modified

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2017 Ford Raptor
Current Ride #2
2020 Diesel Tremor
Has anyone done or thinking about adding Raptor style grille lights to their Tremor? Custom Auto Works has a plug and play (except LED headlights) set available for the 2020 Super Dutys.

raptor-grille-lights-tremor2.jpg

raptor-grille-lights-tremor1.jpg

Source: https://customautoworksstore.com/pr...O_LGfJ92ni-dwgE6_iYb7kTJJijiii-_qashWU-AHOacE

Last edited:
OP
modified

modified

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2017 Ford Raptor
Current Ride #2
2020 Diesel Tremor
I'm still on the fence about doing this. Here's another option that I think looks a little better.

Bill

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-250 6.7L Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 Dodge Challenger Wide Body Scat Pack 2018 John Deere 5065E Tractor
There is a black Tremor around here that I’ve seen a few times that has them. I don’t mind them, but I wouldn’t do it on mine.

Bryantbjb

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Ford Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I just installed these on my new rig. I like them. Correct if you have LED lights. I did not want to take out my inner wheel well liner. Just went to the upfitter switches.

Attachments

• A4A83C78-AAD3-45D4-80C7-D147E92946C1.jpeg
    A4A83C78-AAD3-45D4-80C7-D147E92946C1.jpeg
    330.6 KB · Views: 78

Digger29

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
17 Ford Raptor
So.... I received my Raptor style grill lights the other day and just went to install them and there's no directions. Based on the video on F150 LED's site it doesn't look to be all that difficult but he's installing them on a truck without LED headlights. He mentions to follow the other steps about tapping into the wires directly on the headlight plug itself in the directions for LED headlight on the directions that I don't have. Anyone know what wires on the plug that I'd be tapping into so they'll come on with my running lights? Thanks guys, Mike

ibeb

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 CCSB Lariat Tremor

mworkman80

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
None - I sold my F-150

Worley

Founding Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-350 6.7 Rapid Red
Current Ride #2
2012 Harley Davidson Road Glide
So.... I received my Raptor style grill lights the other day and just went to install them and there's no directions. Based on the video on F150 LED's site it doesn't look to be all that difficult but he's installing them on a truck without LED headlights. He mentions to follow the other steps about tapping into the wires directly on the headlight plug itself in the directions for LED headlight on the directions that I don't have. Anyone know what wires on the plug that I'd be tapping into so they'll come on with my running lights? Thanks guys, Mike
It’s posted on here somewhere. I pulled the airbox out and you can either unclip the headlight harness off or pull the wires out of the loom (see pic) like I did. My meaty hands couldn’t unplug it.
Did the DRW lights you ordered from Amazon mount to the factory holes?

I was having a hard time disconnecting the light harness from under the air box with my meaty hands. I ended up just taking a razor knife and sliced the electrical tape down the wire loom and removed a section. This allowed me to pull the wires out of the loom to tap into them. I ended up tapping one wire to the brown/yellow and ran it up to the top of engine bay so I could add whatever I needed from there. I installed the badge and the white Raptor lights. I hope this picture helps anyone interested in adding lights.
66F60FC9-B417-4109-9584-7CF5CCD202DD.jpeg

zeke2020

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 lariat, 7.3L Tremor
Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge