Pricing on F250 tremors

If you want a good sales guy who can prob order for you and agree on invoice pricing when placing the order, Pm me. I’ll hook you up with the guy I used.

Great info guys, thanks. I think I need to call a couple of other local Ford dealers tomorrow and tell them I’m shopping a build. See how competitive they can be on prices. Do you typically get them to give you a rough quote over the phone before you go in and build?

PS - what is the best way to figure out what my builds invoice price is so that I can have a knowledgeable and effective discussion?

Great info guys, thanks. I think I need to call a couple of other local Ford dealers tomorrow and tell them I’m shopping a build. See how competitive they can be on prices. Do you typically get them to give you a rough quote over the phone before you go in and build?

PS - what is the best way to figure out what my builds invoice price is so that I can have a knowledgeable and effective discussion?
Build your same truck on Costco’s auto website. It will show you invoice price.

I did all mine over the phone. Email in the build and the dealer punched it in and called back with price. Didn’t even have to go in to sign the build sheet. She just had me print it off and sign it and send it back.

built one that was 59k and some change msrp and she called me with $55,800. XLT BTW. Honestly, You’ll get a good feel on what’s a good deal reaching out to multiple dealers. Plus you can ask what invoice on the truck is and they should tell ya... just don’t go straight in asking about invoice... got to play a little bit of the game.

Just went through a very similar set of issues. The information on this site, and others, helped quite a bit. As mentioned, go to Costcoauto and build your truck. That will give you a price very close to invoice (it does not Include a fuel fee that is approximately $80). X-Plan pricing is simply the result of applying a formula: invoice X .996 + $275. For Tremors that works out to slightly below invoice.

Timmy,

The price gets negotiated BEFORE the order is placed, such as "$500. below invoice", or whatever. If that is acceptable, the options list gets worked out, and accepted. A printout shows the retail and the discount price. It gets accepted and a deposit is given to the dealer. You now have a contract. After all of that, the truck gets ordered.

If a dealer won't give you a good deal, when you are trying to start the process, find another dealer. You can buy anywhere in the Country, so look around. In your search, you might find one on a lot that you want to make an offer on. If they won't deal, order it somewhere else. But don't make wild ignorant offers that everyone knows are BS and insulting. Simply tell the Sales Manager, or Feet Manager, that you are looking for a $500. under invoice deal and you are ready to order now. Avoid any salesmen. They are interested in their commission and cannot make the final decision anyway. Go directly to the Sales Manager, or the Fleet Manager.

My local dealer offered $500. below invoice, and Ford offered a $2,000. cash incentive. I said OK, and wrote them a check to order it. We have a contract.

I went into my dealer with a $300. below invoice offer from another dealer and told them I was on my way over there, but had a quick question. He beat it without me asking, and he was closer, so I bought it.

It also helps if you go to the Ford site, fill out your information and build one on line. That info goes to your local dealer, who will call you. Now, they know you are serious. Tell them you want $500. under invoice to order one.

Since you did not put any money down, or I guess, sign an agreement, I'd say you don't have a contract and he can sell it to anyone, or play hardball with you. If your truck has been ordered, he has a printout on it and knows the prices. Go see him and work out your price now, get a contract on it, or if he refuses, go order another one.

Last edited:
I ordered, no deposit....12.5k off msrp. Had PCO, military rebate. Easy peasy.

Attachments

• 20210220_094445.jpg
    20210220_094445.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 20210220_064443.jpg
    20210220_064443.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 20210220_064416.jpg
    20210220_064416.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 101
I ordered, no deposit....12.5k off msrp. Had PCO, military rebate. Easy peasy.
That is the best deal I ever heard of. Awesome Sauce. You slick Dog. Truly stoked for you. Thanks for your service. So syched that you joined the Forum. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY BROTHER AND ALL YOU YOU HAVE SERVED WITH.
????????????????

