Raptor to Tremor

northerner77

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Well, I’m sure this one has been out there before. First, looking forward to learning more about the F350 tremor. I have really enjoyed my Raptor over the past couple years but some recent purchases have pushed me to the max tow capacity. I’m looking to switch to the superduty and these tremors are exactly what I’m looking for. Thanks all!

I made the switch from my 2019 Raptor to a 2022 F250. When I first got it, I didnt like it. Once I added the cover, tinted the windows and changed the running board to the FX4 (the tremor ones were too high for the wife and I didnt get the power boards which I regret). I love the truck now. It's higher and longer than the raptor. It's the same from the front bumper to the rear of the cab. I love the new 12 in screen. The only think I miss from the raptor is the console shift and the fatter raptor wheel.

Planning on getting the power boards and reverse leveling the rear. Once that's done. I'll be super happy. Loving the 6.7

FWIW my understanding is that there isn't much difference between the F350 and F250. For at least one configuration the only differences were: door sticker, door badge, rear leaf spring pack. I haven't studied the Tremor specifically that much on this topic, but I do know that 250 tremors are very close to non-Tremor 350s. The higher rating of the 350 can cause some registration and licensing issues depending on what you're pulling and the state where you live - even non-commercial. For me, I am well within the sticker limits on the 250, but if I want to push close to the max I can do relatively minor suspension upgrades and feel confident that the truck will perform as good as a 350. On the plus side I can do suspension upgrades that improve towing performance but have less impact on unladen ride quality.

I went from a 2017 Raptor to a F250 Lariat Tremor. Trying to compare the 2 is like comparing apples to oranges. Both trucks are awesome but in different ways. In an ideal world I would own both. I love my Tremor for its size, power, and towing capabilities. I loved the Raptor for it’s handling, smooth ride and great power when I got on the gas. Overall, the Raptor was a good truck but my Tremor does more of the things I need from a truck. Good luck you can’t go wrong either way.

FWIW my understanding is that there isn't much difference between the F350 and F250. For at least one configuration the only differences were: door sticker, door badge, rear leaf spring pack. I haven't studied the Tremor specifically that much on this topic, but I do know that 250 tremors are very close to non-Tremor 350s. The higher rating of the 350 can cause some registration and licensing issues depending on what you're pulling and the state where you live - even non-commercial. For me, I am well within the sticker limits on the 250, but if I want to push close to the max I can do relatively minor suspension upgrades and feel confident that the truck will perform as good as a 350. On the plus side I can do suspension upgrades that improve towing performance but have less impact on unladen ride quality.
To clarify, for the Tremor the 250 and 350 are mechanically identical. The only difference is the GVWR (which impacts the payload on the door sticker) and the badges.

You’re correct that for non-Tremors the 250 has a lighter spring pack. I believe it also has a slightly lighter duty axle and differential by default, though the right options will give a 250 the beefier axle/diff.

I went from a 2017 Raptor to a F250 Lariat Tremor. Trying to compare the 2 is like comparing apples to oranges. Both trucks are awesome but in different ways. In an ideal world I would own both. I love my Tremor for its size, power, and towing capabilities. I loved the Raptor for it’s handling, smooth ride and great power when I got on the gas. Overall, the Raptor was a good truck but my Tremor does more of the things I need from a truck. Good luck you can’t go wrong either way.
Another former Raptor owner here as well but I came from a Gen 1 and couldn’t agree more on two different animals for comparison. I too would own both in a perfect world but the Tremor is a good option where extra payload and towing capacity is needed beyond what the Raptor can provide and owing both is not currently in the cards.

65375549573__FBCBB97F-98C6-45EF-A269-8C3A08E6B7DE.jpeg
65655081167__FCAB73DD-FEC9-4625-B276-22FA897A9D64.jpeg
Here is the before and after for the boards. I'm waiting for my amps to get installed. These are the FX4 boards. If your wife is short, get either the power boards or have the dealer toss these in the deal. The 250 is a lot higher.

Here is the before and after for the boards. I'm waiting for my amps to get installed. These are the FX4 boards. If your wife is short, get either the power boards or have the dealer toss these in the deal. The 250 is a lot higher.
My wife is 5’6 so not that short but she bitches every time she gets in my truck. I just laugh because I really like the xtra hight on the Tremor. I’m running the fixed Raptor running boards on mine. If hight is a concern go with one of the setups that donmatteo mentioned.

Yeah, no issues with the Raptor here either but boy she‘s not super happy getting into my 250.
I have the retractable steps and my wife still makes comments. PS she is 6' and just likes to complain about the new truck.

My wife is 5’8” and initially complained that it was too hard but now that she is used to it doesn’t seem to mind. Especially now that our 3 year old can climb in on his own with the stock Tremor boards. I would give them a chance before swapping out if not going the power route.

Back