QC Failures and POLL

Have you had a QC issue with your truck?

• Yes

Votes: 40 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 41 50.6%

• Total voters

fordguy74656

Tremor Addict
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
22 F350 6.7 lariat
Current Ride #2
Town Car
Hey guys,
Looking over my truck yesterday apart from the front door alignment issue, found this. Door on side of dash on drivers side was loose. Looks like they pried it open at factory. For what who knows? More pics to follow.......
KIMG1896.JPG

Hey guys,
Looking over my truck yesterday apart from the front door alignment issue, found this. Door on side of dash on drivers side was loose. Looks like they pried it open at factory. For what who knows? More pics to follow.......View attachment 34864
Thank you, I think I am going to make a list up of these little issues to my sales rep

Im a technician at a tiny dealership, besides regular wrench turning I get to do all of the PDI’s(which lately has not been alot). Been here 5 years now and starting after covid took hold of everything there was a definite decline in quality control. Seeing ALOT more instances of issues like you’ve encountered, not just out of the Kentucky plant but all of them. At first I figured it was due to the ”temp” workers I heard they were bringing in, but now I don't know what’s going on.

Nobody does. Pretty sad. So after 60 miles of driving here is my take on the truck. The 6.7 is a beast. We all know that. The 360 camera sucks. Mine are all grainy. For what I was charged I could put an old flip phone out the window and get better images. There is a whine from the rear axle when throttle is applied. Goes away while coasting I crossing fingers its low gear oil as I don't want people in my rear diff. Ugh.

If I had to make an educated guess, I’d say 100 plus degree heat and masks. The heat is one thing but make every employee wear a mask on top of it and you are going to see more mistakes because of the added distraction of the mask and not being able to breath. My sister says everyone hates the mask since they cannot breath in it when it is wet with sweat from 100 plus degree plant heat.
they have only worked one week this year without masks.

If I had to make an educated guess, I’d say 100 plus degree heat and masks. The heat is one thing but make every employee wear a mask on top of it and you are going to see more mistakes because of the added distraction of the mask and not being able to breath. My sister says everyone hates the mask since they cannot breath in it when it is wet with sweat from 100 plus degree plant heat.
Yeah. I moved from the shop where I didn't need one to the service drive always need one. They stink.

Hum in rear diff....checked level about a quart low on diff fluid.........
Good reminder for all of us to check the level in ours.

I know my Wrangler Rubicon ( different brand I know ) was low in both axles, the transfer case and the manual transmission ( the millennial anti theft device) I did full fluid changes instead of toping them off, but I had about 7,000 miles on it when I decided to check them.

Exactly. my wife's friends husband works in a printing manufacturing business, and literally passed out due to the mask and trying to concentrate in heat. No AC in the building, just large fans

Latest Discussions

Back