QC Failures and POLL

Have you had a QC issue with your truck?

• Yes

Votes: 40 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 41 50.6%

• Total voters
I've been worried about QC given the state of layoffs, unemployment, and parts shortages. This is probably a poor time to buy new, but I sold my used car for what I paid new after 6 years of driving and couldn't resist

Unnecessary measures are demoralizing, I wouldn't be surprised to find that something simple like making employees wear masks in well ventilated assembly line stations has a material impact on line quality.

I think only having Yes or No is not fair to Ford. Problems occupy a lengthy continuum. Have I had some? Yes, but they've been quite minor. Even the axle recall was near the bottom of the scale in terms of seriousness or inconvenience.

Is anyone else noticing their hood vibrating or waving at hwy speeds? 55+. Looks like the hood is so thin, that wind entering the engine bay causes it to move some. Never noticed this on any other vehicle before
I noticed this too! First time I saw it I had to mentally go through my steps when I had open/closed the hood to remind myself that I had in fact fully shut the hood.

Still does it but finally to the point where it’s not a distraction.

Also just noticed that the driver side rear door has almost zero gap at the bottom.

Attachments

• D17860B6-0940-4C18-9256-FBBF60D64DC2.jpeg
    D17860B6-0940-4C18-9256-FBBF60D64DC2.jpeg
    367.4 KB · Views: 75
Score another point for carpet delete…

@ccw
If you think about this one - this is actually a bad point for the vinyl floor. With the vinyl you might not even know the leak is there, that's hardly for the best as it will soak wiring etc. and lead to other problems. These leak issues actually make me want the carpet so at least I'd be able to tell.... I actually ordered the vinyl but it makes me wonder if I should have...

Is anyone else noticing their hood vibrating or waving at hwy speeds? 55+. Looks like the hood is so thin, that wind entering the engine bay causes it to move some. Never noticed this on any other vehicle before
I've heard this is due to them taking out the insulation under the hood in the newer fords.

First Superduty and most expensive vehicle purchase.. Not too thrilled with the QC. QC is something to be desired. I posted about it not alot of feedback but glad I found this forum. My main concern was the moon roof and after reading some of the other issues I'm worried about my seal. Have not noticed any issues or water yet. I also noticed a couple imperfections in panels which appear to have debris painted and sealed in. My bezel around my info screen is way off...
First Superduty
20220417_214509.jpg

I think the new meaning of QC is quick check, just to make sure the effer runs enough to get the hell on the truck and outa site.
Thats is as far as mine made it, needed an engine before it left the dealer

Last edited:
Back