Rate my build or make it better

I just ordered my F250 Tremor. Been a long time coming, and I am excited to be graduating from my F150 and able to tow my trailer with more confidence. Here is what I ordered:
  • F250 Lariat in carbonized gray - 7.3L V8 4.3 ratio
  • Lariat sport appearance package
  • Lariat ultimate package
  • Ultimate trailer tow camera system and pro trailer backup assist
  • Upfitter switches
  • Adaptive cruise control
  • Ford spray-in bedliner
  • Quad beam LED lights
  • Adaptive steering system
Did I miss anything a seasoned Tremor owner would recommend? Any guesses on where my Payload will land?
I don't understand everyone ordering these trucks and spending all the money and not getting the diesel?? For any towing it is hands down the better option!!

I don't understand everyone ordering these trucks and spending all the money and not getting the diesel?? For any towing it is hands down the better option!!
For me: my primary use case isn't towing. I want the truck for a relatively light weight slide-in camper, but one that will overload a half ton truck, and then take it exploring on forest roads and such.

Also: the 6.7 is way more complex of an engine. Complexity-wise it's basically an Ecoboost without spark plugs or a second turbo, but with DEF. I love the simplicity of the 7.3. No turbos (and all that goes with them), single cam (pushrod), no DPF, no DEF, etc.

Absolutely agree that if towing heavy, particularly for long distances, then the 6.7 is a no brainer. But not all of us are doing that so we can reap the benefits that the 7.3 has to offer if we want.

For any towing it is hands down the better option!!

This is simply just not true.

There are scenarios where it may be: heavy towing when the extra weight of the diesel on the front axle might be beneficial from a handling perspective. Or, towing beyond the weight rating of the truck when the extra power of the diesel might be at all meaningful. (It's not with 15k-20k in tow.)

Otherwise it just comes down to fuel mileage and fuel-range. Which is basically a wash from a cost perspective given the major upfront and ongoing expense of the diesel. And from a utility perspective is only a minor inconvenience unless towing heavy, long distance, every day. (A use case which describes nobody on this forum as far as I can tell.)

A modern diesel is impossible for most people to maintain themselves. Is potentially prohibitively expensive to maintain for the long-term. And comes with an increasing amount of regulatory fees and red tape. It's a headache. With marginal benefits.

All of this results in the 7.3L being an increasingly popular option.

In some circumstances and states, Diesel is a great option. For me, in CA, and not towing anything heavier than #9K, it will take me 7+ years to recoup the cost for an engine that just isn't necessary. The 7.3L is more than capable for my use case.

I just ordered my F250 Tremor. Been a long time coming, and I am excited to be graduating from my F150 and able to tow my trailer with more confidence. Here is what I ordered:
  • F250 Lariat in carbonized gray - 7.3L V8 4.3 ratio
  • Lariat sport appearance package
  • Lariat ultimate package
  • Ultimate trailer tow camera system and pro trailer backup assist
  • Upfitter switches
  • Adaptive cruise control
  • Ford spray-in bedliner
  • Quad beam LED lights
  • Adaptive steering system
Did I miss anything a seasoned Tremor owner would recommend? Any guesses on where my Payload will land?
get the 397 alternator and the heated wheel!@!

I love the 6.7......but the 7.3 is probably a better choice in Dem land

Back