Pro-backup assist package 2021 f250 tr

drossman6365

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F250 Tremor 7.3 liter
Hello,
Does a 5th wheel sensor come with the backup protrailer assist package on a 2021 f250 with tremor?

I think the system only works with conventional trailers.

1656854569400.png

It works with fifth wheel trailers but requires the yaw sensor. If you ordered both packages from the factory you should receive that sensor. @drossman6365 I think that is your question, correct? So the answer would be "yes".

It works with fifth wheel trailers but requires the yaw sensor. If you ordered both packages from the factory you should receive that sensor. @drossman6365 I think that is your question, correct? So the answer would be "yes".
I ordered the pro backup assist package but did not get the factory 5th wheel package. Does the sensor still come with it?

I ordered the pro backup assist package but did not get the factory 5th wheel package. Does the sensor still come with it?
No, you do not get the yaw sensor with the pro-backup w/o the 5PP.

Does the new yaw sensor work with a conventional travel trailer like in the f150? I don't like the idea of having the stupid stickers everywhere and then it all of a sudden cuts out when my wife is backing up the trailer. She's getting better without needing it, most likely, but would still like it as a safety net. I'm getting a Platty anyway so it's automatically going to have the backup assist but really want the upgraded sensor rather than stickers... If that makes any sense.

For some reason the PTBS doesn't seem to work as well on the
Tremor as well as it did on my F150. Really glitchy to set it up
and it seems to 'cut out' easier. I've quit using it, not that I should
need to with my weeny 25 footer. 🤡

I'm 99% sure they no longer use stickers
Does the new yaw sensor work with a conventional travel trailer like in the f150? I don't like the idea of having the stupid stickers everywhere and then it all of a sudden cuts out when my wife is backing up the trailer. She's getting better without needing it, most likely, but would still like it as a safety net. I'm getting a Platty anyway so it's automatically going to have the backup assist but really want the upgraded sensor rather than stickers... If that makes any sense.

I'm 99% sure they no longer use stickers
Mine came with the yaw/pitch sensor and a batch of stickers. If I had a utility trailer, which I intend to buy (because Princess ain't gettin' durty), I'd put the stickers on it as I've already placed the pitch/yaw sensor on my fifth wheel trailer.

Attachments

• F8A7D30F-8851-4A48-B443-F7C065B53F06.png
    F8A7D30F-8851-4A48-B443-F7C065B53F06.png
    394.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 08402929-25F5-4A85-8593-67E9FEF24D06.png
    08402929-25F5-4A85-8593-67E9FEF24D06.png
    330.9 KB · Views: 51
I wonder if the yaw sensor is only if you get the factory installed 5th WP?

I wonder if the yaw sensor is only if you get the factory installed 5th WP?
Correct, as they state the yaw sensor doesn't work for conventional trailer. But the yaw sensor can be purchased after the fact to.

Correct, as they state the yaw sensor doesn't work for conventional trailer. But the yaw sensor can be purchased after the fact to.
That seems stupid that isn't won't work with conventional trailers... They have them for the f150 and it works. 🤦

That seems stupid that isn't won't work with conventional trailers... They have them for the f150 and it works. 🤦
Agreed, I (and others) have wondered if you label the conventional trailer as a 5th wheel if it would work correctly. Either way I don't use the system enough to invest in that test.

No, you do not get the yaw sensor with the pro-backup w/o the 5PP.
Hello,
I have the pro trailer backup assist package w/o the factory 5th wheel package. The bed camera would only work once in awhile, the bed camera had the 2 lines down the sides and 1 line in the center, when it worked.....took it to get it fixed at the dealer, they got the bed camera to work all the time but no lines. They said they put in my truck vin# and my truck doesn't have the option for lines. Can this be possible, when it had the lines when I got the truck new? A backup camera with no lines, makes no sense.

Latest Discussions

Back