Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
ford-raptor-steering-wheel-upgrade.jpg

Discussions for upgrading & replacing the stock Super Duty steering wheel to the Ford Raptor style steering wheel. Who's interested in doing this?

** Amazon currently has these available for $449 -

** Link to all the parts needed to do the upgrade:

Last edited:
be cautious. I had 2 raptors and the center strip does start to come off after a while. Yes, not every raptor. I can only go by my experience. A 13 and 18.
Same thing here on my 2014, If I do a raptor steering wheel in the tremor I will spend the extra time to wire up the paddle shifters

So I did this mod....its in the other thread.

Boosted Grey Goose makes a plug and play harness to make this a super simple swap.

Some observations:

-paddle shifters work perfectly.

-buttons on the right side of the wheel are not identical between the raptor and SD.

-the middle button on the SD is the "mode" on the Raptor its the voice command. It still operates as the mode button after the swap

-the phone buttons, answer and hang up dont work now, I never used those anyways.

-the upper mode button on the wheel is now the voice command

-lower button does not do anything

-mute button still works.

-cruise and everything on the left side works normally

I guess I should have swapped the buttons from the old wheel on the right side but honestly it doesnt matter to me at this point.

Boosted Grey Goose makes a plug and play harness to make this a super simple swap.

Some observations:

-buttons on the right side of the wheel are not identical between the raptor and SD.

-the middle button on the SD is the "mode" on the Raptor its the voice command. It still operates as the mode button after the swap

-the phone buttons, answer and hang up dont work now, I never used those anyways.

I guess I should have swapped the buttons from the old wheel on the right side but honestly it doesnt matter to me at this point.
I was gonna say, swap your buttons from your SD wheel.

Red starting coming off on my 12 Raptor, but was able to get the local Ford dealer to warranty it, which was nice.

Also it looks like the dark silver plastic will match my XLT dash, but seems like the Lariat has the lighter silver? Trying to determine which color plastic I have as you can get the wheel with dark or light silver, see below. Can you change out the buttons and leave the silver plastic? My wheel is all black now so just want the buttons. Also, has anyone commented on the functionality, seems like it would be great to tow in manual with both hands on the wheel...

Last edited by a moderator:

Some observations:

This is good to know...Another question, is the size of the wheel the same as the SuperDuty? Also is the shape the same? I guess so as it looks round.

I think it is, and cheaper... Also it looks like the dark silver plastic will match my XLT dash, but seems like the Lariat has the lighter silver? Trying to determine which color plastic I have as you can get the wheel with dark or light silver, see below. Can you change out the buttons and leave the silver plastic? My wheel is all black now so just want the buttons. Also, has anyone commented on the functionality, seems like it would be great to tow in manual with both hands on the wheel...

Thats why I did it mainly....to use the paddles when towing instead of the button on the shifter. I'm pretty sure you can swap the buttons...I didn't so the buttons on the right side of the wheel are slightly different. Not a big deal for me but something to keep in mind.

I went with the orange accent raptor wheel because I wanted the darker grey...one thing I didnt notice was that the orange wheel is smooth all the way around vs the red accent one which has the perforations at the bottom.

So, $600 or so to do this? Not bad. I'd be worried about the air bag blowing up while I do this haha

That's my biggest worry as well. Although I've watch a few youtube videos and it doesn't look that hard.

I think it is, and cheaper... Also it looks like the dark silver plastic will match my XLT dash, but seems like the Lariat has the lighter silver? Trying to determine which color plastic I have as you can get the wheel with dark or light silver, see below. Can you change out the buttons and leave the silver plastic? My wheel is all black now so just want the buttons. Also, has anyone commented on the functionality, seems like it would be great to tow in manual with both hands on the wheel...

Yes you can change the buttons it is very easy. THe entire swap is and boosted grey goose is very responsive to questions. as far as functionality I never want to have another truck I intend to tow with without paddle shifters.
thumbnail_IMG_2161.jpg

Back