JC_Tremor

Toasty
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
USN
Current Ride
Focus ST
I'm not familiar with these trucks or even the last 2 generations. My coworker brought up a point concerning theft as his 2006 was broken into and it was easy using a screwdriver. After that happened to him a few years later his truck was stolen and never seen again (probably in Mexico, sold or parted).

Question is, has Ford been able to combat this issue? I did a quick search and watched a video or two and noted that the only ones that were being stolen were older 2006 or so model years. That same coworker told me I should get an alarm which I assumed most vehicles made now had or at least some sort of fail safe. My truck does not have push to start.

I'm sure any fail safe can be bypassed given enough time, expertise, etc but for normal, casual thieves on the street with a screwdriver hopefully it isn't so easy anymore.

Ford hasn't done much to change the door locks, just google it and you'll see how easy they are to get into. There are a few companies that make it harder, here a link to one, for 150's-450's:

Oh sh1t...thanks for this. I figured that Ford had fixed the issue. This is probably a necessary thing for me as I live relatively close to Mexico and it seems like F250 theft is relatively common here, or at least breaking into it.

Over on the big truck forum there's a lot of break-ins posted. The issue with the fix is that the crooks don't know what they're up against until the've damaged the truck.

That's another good alternative. Unfortunately, just like the "lock block", the crooks are still going to damage door metal and paint, and steal anything inside the truck. Its hard to believe that Ford won't redesign the locking system............. but then again, a spring loaded punch gets you inside in seconds.

That's another good alternative. Unfortunately, just like the "lock block", the crooks are still going to damage door metal and paint, and steal anything inside the truck. Its hard to believe that Ford won't redesign the locking system............. but then again, a spring loaded punch gets you inside in seconds.

yeah it wont prevent damage but they arent getting away with your truck

A deterrent besides that kill switch would be to advertise that you have it so that they may not even bother...just a thought.

they gave me a pair of stickers but they look like crap.... lol didn't really wanna load the truck with decals like ADT lol

Best to use good common sense and situational awareness

Make sure to have your insurance policy up to date.

I even lock my vehicles inside my locked shop with a German Shepherd outside. But thats just me.

I'm not familiar with these trucks or even the last 2 generations. My coworker brought up a point concerning theft as his 2006 was broken into and it was easy using a screwdriver. After that happened to him a few years later his truck was stolen and never seen again (probably in Mexico, sold or parted).

Question is, has Ford been able to combat this issue? I did a quick search and watched a video or two and noted that the only ones that were being stolen were older 2006 or so model years. That same coworker told me I should get an alarm which I assumed most vehicles made now had or at least some sort of fail safe. My truck does not have push to start.

I'm sure any fail safe can be bypassed given enough time, expertise, etc but for normal, casual thieves on the street with a screwdriver hopefully it isn't so easy anymore.
I don't think you could break into a 2020 Tremor with a screw driver without setting off the alarm.

Had mine broken into last night, only deterrent was the alarm when the window was smashed
That's a shame and sorry to learn of your situation. Unfortunately we can spend money out the wazoo on prevention and a window still breaks in about a millisecond. The factory alarm system is quite effective but many a casual thief could care less about another alarm going off in the neighborhood.

I like the idea of tracking devices but if all they want is the contents of your glove box or back seat storage, tracking won't do much their either. It's sad the world many of us live in these days.

BTW welcome to the Forum and the Tremor Family. A ton of great folks here to answer questions, supply advise, share ideas for accessories and mods and just get to know. Please feel free to participate. I know it's mostly guys but all are welcome! ? ;)

That's a shame and sorry to learn of your situation. Unfortunately we can spend money out the wazoo on prevention and a window still breaks in about a millisecond. The factory alarm system is quite effective but many a casual thief could care less about another alarm going off in the neighborhood.

I like the idea of tracking devices but if all they want is the contents of your glove box or back seat storage, tracking won't do much their either. It's sad the world many of us live in these days.

BTW welcome to the Forum and the Tremor Family. A ton of great folks here to answer questions, supply advise, share ideas for accessories and mods and just get to know. Please feel free to participate. I know it's mostly guys but all are welcome! ? ;)
3M Scotchshield.

It's not bulletproof but it's as close as you're going to get.

I've ordered a roll for mine due to concerns regarding both theft and incidents of vehicles and their occupants being attacked during peaceful protests.

3M Scotchshield.

I've ordered a roll for mine due to concerns regarding both theft and incidents of vehicles and their occupants being attacked during peaceful protests.
That is impressive! Now I've got something else to look into. ? Thanks for sharing! ???

3M Scotchshield.

Now now, they are just excercising their first amendment rights. If you get mauled during the event, its your fault because you are privileged. Sarcasm intended.

3M Scotchshield.

One thought with this: would it mean vehicle escape tools would no longer be effective? Thinking they would still shatter the glass, but the lamination would leave it all in place, preventing escape from the vehicle.

Unfortunately it is, takes a thief literally 5 seconds to pop the driver side lock. There are remedies for this however. I would look into them before spending $$$ on alarm.

Back