Project Black Cherry

I think the top of the hood (especially near the a-pillar) being higher than the top of the bed rail contributes to the impression is that the front is higher.
Dang - I never noticed that. Thank you for pointing that out!

Just for sh*ts and giggles and because I like staring at this truck so much!

The two "horizontal" lines are parallel, but not actually exactly horizontal. They are < .5deg off because of the perspective of the picture (compare to the blue line at the bottom). The two vertical lines are also parallel and of equal length. You can see how much the hood rises above the general body line here. This coupled with the slight angular rise above horizontal gives the impression that the truck has some squat to it:

1636398653355.png

Rotating only 1deg clockwise overcorrects for this and now the truck looks like it has some rake. It doesn't take much to really mess with the eyes:

1636398626290.png

The two "horizontal" lines are parallel, but not actually exactly horizontal. They are < .5deg off because of the perspective of the picture (compare to the blue line at the bottom). The two vertical lines are also parallel and of equal length. You can see how much the hood rises above the general body line here. This coupled with the slight angular rise above horizontal gives the impression that the truck has some squat to it:

View attachment 38588

Rotating only 1deg clockwise overcorrects for this and now the truck looks like it has some rake. It doesn't take much to really mess with the eyes:

View attachment 38587
that is exactly what happened to me, all of the sudden the truck squatted:)

Thanks for explaining.

View attachment 38588

View attachment 38587
Because... science!!! That was a great post!

View attachment 38588

View attachment 38587
To add to the mind-f***ery, here’s a rear perspective.
B27CB116-80E6-46CC-BBFE-1504FAAFB37C.jpeg

CJC just dropped a cool video on the build!

Nevermind the used, dirty King shocks - they're temporary... More on that later :)

Dan, you went from 20 to 17s. Did you initially plan on having 20s or was that some type of test/trial before you eventually ended up with these 17s. Reason i’m asking is because i know you guys don’t recommend going higher than 18” on your systems, so i would think you of all people would not go against that recommendation😀

Dan, you went from 20 to 17s. Did you initially plan on having 20s or was that some type of test/trial before you eventually ended up with these 17s. Reason i’m asking is because i know you guys don’t recommend going higher than 18” on your systems, so i would think you of all people would not go against that recommendation😀
We tell people not to go above 17/18 because they are coming into our systems with an expectation of a certain ride quality. We configure and tune to ensure the best ride, all around - this configuration means the smallest wheel and largest tire.

That said, i knew the trade off and was willing to accept the diminished small bump capacity to achieve the look. I won't be calling Carli's tech support line to complain about the ride with this combo, lol! I wanted to try it and liked it but, going back to my tried and true 17s, i have no regrets. I still think the 20s looked better but I really like the forged 17" beadlocks too.

How does someone not employed by Carli go about obtaining custom decals like this? I've got the standard blue and orange on my pintop suspension, and I'd be interested in a swap.

I posted all vector files there! Download and send to your local decal shop!

I can post the King Vector, too, if you'd like!

I've got a Rapid Red on the way right now...those look great! What color code did you use?

Please do.

It would be nice to have a complete set on hand.

Please do.

It would be nice to have a complete set on hand.
Added it for you; Download it HERE

Note, to get the look we get on ours, we print these on an aluminum sticker. If you have your decal guy run it on standard Poly, it won't look the same. The brushed material we get is a specialty material; just a heads up! Shouldn't matter if you're doing your own color thing but it's worth noting.

Added it for you; Download it HERE

Note, to get the look we get on ours, we print these on an aluminum sticker. If you have your decal guy run it on standard Poly, it won't look the same. The brushed material we get is a specialty material; just a heads up! Shouldn't matter if you're doing your own color thing but it's worth noting.

Thanks for the information.

Back