Radio station control issues

Having some issues too. Thought I was losing my mind. I wound set the presets and then a few days later they would be erased.

Vehicle is back from the dealer and unfortunately they did not fix the issue. This was what they did. I will have to bring it back again for them to replace the unit. What upsets me is that my service adviser was not in when I picked up the vehicle and they think they fixed the problem. I did not have time to wait for them to reassess the problem.

Screenshot 2021-04-23 100231.jpg

Vehicle is back from the dealer and unfortunately they did not fix the issue. This was what they did. I will have to bring it back again for them to replace the unit. What upsets me is that my service adviser was not in when I picked up the vehicle and they think they fixed the problem. I did not have time to wait for them to reassess the problem.

View attachment 22873
Dang so they need to replace the whole radio? Are there any Service Bulletins out for it?

Seems like a software glitch. All radios should have the issue. Mine seems to happen only after inputting new presets. After a day or so they stay as set. So far....
I still like the old version better

Just checked in with my dealers service center. Told there has been no new updates released to fix this situation so far. Check back in another month....

You will be happy with an $80k vehicle that just doesn’t work properly? What’s next? “It’s a Ford thing, you wouldn’t understand”?
it’s incredibly annoying and unacceptable

I have a '21. Mine has been doing this since I picked it up at the end of March. It is very irritating, but I am definitely not taking it to the dealership for them to give me any BS excuses. I'm hoping for an OTA update from Ford.
I also hate the fact that you can't really customize the screen color scheme like I can in my '18 Rubicon.

Update: The dealer performed a master reset of the unit but no luck. Still had the preset problems. They are now in the process of determining if the unit should be replaced. Another dealer flat out told me it would have to be replaced but for some reason this dealer wants to try every option before replacing it. This is on top of other issues I am having...

Any updates on this? Just got mine home and it’s doing it - it shows what station I’m on and mirrors it in the next preset etc.
On a different note, I have only seen 1 Tremor in Oregon (Salem on I5) and it was black. I have the 202q Rapid Red. Looks like you are in the Bend/Redmond area?

New symptom... when changing stations from the steering wheel, it will revert back to the #1 preset when on that screen, but only with FM stations when they have been active for .

Example: #1 is 106.5 FM, #2 is 104.3 FM, #3 is 101.1 FM, #4 is 98.9FM, #5 is XM, #6 is XM. If I move from #1 to #2, and stay on #2 for more than ten seconds, when I try to go to #3, it moves back to #1. Same with #3, and #4. #5 and #6 do not do this, nor to presets #7-#12.

This on top of the misidentification issue. I have been confised quite a few times while driving as it goes to something completely unexpected.

I need to add another 6 presets and set up a test, but time is not free right now...

Has anyone had any problems with the radio station controls changing their locations on their own after you select them? For example if I have a country station all the way to the right and I select it it jumps all the way to the left. But it’s no longer the country station. The icon for the country stations there but the original programmed station At that location comes on when I touch that button. They seem to bounce back-and-forth and the icons for the stations change. I also have issues with station icons appearing that were never programmed into the radio. Then when I select that It will change back to what I originally saved. Any ideas?
Exact same problem on my month old 21

Thankful for this forum. Picked my new 21 Tremor up last week and it’s doing this as well. Ugh. Painful. Hope they have A fix soon.

Well it’s only getting worse. Now it gets stuck on a channel and you can’t change unless you go through all the media option, Sirius, Bluetooth, fm, am and back to Sirius again. Then it’ll change a few channels and get stuck again.
Plus the Apple car play doesn’t work anymore……time to call the service manager again.

The latest update fixed my issue. See this thread:

Well it’s only getting worse. Now it gets stuck on a channel and you can’t change unless you go through all the media option, Sirius, Bluetooth, fm, am and back to Sirius again. Then it’ll change a few channels and get stuck again.
Plus the Apple car play doesn’t work anymore……time to call the service manager again.
Mine was doing that this weekend too - first time for me. It had been doing the switching placeholders wonky stuff. This time it was frozen to a channel no matter me switching through it. My wife’s phone was plugged in with CarPlay - unplugged and still happened, unplugged and turned car off then back on and worked - but still with wonky placeholder channel stuff. I’m afraid to call my dealer (who I didn’t buy from) - not sure what they’re going to do.

The latest update fixed my issue. See this thread:

Mine is updated to 3.4. Station buttons work better but still very slow to change once pressed. Also my Apple Car Play is no longer working.

Back