Radio station control issues

I can report the same issue. I'm strangely feeling a little happy to hear I wasn't doing something wrong the day after I brought Xena home, and tried to program the flipping presets, and they kept jumping all over the place! Frustrating AF. Seems to be problematic on the XM stations more than the regular radio station presets.

Yea that video is weird. I'm wondering if it's related to XM stuff also. Please double check your "page" setting also as it looks like it's configured for two pages because of the two dots at the bottom. When it's set to one there are no dots. You may need more later, but I'm wondering if this goes away with the XM stations when there's only one page available.

Yea that video is weird. I'm wondering if it's related to XM stuff also. Please double check your "page" setting also as it looks like it's configured for two pages because of the two dots at the bottom. When it's set to one there are no dots. You may need more later, but I'm wondering if this goes away with the XM stations when there's only one page available.
Good call. I did knock it down to one page and it continued to do it. So I put it back up to 2 pages so the dealer can see how it acts when I originally found the issue.

Good call. I did knock it down to one page and it continued to do it. So I put it back up to 2 pages so the dealer can see how it acts when I originally found the issue.
Ok cool. Next time I'm in my truck I'm gonna add some XM stations and see if it does same thing.

I have a very similar problem. The XM programmed station preset shows a different XM station than what is actually programmed. For example if "No Shoes Radio" (XM 57) is on preset button 3, on the screen it may show preset button 3 as "Lithium" (XM 34). But when I press preset button 3 "No Shoes Radio" comes on. My service dealer told me they would have to replace the whole unit. I told them I would get it done at the first service, which is coming up soon.

I have a very similar problem. The XM programmed station preset shows a different XM station than what is actually programmed. For example if "No Shoes Radio" (XM 57) is on preset button 3, on the screen it may show preset button 3 as "Lithium" (XM 34). But when I press preset button 3 "No Shoes Radio" comes on. My service dealer told me they would have to replace the whole unit. I told them I would get it done at the first service, which is coming up soon.
They have to replace the whole unit! Good lord. Guess I’ll find out next week when it gets looked at.

So I took it in to the dealer to get looked at this morning. After about 20 mins the service tech comes out and says he couldn’t reproduce the issue. But said Ford is aware of the issue and is working on a update which should be out shortly. I was told to check back in about 3-4 weeks to see if the update is out.

He couldn’t reproduce the issue but as soon as I got back in the truck in their drive through bay the issue happened right away.

So I took it in to the dealer to get looked at this morning. After about 20 mins the service tech comes out and says he couldn’t reproduce the issue. But said Ford is aware of the issue and is working on a update which should be out shortly. I was told to check back in about 3-4 weeks to see if the update is out.

He couldn’t reproduce the issue but as soon as I got back in the truck in their drive through bay the issue happened right away.
I’ll be following this one as I too have the same problem. Glad to know it wasn’t user error on my part!

The only issue I have is I’m still receiving free XM radio and it’s been over a year lol. I hope I don’t jinx myself and it gets cut off.

I had a similar problem when I brought it home. I programmed different stations and it is cleared up for now, but am glad there may be a fix on the way.

Any updates on this? Just got mine home and it’s doing it - it shows what station I’m on and mirrors it in the next preset etc.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    7.9 MB
Same on my truck. '21 running Sync3

Buggy software gonna bug. SSDD for Infotainment since 2003. Why these companies can't T & V this shit better is beyond me. Especially since this is used on numerous platforms.

Sometimes makes me wish I just got an XLT. Then I turn on the heated seat and wheel.

I was having the same preset problems the first 2 times I drove my 2021 but now it seems fine. We'll see. I'm like you guys, I thought I was doing something wrong.

The last time I was in I was told Ford is working on an update to the sync 3 to fix this issue. I was told to check back in about a month to see if Ford pushed out the update. I plan on calling next week. Mine is still acting up.

Glad I found this. My new truck is doing the same thing. Ridiculous. The old sync in my 17 was so much better. Better layout, functionality, more presets, and the presets were specific to the band you were in. Hard buttons corresponded to the presets as well. This sync 3.4 is dogsh!t!

Back