Question on factory options before placing order

Keep the carpet if you're not a serious mudder. In my opinion, a much nicer look than stock rubber floors.

Many are of the opinion that the carpet delete affords easier cleaning, but I've found in most cases that the carpet with a quality mat in place is easier to clean than the "fixed" rubberized floor without a mat. The rubber gets ground in dirt just as easily as carpet with a floor mat. (I've had both versions)

With carpet, you can put a quality floor liner mat such as Weather Tech, (or others) that fits like a glove and easily removable to clean up outside with a pressure washer or scrubbing. Still, they won't come perfectly clean. But the advantage is, they can be replaced over time if desired. And yes, you could place a mat over a rubber floor, but then that defeats the reason for the carpet delete anyway. The small, exposed parts of the carpet not covered by the mat, are easy to clean with carpet cleaners and a good vac, and they don't show the ground in dirt as much.

Yeah, I made sure I didn't miss the mats 🤣
I didn't get them with my order. Got the carpet deleted but the salesman didn't know if the pegs, for the mat to lock in, were there. I can now confirm they are. Mats gonna be on order this week

Keep the carpet if you're not a serious mudder. In my opinion, a much nicer look than stock rubber floors.

Many are of the opinion that the carpet delete affords easier cleaning, but I've found in most cases that the carpet with a quality mat in place is easier to clean than the "fixed" rubberized floor without a mat. The rubber gets ground in dirt just as easily as carpet with a floor mat. (I've had both versions)

With carpet, you can put a quality floor liner mat such as Weather Tech, (or others) that fits like a glove and easily removable to clean up outside with a pressure washer or scrubbing. Still, they won't come perfectly clean. But the advantage is, they can be replaced over time if desired. And yes, you could place a mat over a rubber floor, but then that defeats the reason for the carpet delete anyway. The small, exposed parts of the carpet not covered by the mat, are easy to clean with carpet cleaners and a good vac, and they don't show the ground in dirt as much.
One exception to this, is pet hair. Pet hair is difficult to vacuum with carpet.

One exception to this, is pet hair. Pet hair is difficult to vacuum with carpet.
Another exception I have found is liquid spills so add kids to that list. My experience even with good mats liquids still find their way under the mat. I prefer a quick wipe with a cloth vs a carpet shampoo for the stuff that inevitably makes its way under even the best mats. When my kiddo was younger he had a super knack for some how managing to spill his milk in such a way where most of it seemed to find its way under the mats. There’s a night and day difference in ease cleaning my truck with the delete vs the wife’s car with carpet and running high quality rubber mats in both.

No matter what you prefer carpet or vinyl flooring I am on the philosophy mats are needed to avoid rather quick irrecoverable damage to the flooring in a short order.

The only reason I'm even considering the carpet is I imagine it helps more than the vinyl floor with reducing road noise.

The only reason I'm even considering the carpet is I imagine it helps more than the vinyl floor with reducing road noise.
That was also a consideration for me, according to some, it didn't make that much of a difference. Still seems to attenuate some to me. As for cleaning, I don't have live at home kids anymore, the dog is part wolf and Pomeranian (Mostly Pomeranian🤣) and doesn't shed. So, cleaning has never been an issue for me.

There’s a post about dropping the tremor running boards with stock brackets from standard running boards. I was going to do power boards aftermarket, but someone said they prevent door dings on your truck (They will scratch the crap out of the other car) and prevent rocks from hitting your paint. Seeing them in person, I’m going to keep them as is. Here’s a couple pictures of the dropped tremor boards from another post (not my truck).
This is my truck. Feel free to reach out with any questions. I've been very happy with the lowered stock boards.

Was contemplating the rear corner retractable steps but not sure I need them since the tailgate step solves that for us. Plus they look even more funky to me than the side ones.
I find that I use the rear corner step much more that the tailgate step. It is quicker and easier to deploy. When I have the toper on, it is the easy way to climb into the bed. With the topper on, the tailgate step is pretty useless. Even when I don't have the topper on, I find the the corner step easier unless I am getting in and out of the bed multiple times.

There’s still the sound deadening pad underneath the vinyl floor. I don’t notice a difference between my 2020 and friend’s trucks of similar years with the carpet.

For the rear side bed step I find it useful for use with a gooseneck trailer or climbing up with the gate closed but otherwise use the tailgate step the rest of the time. If I didn’t have a gooseneck to connect up probably wouldn’t have added the rear side step.

I find that I use the rear corner step much more that the tailgate step. It is quicker and easier to deploy. When I have the toper on, it is the easy way to climb into the bed. With the topper on, the tailgate step is pretty useless. Even when I don't have the topper on, I find the the corner step easier unless I am getting in and out of the bed multiple times.
My plan is to add a slide-in camper, so the tailgate would have to come off, so the corner step makes a lot of sense to me.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I might have to check them out. Do you have both corner retractable steps? Or is only one needed?

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I might have to check them out. Do you have both corner retractable steps? Or is only one needed?
Actually when searching it looks as though its only available for the drivers side anyway. p/n VPC3Z17A958A

The power running boards are nice. I was on the the fence about them when I found a tremor with regular tremor running boards to test drive. My wife was with me when I drove the truck she had a dress on that day and struggled to get in the truck. She is 5’11”. Also I think the truck looks better with the power running boards.

As to the carpet delete, it is one my favorite features of the truck.

Do the 24 power running boards have the Chrome strip?

The bonus on fixed is they help with door dings as the other person door will hit running boards first

Back