remainder of the time I own the truck.

With the bench in the front you do get a nice large pistol sized locking compartment under the middle seat. I don't see why they couldn't have run better controls to the rear though. However anything going on in the backseat comfort wise doesn't effect me!

Here's a quick shot of the back of the RAM's front folding middle seat. Such a better design. Come on Ford!

View attachment 3545

Yes but rams is at the bottom near the floor and if you have gear back there it makes the heaters and other items worthless, and my Power Wagon always had gear in it on the floor and kids or adults in the seats and all their gear on the floor in the middle. I like how fords are up higher so the heat and everything else is above the gear.

This was the only down side when comparing with a Ram. With four kids and a wife the bench up front is a must. Plus my wife and I will never sit in the back so it’s not my problem. Kids will have to deal with it.

Back