Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Military
US Navy
Current Ride
17 F250. Waiting on 21 F350 Tremor
Current Ride #2
08 Corvette
So who has installed the ready lift and actually tows heavy weight? 5th wheel/ gooseneck

Do you ride nose high? Does it affect the driving? Anything I need to know?

Brad

So who has installed the ready lift and actually tows heavy weight? 5th wheel/ gooseneck

Brad
I put a 2.5" ready leveling kit on my 2016 F350 6.7. I towed a 9-15,000lb (depending on what i loaded) trailer on almost a daily basis. There was definitely noticable nose high squat and I hated it. I didn't notice any handling issues though. I wanted to put airbags on it but never got around to it. I just traded it in for a 2021 F350 tremor. Not sure I will level this one. If I do, I will definitely install airbags.

I put a 2.5" ready leveling kit on my 2016 F350 6.7. I towed a 9-15,000lb (depending on what i loaded) trailer on almost a daily basis. There was definitely noticable nose high squat and I hated it. I didn't notice any handling issues though. I wanted to put airbags on it but never got around to it. I just traded it in for a 2021 F350 tremor. Not sure I will level this one. If I do, I will definitely install airbags.
This is great honest feedback ??????. My rig levels out nicely when towing our travel trailer.

Brad
I purchased some products from them for a different truck and found the products to be not very well made. The hardware if included was hardware store grade. Hope that helps.

Personally I will not mess around with a cheap lift kit. If I do I will get top of the line with quality American Made heavy duty parts and hardware. Parts that also are not just made better but have finishes that hold up and specific high quality machining and hardware,, not some cheap cast low grade metal.

I like the idea of air bags on the Tremor

I have readlift 2.5" system but I don't really tow, when I have it makes no difference.

2020 F-250 Tremor 6.7L with 5th wheel prep and HD tow package.

ReadyLift 2.5 Level with trackbar bracket
Black Rhino Arsenal's 18x9.5 -18
37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

2021 Arctic Wolf 298LB
Hitch Weight: 1620 lb
UVW: 9048 lb
GVWR: 11820 lb
Exterior Length: 34' 0"

Hooked it up for the first time with the level and 37's to tow the trailer in for warranty work. I was expecting the rear to squat a lot more than it did. With the hitch weight of 1620 lbs plus the weight of the B&W companion slider and any gear I have stored in the front compartments, it was not bad at all.

I am looking into summo springs or airbags but it actually towed great. I will eventually flip my axles on the trailer but in the meantime, it's definitely towable.

IMG_0973 2.JPG

2020 F-250 Tremor 6.7L with 5th wheel prep and HD tow package.

ReadyLift 2.5 Level with trackbar bracket
Black Rhino Arsenal's 18x9.5 -18
37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

2021 Arctic Wolf 298LB
Hitch Weight: 1620 lb
UVW: 9048 lb
GVWR: 11820 lb
Exterior Length: 34' 0"

Hooked it up for the first time with the level and 37's to tow the trailer in for warranty work. I was expecting the rear to squat a lot more than it did. With the hitch weight of 1620 lbs plus the weight of the B&W companion slider and any gear I have stored in the front compartments, it was not bad at all.

I am looking into summo springs or airbags but it actually towed great. I will eventually flip my axles on the trailer but in the meantime, it's definitely towable.

View attachment 16161
Awesome. I'm waiting on my truck and didn't know what to expect with my 5th wheel

Brad
I am not knocking anyone nor their build, so please do not get offended, but i find it hard to understand buying a truck for what most of us spend (personally 80K) and then buying or installing such a low budget lift. I have personally ran readylift, but not on my 80K Tremor. I know for some it's hard to spend 5-8K on a lift/level when you can get the same VISUAL results for less than $100. But like the guy on Carli's website said when a guy asked a question about a ready lift (strange i know), but Carli said he would not answer his question, because of the Cons to that setup. He said you can do it cheap or you can do it right. If you just want the look of level, by all means go cheap, but if that's the case why a Tremor? Again TO EACH HIS OWN, but if there is any off-roading in the future of your truck, why go with something that just simply spaces your system with not so sturdy parts? Just My 2 pennies.

I am not knocking anyone nor their build, so please do not get offended, but i find it hard to understand buying a truck for what most of us spend (personally 80K) and then buying or installing such a low budget lift. I have personally ran readylift, but not on my 80K Tremor. I know for some it's hard to spend 5-8K on a lift/level when you can get the same VISUAL results for less than $100. But like the guy on Carli's website said when a guy asked a question about a ready lift (strange i know), but Carli said he would not answer his question, because of the Cons to that setup. He said you can do it cheap or you can do it right. If you just want the look of level, by all means go cheap, but if that's the case why a Tremor? Again TO EACH HIS OWN, but if there is any off-roading in the future of your truck, why go with something that just simply spaces your system with not so sturdy parts? Just My 2 pennies.
Carli recommending you spend 5-8 grand on leveling is not real surprising. I’m sure they would recommend buying every option under the sun that they sell. If your not trying to drastically upgrade the suspension system which carli sounds perfect for that, and wanting to level with pretty solid parts the ready lift with trac bar relocate doesn’t seem to be cheap part junk kit. Not going to get too crazy with it but if you have some reasonable off-roading in your future, that’s what the tremor option was for right. No question carli has some awesome shit but unless your really pushing the truck off-road or looking for serious upgrading I don’t think you discount other options because these trucks are expensive. I’m not saying an eBay special is going on my tremor anytime soon either. No offense intended just another point of view

I put a 2.5" Ready Lift level kit with track bar drop bracket in my 2017 F250. It seemed like a pretty solid kit for the money; less than $500.

My reasoning:

I work on construction sites and drive 30,000-40,000 miles per and have a goal to get a new ride before the 100,000 mile diesel warranty is up. This means I will be buying a new truck every 2-3 years. I'm sure a high end kit like a Carli is awesome but I will never get the money back out of it on the back end. My first day with my 17' on a job site I almost ripped the air dam off in a rut from a piece of heavy equipment. I went home that night and ordered the 2.5" level kit and 35's. This raised the air dam about 3.5"-4" over the stock FX4 height. The ready Lift kit maintains the factory ride, is inexpensive and does what I need it to. I have no regrets with it at all. When my Tremor comes in I'll see how it looks and go from there. I will likely go with one of the shorter spacer kits from PWM just to get the truck level and give me another inch or so. Just like how someone can't justify putting a $500 kit in a $60,000+ truck, I cant justify putting a $5,000 kit in a $60,000+ truck. Everyone's needs and budget are different. If I lived in Utah or Colorado my needs, wants and justifications might be completely different but in NY with 95% of my miles on the highway, 4% on muddy construction sites, and 1% with my toy hauler or my 11,000# skidsteer behind me I'm good with the Ready lift.

Its your ride, make it yours! :cool:

Bringing up an old thread. Both my 08 F250 KR (Readylift Hybrid 3.5" SST lift w/ tracbar, 37" Toyo OC MTs) and 19 F250 Platinum (2.5" Readlift w/ tracbar, stock michelins) have pulled a 32' conventional and 38' gooseneck triple axle thousands of miles without any issue. I have had airbags on both which greatly helped with the squat but never had an issue towing or with it being nose high.

About to pick up a 21 Tremor and will likely have the same setup as my 19 does now, plan to tow the 38' GN again.

Back