RBP or AMP POWER STEPS

Lurking Class

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F-250 Tremor 7.3L
Hello All,

I know most people including myself has/had AMP power steps. Has anyone had the RBP Power steps? Back in February of this year my wife had a full knee replacement. It’s been hard for her to get in and out of the tremor since I leveled it and installed the 37” tires. So I have to get her something better then the tremor steps. It’s not something I want to do but I have to do the right thing and get the steps. I had the AMP’s and they lasted 10 years until I traded the truck in. I like the RBP’s because they come with two motors per side and you don’t have to splice into the wiring system for power and to activate the steps when the door is opened. If anyone has a suggestion or comment I am open to them. The few post I have entered and read have some great information by all. Thanks.

I installed the Amp steps with dual motors per side and Illuminating lights on my Tremor. Not too painful of an install and they work perfectly. The OBD wiring and adapter is no big deal at all. I can honestly say, go with the Amp steps. You can’t go wrong with these.

I’ve installed Amps on last 2 vehicles, no splicing needed

On the 2020 Super Duty's, the Posi-Taps are necessary at two wires installed through a grommet in the floor and at two wires behind the OBD plug. They are very easy to install and would not sway my decision to use the AMP steps.

I went with the RBP steps. I Had the AMPS on my last truck. I went with RBP because the price point was closer to my budget. Also RBP main office is 15 minutes away and I like the 5 year warranty. I’ll keep you guys updated on how they do.

Attachments

• 567E4C11-E475-4BEC-BD0C-667249DDA6E3.jpeg
    567E4C11-E475-4BEC-BD0C-667249DDA6E3.jpeg
    456.1 KB · Views: 644
  • AF97EE3E-905C-40DA-98E2-4CFBDB85F53F.jpeg
    AF97EE3E-905C-40DA-98E2-4CFBDB85F53F.jpeg
    425 KB · Views: 658
  • 71EFF614-CE77-4B62-A1AC-E89353F828C4.jpeg
    71EFF614-CE77-4B62-A1AC-E89353F828C4.jpeg
    427.1 KB · Views: 651
  • 0B3CC389-CFB8-42CC-A99E-3FB06D40DA30.jpeg
    0B3CC389-CFB8-42CC-A99E-3FB06D40DA30.jpeg
    409.5 KB · Views: 649
I went with the RBP steps. I Had the AMPS on my last truck. I went with RBP because the price point was closer to my budget. Also RBP main office is 15 minutes away and I like the 5 year warranty. I’ll keep you guys updated on how they do.
After your steps extend out, can you measure for me the top of the step to the door opening. Im curious to know the difference from your steps and my stock Tremor steps. Thank you in advance

After your steps extend out, can you measure for me the top of the step to the door opening. Im curious to know the difference from your steps and my stock Tremor steps. Thank you in advance
[/QUOTE
It’s 14 1/2”.

Yes from the floor to my step is 14 1/2”. My steps are extended 3” over the standard RBP steps.

On the 2020 Super Duty's, the Posi-Taps are necessary at two wires installed through a grommet in the floor and at two wires behind the OBD plug. They are very easy to install and would not sway my decision to use the AMP steps.
Can you snap a pic of where you spliced the blue and white wire?

Any updates on this?? I am looking at both as well.

The steps have been great. Still working with no problems. I like the fact I can turn the steps on and off when I’m off-road. I have the extended steps(3”) they are really helpful. My wife had a full knee replacement 6 months ago.

After my wiring confusion; love my amp steps. Don’t know how to turn them off and on though other than unplugging.
One of the reasons I went with RBP is they give you a switch to turn the steps on and off.

Latest Discussions

Back