Rain sensing wipers

banthos

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 6.7 F-350 Tremor
Anyone else’s rain sensing wipers crap? I’ve had my ‘22 for a couple weeks. First rain today, it was down pouring. Tried adjusting the sensitivity of the auto wipers, didn’t seem to change anything. I made sure “rain sensing” was checked in the vehicle options. The wipers definitely wiped in auto mode, but at odd times, inconsistently, and never at the right time.

I eventually turned the wipers up high enough that it bypasses auto and wipes fast.

I added the rain sensing wiper option for the heated steering wheel here in MN. Any thoughts? TIA

**UPDATE 8/28**
Found a latch/clip on the windshield sensor that wasn’t secure (behind the plastic cover from inside the cab). After fixing this, the rain sensing wipers work great now. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
On my 19 F150 they were hit or miss. Sometimes they worked perfectly and I didn’t need to touch them and other times they wouldn’t wipe when needed or went crazy like it was a downpour. Had them looked at but of course service couldn’t “replicate” it 🙄

Anyone else’s rain sensing wipers crap? I’ve had my ‘22 for a couple weeks. First rain today, it was down pouring. Tried adjusting the sensitivity of the auto wipers, didn’t seem to change anything. I made sure “rain sensing” was checked in the vehicle options. The wipers definitely wiped in auto mode, but at odd times, inconsistently, and never at the right time.

I eventually turned the wipers up high enough that it bypasses auto and wipes fast.

I added the rain sensing wiper option for the heated steering wheel here in MN. Any thoughts? TIA
Mine worked great on the trip home from the dealer and again today. I got to break mine in within 20 minutes of picking her up.

From what I understand they use the camera in the windshield & algorithms that calculate the water on the glass in front of the camera

They work great about 89% of the time In-N-Out Raptor, but when it’s coming down like a cow pissing on a flat rock, nothing works very good

We also clay bar the windshield and use Adams glass sealer & that really helps

From what I understand they use the camera in the windshield & algorithms that calculate the water on the glass in front of the camera

They work great about 89% of the time In-N-Out Raptor, but when it’s coming down like a cow pissing on a flat rock, nothing works very good

We also clay bar the windshield and use Adams glass sealer & that really helps
nice, thanks for the tips

Never found them to work well on ANY vehicle. Always too fast or too slow for my preferences.

We use RainX, and any sealer/wax causes problems as the small droplets confuse the algorithm.

They are hit or miss. My 20 150 King Ranch Would work perfectly sometimes then not at all. They are GREAT on my 03 town car what ever they use to use they should use on these new ones......oh well they don't make them like they used to

They are hit or miss. My 20 150 King Ranch Would work perfectly sometimes then not at all. They are GREAT on my 03 town car what ever they use to use they should use on these new ones......oh well they don't make them like they used to
Ain't that the truth! Throw away society...

So i use the rain x wipers and leave is on auto at the lowest setting and thing they work perfect .... but in a down pour they wiper alot more then i would want becuase of the Rain x it not needed but i also drive with my wipers off in my f150 when it raining becuase of rain x

Were the rain sensing wipers part of a package?
on the Larait yes the rainsensing wiper was the package name ... on the 2020 it came with the heated wipers and heated steering wheel

Back