Question for everyone who has recently gone through the process to order and purchase their tremor...

given the high demand and virtually non-existant supply on dealer lots, did you have to pretty much swallow MSRP once your truck arrived at your dealer? Or were you able to negotiate price at all?

my dealer (first time working with them, so no trust built yet) said I wouldnt be getting it for invoice because the demand is so high he could sell it at the auction for more than invoice. They didnt have me put anything down on my order. Wondering what y’alls experience has been with the actual buying process once your truck arrives on the lot.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 9F42769F-96F2-49AF-AAFA-8DA8DEF5C3FA.jpeg
    9F42769F-96F2-49AF-AAFA-8DA8DEF5C3FA.jpeg
    412.9 KB · Views: 72
I built your truck on the xplan site and Just so you know, there is 1000 dollars incentive through X-plan (if you don't finance through ford) making the build 700 dollars cheaper if you want to spend the 25$ on Xplan membership

$250 under invoice from 2 dealers and 1500 to 2000 over invoice from 3 dealers. All pricing was done over the phone and by email
1614017177795.png
1614017223111.png

Last edited:
I built your truck on the xplan site and Just so you know, there is 1000 dollars incentive through X-plan (if you don't finance through ford) making the build 700 dollars cheaper if you want to spend the 25$ on Xplan membership

View attachment 17840View attachment 17842
This is the mustang club $25? How long do you have to wait to get the x plan pricing from the time you sign up?

This is the mustang club $25? How long do you have to wait to get the x plan pricing from the time you sign up?

It's technically "instant" but the fine print says you need to provide the membership card as proof for the discount.

Most dealers it seems don't even check. Some will take your receipt as proof.

Note you won't need to show proof until you actually pay for the truck, so you should be able to order the truck with that X plan PIN and they'll know the membership card is in the mail.

It's technically "instant" but the fine print says you need to provide the membership card as proof for the discount.

Most dealers it seems don't even check. Some will take your receipt as proof.

Note you won't need to show proof until you actually pay for the truck, so you should be able to order the truck with that X plan PIN and they'll know the membership card is in the mail.
They only needed my pin at purchase. I produced the card and the pin at purchase and i was good to go.

yes, instantly becasue they can order it without Xplan info and enter it all on date of sale. thats what I did

View attachment 17840View attachment 17842
Hmm, I don't see this available $1,000 incentive.... Maybe I need to price it again

Hmm, I don't see this available $1,000 incentive.... Maybe I need to price it again
Its on the images I posted. 500 for AZDX plan and 500 for none ford financing

Also because I can't do it on the online ask the dealer for package 60W rain sensing wipers and heated steering wheel. Its only another 150 bucks

Awesome info y’all. I ditched my original dealer and went back out price shopping with this new info and was able to make an order priced at invoice. Now, I wait...lol

Really glad I joined this forum...seems like everyone wants to help as opposed to compare reproductive organs

Just walk away from any dealer that says MSRP and 'factory discount' is all they will do. RUN, don't walk, from any dealer selling above MSRP. If a dealer gives you invoice right off the bat, they can be worked with. I have 15+ dealers within 25 miles, twice as many within 50 miles... they can be squeezed to get the best pricing (regardless of vehicle demand). If they pull the 'demand card', walk away and they will have one less customer to subtract from their perceived demand. I shopped many dealers in my area and 2 gave me invoice right out of the gate, 4-5 never even bothered to respond or call me back, several held their card at MSRP even when I just walked out and said, no thanks - and none of those even followed up, so they think their *S* don't stink apparently. I ended up not squeezing the 2 dealers that shot at the hip and gave me invoice pricing. I turned down the one other dealer politely (I could have worked them much lower). I wanted to establish a new relationship with a dealer that is only 2 miles from my new property where I am building. He also came out directly with invoice pricing and I could have also squeezed him for a couple more thousand. I'm just not in the squeezing mood these days with everything that has happened in 2020. It didn't affect me, but it has others.

Back