Question On Valet Mode

Gus

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
What exactly is the Valet mode, can’t find much about it in the manual and trying to find out exactly what it entails and does

• Wow
Reactions: ccw
Biggest thing is that it limits the speed to 25mph. It also disables other features, such as nav, infotainment, and Bluetooth to name a few.

Biggest thing is that it limits the speed to 25mph. It also disables other features, such as nav, infotainment, and Bluetooth to name a few.

So, uh, I’m sure it limits speed for other models but apparently not on Super Duty. Or my truck has an issue.

Tried out Valet Mode the other night out of curiosity and as far as I could tell the only thing it did was block access to the infotainment screen. Gauge cluster screen was fully active. Truck felt like it had full power. I hit 45mph without issue.

Not a bad thing still (prevents someone from hooking their phone up to your infotainment system or messing with those settings) but dramatically less useful than it could be.

• Sad
Reactions: Gus
So, uh, I’m sure it limits speed for other models but apparently not on Super Duty. Or my truck has an issue.

Tried out Valet Mode the other night out of curiosity and as far as I could tell the only thing it did was block access to the infotainment screen. Gauge cluster screen was fully active. Truck felt like it had full power. I hit 45mph without issue.

Not a bad thing still (prevents someone from hooking their phone up to your infotainment system or messing with those settings) but dramatically less useful than it could be.

Great here I was thinking it limited speed as well as all the other things. Used it for vale parking at a couple restaurants in the city where parking is slim pickings

New alarm also has a valet mode but not sure what it entails

Have you ever confirmed it limits speed to 25? I haven’t specifically tested that but I have driven at least dozens of Fords and Lincolns with valet mode on and gone over 25.

Limiting the speed to 25 could be a safety issue and is something I wouldn’t think Ford would do from a legal standpoint.

I currently have a rental 22 Edge and will try it in the morning.

Also this doesn’t make any sense.

FE80D9CF-1E40-4332-ABFB-821B638E6ED7.jpeg

I personally would not let any valet park my SD, like ever:)

When eating at a upscale restaurant where a cheap meal is $125 without drinks & you see G Wagons and up being parked by the valet I’m not really concerned. My only concern is height if parking in a underground garage or other parking garages that are built for cars

When eating at a upscale restaurant where a cheap meal is $125 without drinks & you see G Wagons and up being parked by the valet I’m not really concerned. My only concern is height if parking in a underground garage or other parking garages that are built for cars
I'm going to Telluride soon and the place I always stay will literally not let you not pay valet. Which is dumb because they only have underground parking, so no way my truck fits. They have like 20 above ground spots right next to the main door. So I will be paying for valet and not actually be able to use it.

Reactions: Gus
I'm going to Telluride soon and the place I always stay will literally not let you not pay valet. Which is dumb because they only have underground parking, so no way my truck fits. They have like 20 above ground spots right next to the main door. So I will be paying for valet and not actually be able to use it.

Understand that, we went to cars and colors or some such car show in Telluride a few years back & the place we stayed was like that. But we had the wife’s car so it went into the basement. Forget the name of the place but it was nice

I wish there was a way to turn valet mode on everytime you exited the truck without having to do it through the screen. I could care less about the speed limiting part, but the fact that they cant get into the radio and remove your phone gives you a chance to locate your truck if its stolen because fordpass will still be active and tell you where the truck is.

• Useful
I literally won't valet anything! I won't let a stranger drive, or get into one of my vehicles alone. Has nothing to do with monetary value. I've parked half a mile down the road to not valet.

When eating at a upscale restaurant where a cheap meal is $125 without drinks & you see G Wagons and up being parked by the valet I’m not really concerned.
I don't eat a $125 meals, like ever!

I literally won't valet anything! I won't let a stranger drive, or get into one of my vehicles alone. Has nothing to do with monetary value. I've parked half a mile down the road to not valet.
Exactly.

When eating at an upscale restaurant where a cheap meal is $125 without drinks & you see G Wagons and up being parked by the valet I’m not really concerned. My only concern is height if parking in a underground garage or other parking garages that are built for cars
The “class” of the establishment has little to nothing to do with the valet service. They are low paid workers and most could not care less about damaging your vehicle. While most may be honest and not steal there are plenty of rotten apples that will and they don’t have to be the ones that park or return your vehicle.

It also doesn’t matter how nice the car is or how many “nice” cars they park.

I highly recommend to never use valet to everyone who asks.

The “class” of the establishment has little to nothing to do with the valet service. They are low paid workers and most could not care less about damaging your vehicle. While most may be honest and not steal there are plenty of rotten apples that will and they don’t have to be the ones that park or return your vehicle.

It also doesn’t matter how nice the car is or how many “nice” cars they park.

I highly recommend to never use valet to everyone who asks.

You enjoy making assumptions while ignoring the fact some places actually have a trusted valet service.

You enjoy making assumptions while ignoring the fact some places actually have a trusted valet service.
You also enjoy making assumptions and ignoring facts. I have 15 years working in and running valet parking and have seen, heard and witnessed more than you can imagine.

There is no thing as “trusted” valet parking. 😂

You also enjoy making assumptions and ignoring facts. I have 15 years working in and running valet parking and have seen, heard and witnessed more than you can imagine.

There is no thing as “trusted” valet parking. 😂

So you worked at a zero skill low paying un trustworthy job for 15 years & now you want to be trustworthy and believable

I’m sure your sample of 1 trumps all valet services all across the country and time zones no matter where they are located

As far as you seeing more than I can imagine, please continue your egotistical and condescending attitude and keep telling yourself you know everything

So you worked at a zero skill low paying un trustworthy job for 15 years & now you want to be trustworthy and believable

I’m sure your sample of 1 trumps all valet services all across the country and time zones no matter where they are located

As far as you seeing more than I can imagine, please continue your egotistical and condescending attitude and keep telling yourself you know everything
Nice try. Real nice insulting people who work hard to provide for their families and assuming you know their or my situation.

Just can’t accept others have experience or more experience than you.

I’m not the one bragging about how much I can spend on a dinner. 😂

Back