Quad Beam LED vs Halogen headlamps...and some other questions

Apeman

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
USA
Current Ride
2017 Ram 2500
I have been able to locate a couple of promising trucks online, both have the Lariat Ultimate Package with the 7.3L, and similar sticker prices just north of $70k. One is an F250 with the Sport package and adaptive cruise control, the other is an F350 without either. However, instead of the Sport package, the F350 has the UTT camera pro and the Quad Beam LED headlamps. Quite frankly, the thought of Halogens on a 2020 vehicle with a sticker price over $70k seems odd considering that it is almost considered standard in vehicles costing half the price.

For those that have them, how are the Halogen headlamps on these trucks, and do you regret not getting the LEDs in hindsight? While people have backed up trailers without cameras and fancy tech, my lazy side seems to think that it would be a nice feature to have? And I am also assuming the UTT package includes the front-facing camera (or wife frontal anti-collision prevention system)? I am normally chrome allergic but I sort of like the chrome on the F350 (I can't believe I actually wrote that) and I could always create the Sport look later with 3M wrap. I appreciate any feedback since I really am trying to avoid ordering one since who knows how long that would take considering the shutdown and the order backlog that I am sure already exists. Thanks!

There are many choices in kits to convert to LED. I can see better with LED headlights. I felt the 2019 halogens were terrible. I would go for the 350

Utt camera pro is not all that good. There are many threads on camera troubles. If you don't need the 350 get the 250. The 250 sounds like it is set up nice.

The Sport package has LED headlights. It is a bit confusing in the description but apparently that is the only way that the blacked out headlight setup is produced for that package.

Attachments

• 0F9C8E6D-52EC-4113-896B-F2360CCF2492.png
    0F9C8E6D-52EC-4113-896B-F2360CCF2492.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 218
I have been able to locate a couple of promising trucks online, both have the Lariat Ultimate Package with the 7.3L, and similar sticker prices just north of $70k. One is an F250 with the Sport package and adaptive cruise control, the other is an F350 without either. However, instead of the Sport package, the F350 has the UTT camera pro and the Quad Beam LED headlamps. Quite frankly, the thought of Halogens on a 2020 vehicle with a sticker price over $70k seems odd considering that it is almost considered standard in vehicles costing half the price.

For those that have them, how are the Halogen headlamps on these trucks, and do you regret not getting the LEDs in hindsight? While people have backed up trailers without cameras and fancy tech, my lazy side seems to think that it would be a nice feature to have? And I am also assuming the UTT package includes the front-facing camera (or wife frontal anti-collision prevention system)? I am normally chrome allergic but I sort of like the chrome on the F350 (I can't believe I actually wrote that) and I could always create the Sport look later with 3M wrap. I appreciate any feedback since I really am trying to avoid ordering one since who knows how long that would take considering the shutdown and the order backlog that I am sure already exists. Thanks!
Both trucks you’re looking at have LED lights.

Thank you so much for the replies! Dang, I can’t believe I missed that the LEDs came with the sport package and thus not listed separately. Complete dumbass moment from reading way too many Monroney stickers. It sounds like I won’t really miss the UTT package especially if they are prone to having tech issues.

That price seems crazy high I paid 70k for my iconic silver platinum f250 that has everything except Sun roof.

That price seems crazy high I paid 70k for my iconic silver platinum f250 that has everything except Sun roof.
What was the sticker price? My 350 Platinum with everything but sunroof was $86.5 You got a heck of a deal at $70 (Mine came from ID as well)

The prices I mentioned were the MSRPs, and both had the sunroof. The F350 was listed for $65,500 but had already been sold when I checked today.

Sticker on my platinum was $73510 but mine is a 7.3

Yea, both of those trucks were 7.3’s. Once you start adding the sport package, lariat ultimate, Tremor, and sunroof to the Lariat, the sticker price can even exceed the sticker on a Platinum Tremor without the sport package. There is a huge price difference between a “base” Lariat and one with all the options added.

I initially was going LED but went with the halogen headlights instead... and they work great.

I had HID in my last truck and got flashed on the highway all the time. These are just as bright (on bright) and don’t light up the neighborhood and doesn’t wash out your night vision when they are not. The automatic bright setting is actually very responsive and I haven’t missed the lumens on low one bit.

Plus, I think the warm color of the headlights is somewhat iconic for the truck itself. Maybe I will add some amber Baja Designs spotlights on either side of the license plate for a little extra if I decide it needs it.

Thanks for the feedback, cmrobertson. Good to hear since I found a potential truck that has everything except the Sport package and LEDs. Well, it is missing the roof clearance lights that the wife is now demanding, but I suppose I can just add those later.

Latest Discussions

Back