Rear axle bolts for sway bar.

I installed mine today. The instructions SUCK. I have mechanical abilities(not professional) so I knew what went where, but the instructions could be more clear and the photos are not helpful

I ended up attaching the end links to the INSIDE of the sway bar. Some pics show the links on the outside, but if i did that, the links don’t hang plumb.
also, some photos show the male (threaded end) on the bottom on the link and others show it up top.
oh well. I guess it doesn’t really matter

I installed mine today. The instructions SUCK. I have mechanical abilities(not professional) so I knew what went where, but the instructions could be more clear and the photos are not helpful

I ended up attaching the end links to the INSIDE of the sway bar. Some pics show the links on the outside, but if i did that, the links don’t hang plumb.
also, some photos show the male (threaded end) on the bottom on the link and others show it up top.
Did you look on Hellwig’s website? I have this sitting in my garage ready to install this weekend. Install instructions seem pretty clear. It tells you exactly how to install, in what orientation, with what hardware and to what torque.
Hellwig 7320

Last edited:

I’m right there with you, I was using the paper instructions that came with the kit and it was hard to tell how they placed things based on the photos they included. Someone else said they had instructions for it online and the pictures they posted looked better. I put my links on the outside of the sway bar, but you’re right about them not being plumb like that. Overall it works and nothing has shifted around on me so I think it’s doing its job.

I did have a chance to tow my 40ft 5er though and it made a huge difference over stock. Didn’t get pushed around nearly as much and it felt much more stable around turns and uneven roads. Despite the instructions, I’m still really happy with how it worked out.

I’m right there with you, I was using the paper instructions that came with the kit and it was hard to tell how they placed things based on the photos they included. Someone else said they had instructions for it online and the pictures they posted looked better. I put my links on the outside of the sway bar, but you’re right about them not being plumb like that. Overall it works and nothing has shifted around on me so I think it’s doing its job.

I did have a chance to tow my 40ft 5er though and it made a huge difference over stock. Didn’t get pushed around nearly as much and it felt much more stable around turns and uneven roads. Despite the instructions, I’m still really happy with how it worked out.
I also noticed the Inside diameter of the lock washers are nearly the same and the outside diameter of the nut that they should go against. I had to put the flat washers against the nut because the lock washer was going to push around the nut. I’ll be going to the hardware store tomorrow

I installed mine this past weekend. The trick I found with the driver side end-link install was to pre-mount the end-link to the bracket. There just wasn't enough space to tighten things up with the bracket already mounted on the frame (per the instructions).

I installed mine this past weekend. The trick I found with the driver side end-link install was to pre-mount the end-link to the bracket. There just wasn't enough space to tighten things up with the bracket already mounted on the frame (per the instructions).
Agreed. The fed the bolt through and got the nut started then mounted the bracket back onto the frame.

I think, I could be wrong though....that the instructions and photos are generic

I even called and spoke to a person who said “let me take a look at those instructions” then after 5 minutes of silence she came on and said I’ll transfer you to one of the tecs, but they are on lunch so leave a message.
Well.......no call back

Hmm, I thought the right one for the Tremor was 7845 (since 2" lift), which I have on order... I hope it will fit fine

Hmm, I thought the right one for the Tremor was 7845 (since 2" lift), which I have on order... I hope it will fit fine
The tremor rear is the same height as the 2019 rear was before Ford lowered them for 2020. So it’s not really lifted. It’s just the same as they were

Noob guy question..

If also using a WD hitch like a ProRide, any negative effects to also having the Hellwig? I assume they complement each other?

Noob guy question..

If also using a WD hitch like a ProRide, any negative effects to also having the Hellwig? I assume they complement each other?

no, they will compliment each other. Most trucks have an anti-sway bar. The only reason the Tremor doesn’t is to have better off-road articulation.

no, they will compliment each other. Most trucks have an anti-sway bar. The only reason the Tremor doesn’t is to have better off-road articulation.
Actually in the last few years a rear sway bar seems to be rare on trucks. Probably some accountant decided to save a few bucks... but you only get a rear sway bar on a superduty SRW if you have the camper package. I don't know much about the other brands but from fb groups it seems to be the same.

Noob guy question..

I use a WDH and will be installing the 7320 Hellwig. They should compliment each other.

I got my 7320 kit and was doing some pre-assembly. The instructions indicate two different sizes of hourglass bushings and corresponding bolts but mine seem like all the bushings are the same and the bolts are the same size although two are longer than the other two (which makes sense since the sway bar end is much thicker than the frame bracket end).

Anyone else notice the same thing.? I sure didn't notice a difference in the bushings and don't want to separate the gooey mess just to check.

edit: I think I can answer my own question... the paper copy of the instructions that came in the kit is different than the instructions from the website. The paper kit has all the bushings being the same size.

Last edited:
Back