Problems with Adaptive Cruise Control with MOD's?

Capt. Clint

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Lariat Tremor
Hey Y'all

Quick Question. Is anyone having problems with their Adaptive CC when changing out their Stock Wheels and Tires? Adding a Lift??

I've heard there may be issues with that and wanted to confirm before adding it to my build. Thanks

I figured if anyone would know it would be on here. Thanks for your response. Now if I can just get forscan to work on my Mac. Ha
On my mac, I use VirtualBox (free download) with a free Windows 7 image and it works great with Forscan.

I believe adaptive cruise control can be aimed/recalibrated by the dealership. IIRC it’s part of the Ford winch install process, though many folks have installed the winch on their own without that calibration and I haven’t seen any adaptive cruise issues come up here on the forum.

Also haven’t seen anyone report issues with adaptive cruise from larger tires or a lift, but if you encounter any getting that aiming/recalibration could help it.

I believe adaptive cruise control can be aimed/recalibrated by the dealership. IIRC it’s part of the Ford winch install process, though many folks have installed the winch on their own without that calibration and I haven’t seen any adaptive cruise issues come up here on the forum.

Also haven’t seen anyone report issues with adaptive cruise from larger tires or a lift, but if you encounter any getting that aiming/recalibration could help it.
Thanks for the info.. My manager at my dealership asked me if I was going to do a lift and upgrade the rims/tires on my build. When I told him i was going to, he cautioned me not to get the Adaptive CC because they saw a couple of issues in the new f150’s with that. So I’m doing my research..

Thanks for the info.. My manager at my dealership asked me if I was going to do a lift and upgrade the rims/tires on my build. When I told him i was going to, he cautioned me not to get the Adaptive CC because they saw a couple of issues in the new f150’s with that. So I’m doing my research..

It doesn’t stand to reason that a lift/tires could cause unresolvable problems for Adaptive CC. And ACC is one of the few must have options on this truck, IMO. So don’t be talked out of it.

I have no troubles with it. I doubt there is anything on forscan that will help adjust it. The dealer shop has to calibrate it.
I am also a MAC guy and got a $200.00 pc lap top for forscan. There is often a delay and translation issues when using a MAC. The pc format is great with forscan. With the translation to a MAC it may have issues depending how deep you get into it.

Thanks for replying. Just got word from the dealership I can’t add ACC because I have a build date of 8/23 and VIN. No big deal. And yeah, think I may just get a cheap PC. That’s a hard one though. Mac guy. Ha

Thanks for replying. Just got word from the dealership I can’t add ACC because I have a build date of 8/23 and VIN. No big deal. And yeah, think I may just get a cheap PC. That’s a hard one though. Mac guy. Ha

The dealer can still change your options despite having a build date and VIN, they just cannot change your trim level.

I installed a new ranch hand bumper including grille guard and winch. Relocated the adaptive cruise sensor and tested in my neighborhood. Worked perfectly. Took it on a 1400 mile trip this week and the module performs flawlessly in highway driving including congestion.

You will be fine doing a lift, wheels/tires. We've been doing these on Raptors for years. We also do a lot of relocating brackets behind the grille and things like that. Every now and then you need to do a DIY recalibration with Forscan or possibly at your dealership. But frankly, I really wouldn't worry about it with doing a lift with wheels/tires.

You will be fine doing a lift, wheels/tires. We've been doing these on Raptors for years. We also do a lot of relocating brackets behind the grille and things like that. Every now and then you need to do a DIY recalibration with Forscan or possibly at your dealership. But frankly, I really wouldn't worry about it with doing a lift with wheels/tires.
Thanks for in insight Nick...

Hey Y'all

Quick Question. Is anyone having problems with their Adaptive CC when changing out their Stock Wheels and Tires? Adding a Lift??

I've heard there may be issues with that and wanted to confirm before adding it to my build. Thanks

Back