Question DEF

Mountaincat900

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Ford F350 CC LB 6.7
I searched everywhere online and I havent ever driven a 6.7, but does Ford 6.7s have a actual DEF gauge like the Dodges?

yes it does. it's configurable in the instrument cluster

There is also a set up for it on Forscan to add it to the dash but I just use the standard way of looking it up as I don't need it that often.

I can tell you when you are pulling a trailer out west and going 80-85MPH ( not recommended) the 6.7 uses a ton of DEF

If you choose gauge mode on your dash it adds the def gauge

If you choose gauge mode on your dash it adds the def gauge

Yes it does, without forscan.??
Open source internet -
For example, for every 100 gallons of diesel fuel consumed, between 2 and 4 gallons of DEF will be automatically injected into the exhaust system. The typical DEF tank will be approximately 15 – 20 gallons, thus requiring a fill every 5,000 to 6,000 miles.

Last edited:
How much are you paying for DEF?
For the 2.5 gallon.....at convenience stores its $14-17 its around $12.50 at Walmart/Costco but I have been filling it up at truck stops where they sell it at the pump by the gallon last time was around $2.97 I topped it off . seems like it was cheaper a couple years ago. I remember it being under $9.00 for 2.5 gallon at the convenience stores. I will say the 6.7 Ford uses much more than my 2015 Chevy d max.

Back