TOTM Winner
Meetup Organizer 🚧
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Iconic Silver F-350 6.7 Tremor Lariat
Current Ride #2
Some BMWs, Some Subarus, Ducati 899 & Ducati 748 Mono
It has begun. The rear bumper is showing some surface rust where the plastic rubs on the steel. I’m annoyed by it, and could fix it. I am considering an aftermarket bumper painted the same iconic silver color of the truck. I can only imagine the front (as chips find it) will begin doing the same. Trouble is I love the OEM look of both.

New England salted roads do not help.

Anyway, rear replacement may be the first step. Speaking of steps - maybe I can do some incorporated side steps. No matter what, it will be panted. Even if I use a rocker panel chip guard under the paint.

Anyone already do this?

Last edited:
I've seen a couple of pre 23 Supers with the new 23+ Superduty corner step bumpers. The couple I've seen looked really good. Might be something to check out.

I don't have my truck yet, but I ordered a Trailready for the rear.
Not too bad. I will need to check OEM bumper and see if it comes up higher to hide all the stamp welds...this one may be lower on the top. I like the beastly looks.

I've seen a couple of pre 23 Supers with the new 23+ Superduty corner step bumpers. The couple I've seen looked really good. Might be something to check out.
That does not look too bad, but I worry about the same issue. The sides do not quite match the body lines either, but I do like the idea and initial through about doing this when I saw the 23 come out.

Not too bad. I will need to check OEM bumper and see if it comes up higher to hide all the stamp welds...this one may be lower on the top. I like the beastly looks.
I haven't seen one in person, so it is a gamble. Worst case I can modify it as needed to fit better.

I don’t know man, given your propensity towards OEM look, I’d totally go with a 23’ bumper. Otherwise, gotta go aftermarket and then match the front up with the same aftermarket also! Haha! That’s a can of worms!!

I don’t know man, given your propensity towards OEM look, I’d totally go with a 23’ bumper. Otherwise, gotta go aftermarket and then match the front up with the same aftermarket also! Haha! That’s a can of worms!!
I also think the mismatched body lines would be less noticeable on a painted bumper like Iconic Silver. The chrome bumper vs. painted body tends to accentuate it, imo...

I also think the mismatched body lines would be less noticeable on a painted bumper like Iconic Silver. The chrome bumper vs. painted body tends to accentuate it, imo...
Totally agree

CJC rear bumper will be the most oem looking other than the rear S2 Pro light cutouts. You can have it powdercoated or painted in your Iconic Silver.

CJC rear bumper will be the most oem looking other than the rear S2 Pro light cutouts. You can have it powdercoated or painted in your Iconic Silver.
I don’t disagree, but man, CJC missed the chance to add the side step on the bumper. That’s a very practical add and shouldn’t have been missed

I don’t disagree, but man, CJC missed the chance to add the side step on the bumper. That’s a very practical add and shouldn’t have been missed
I like it without the step cutouts. The AMP step looks nicer and is more ergonomic. Just wish there was a passenger side one.

Given the chances of getting a powder coating shop can match the OEM paint I'd give that a try first. My Method wheels done in Kingsport Gray to get to OEM Carbonized Gray are pretty close overall. Even better with a top clear coat to help with the brake dust. 4 wheels $550...bet you can get those bumper ends done at that or much cheaper. Prismatic Powder will send you chips to help pick your color, if not the shop you select can have the samples already.

How's this for OEM aesthetics?

IMG_9859-1.JPEG

IMG_1968.JPG

IMG_9552.JPG

IMG_7756.JPG

Chasis Unlimited.

It has begun. The rear bumper is showing some surface rust where the plastic rubs on the steel. I’m annoyed by it, and could fix it. I am considering an aftermarket bumper painted the same iconic silver color of the truck. I can only imagine the front (as chips find it) will begin doing the same. Trouble is I love the OEM look of both.

New England salted roads do not help.

Anyway, rear replacement may be the first step. Speaking of steps - maybe I can do some incorporated side steps. No matter what, it will be panted. Even if I use a rocker panel chip guard under the paint.

Anyone already do this?
I have the same color and pretty much wrapped mine with PPF. In 20 month no stone chips in the front or back. And I deal with Michigan Salt. Also spray all my metal frame and parts that are not Aluminum so everything underneath still looks brand new.

Pics? Will PPF help with this?
When I get home tonight I will send a couple pic's. And yes I am very happy with the results of it. Now if a big stone hits it than it will leave a mark and I have one of those on my hood. Will show you that also. But not having one rust mark on the front bumper from a stone chip makes me very happy with the investment. Here is the best pic I have right now from this weekend cleaning. Will get a close up tonight for you.

Attachments

• Truck 1.jpg
    Truck 1.jpg
    475.2 KB · Views: 21
  • truck 2.jpg
    truck 2.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 21
Pics? Will PPF help with this?
Sorry a day late, another storm went through. But here you go. I have the whole front end PPF including the grill and headlights, hood and finders. So 18 months into it really no marks. The only on is on the hood and if you zoom in you can see a chip but its under the PPF. Like I said very happy with my decision.

Latest Discussions

Back