Chris21667

Stilling Recovering my Jeeps
Miltary
Army
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor - 2012 F150 5.0 - 2018 Ford Edge
Current Ride #2
00 and 99 Jeep XJ
Ok so I got my 1000 miles in and was going to the oil change and I started looking and just doing a inspection and found a bolt for the second alternator not on completely... And I took the bolt off should have take a picture of the bolt but the bolt DID NOT BACK OFF.... The threads on the end of the bolt for a good inch were not touched where the rest of the bolt had metal surface... The paint was off... But a inch of the bolt to the head of the bolt still had paint on it it wasn't bolted completely from factory... And disappointed the dealer didn't see this in inspection I didn't have to look that hard ....
Before and after and the bolt was a pain to get back on there but the first 1.5 inch on the bolt it went in easy ...

Attachments

JC_Tremor

Toasty
Miltary
USN
Current Ride
Focus ST
Reality vs expectations eh? Good catch at least. I can understand the disappointment though.

OP
Chris21667

Chris21667

Stilling Recovering my Jeeps
Miltary
Army
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor - 2012 F150 5.0 - 2018 Ford Edge
Current Ride #2
00 and 99 Jeep XJ
Reality vs expectations eh? Good catch at least. I can understand the disappointment though.
It's 2020.... A bolt shouldn't be a issue it another this that a transmission or a blower motor goes out .... But a bolt that is disappointing... I did it by hand .... Couldn't get my impact in there but still ... It is what it is .... This is why I do my own maintenance on all my vehicles ... I don't trust no one ... Have good reason

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge