Pricing on F250 tremors

TimmyTheKid17

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Awaiting: ‘21 F250 Lariat Tremor 7.3L
Question for everyone who has recently gone through the process to order and purchase their tremor...

given the high demand and virtually non-existant supply on dealer lots, did you have to pretty much swallow MSRP once your truck arrived at your dealer? Or were you able to negotiate price at all?

my dealer (first time working with them, so no trust built yet) said I wouldnt be getting it for invoice because the demand is so high he could sell it at the auction for more than invoice. They didnt have me put anything down on my order. Wondering what y’alls experience has been with the actual buying process once your truck arrives on the lot.

Thanks!

MOST dealers will honor X plan on an order, and that's basically invoice. And x plan is easy to get - just $25 to Mustang Club of America membership and you have X plan.

A good chunk of people have negotiated $1000+ under invoice. This seems to be area and dealer dependent - if an area sees a lot of super duty sales and the dealer churns through a lot, they'll have excess allocation and be happy to make several thousand doing an order at just under invoice.

The absolute easiest is to just do X plan. Deals can be had, though if you want to take a shot at it.

Man there are so many variables... but @bananawine pretty much summed it up.

What kind of build are you looking to put together? I submitted a build and then drove 5 and half hours to buy the same truck plus a couple of features I didn’t add.... yea yea I know... impatient. All in all, I just decided no matter what I wasn’t going to pay at msrp and found a decent enough dealer and put myself out of the waiting misery ?

welcome to the forum btw.

I never heard of x plan until I joined this forum. Got mine for $500 over invoice and the dealership had also sent me $2000 off new vehicle incentive as I’ve purchased multiple cars there and they honored that too. So basically $1500 under invoice.

I never heard of x plan until I joined this forum. Got mine for $500 over invoice and the dealership had also sent me $2000 off new vehicle incentive as I’ve purchased multiple cars there and they honored that too. So basically $1500 under invoice.
Also I had to put $1500 down to reserve my order

Used Costco. Which is $800 below invoice I believe. I then get the current incentives/rebate when the truck comes in. I also get the recent college grad rebate as well.

I don't know what the invoice price was on mine. The dealer only knocked $500 off msrp but he also gave me about $1200 more for my trade than I was expecting based on KBB. I consider that to be $1700 off msrp for whatever that's worth. Also, the truck mine came in on had 3 Superduties on it and none of them made it to the sales lot so they aren't having any trouble selling Super Duties at that lot. Especially considering there are only 9500 people who live here. I also had PCO for $2000 so I figured I didn't get hurt at all.

Got mine for invoice. Had to put $500 deposit down.

Thanks for all the responses. Maybe I’m working with a shitty dealer? He just said demand is so high that I wont be getting it for invoice. And they said there are really no incentives;rebates right now which seems to be true when visiting the ford site. I’m not military or first responder so there really isn’t much of anything.

I suppose I should join that mustang club and try to go for x plan. My concern is they are selling these things so fast that there is really no reason for them to go much lower than MSRP. Demand is just so high.

Man there are so many variables... but @bananawine pretty much summed it up.

What kind of build are you looking to put together? I submitted a build and then drove 5 and half hours to buy the same truck plus a couple of features I didn’t add.... yea yea I know... impatient. All in all, I just decided no matter what I wasn’t going to pay at msrp and found a decent enough dealer and put myself out of the waiting misery ?

welcome to the forum btw.
F250 lariat 7.3l w/ the following:
-lariat ultimate package
-black appearance package
-front 40/20/40 split bench seats
-moonroof
-clearance lights
-weather mats
-UTT backup assist

can’t find this build, or honestly anything even close to it, at any dealership across the country. Any suggestions?

also - did you set expectations up-front on price or just build that and worry about the negotiating when it hit the lot?

-lariat ultimate package
-moonroof
-clearance lights
-weather mats
-UTT backup assist

can’t find this build, or honestly anything even close to it, at any dealership across the country. Any suggestions?

also - did you set expectations up-front on price or just build that and worry about the negotiating when it hit the lot?

If you're ordering - you'll have an explicit price set before you order, and the only thing that will change it is rebates and if you get a PCO.

-lariat ultimate package
-moonroof
-clearance lights
-weather mats
-UTT backup assist

Man... might be tough to find both clearance lights and moonroof. Clearance lights look so cool but was an option I didn’t get when I had a physical truck sitting in front of me ☺️

I set price expectations up front on the build... but you can’t tell them the dollar amount. Just tell them your pricing a couple dealers on a build and was interested in how competitive they can be.

If you're ordering - you'll have an explicit price set before you order, and the only thing that will change it is rebates and if you get a PCO.
That was not my experience. In fact, I asked about it and the guy said, “the only goal today is to submit the build. No pricing.”

Seemed pretty odd to me.

Thanks for all the responses. Maybe I’m working with a shitty dealer? He just said demand is so high that I wont be getting it for invoice. And they said there are really no incentives;rebates right now which seems to be true when visiting the ford site. I’m not military or first responder so there really isn’t much of anything.

I suppose I should join that mustang club and try to go for x plan. My concern is they are selling these things so fast that there is really no reason for them to go much lower than MSRP. Demand is just so high.

No idea if it's a shitty dealer just based on this. Super dutys are unexpectedly popular, and that coupled with supply chain issues means dealers do get MSRP+ for ones on the lot. Same can go with ordering - all the dealers I called in my area wouldn't go below $2k over invoice. So I went to my small town local dealer with X plan.

That was not my experience. In fact, I asked about it and the guy said, “the only goal today is to submit the build. No pricing.”

Seemed pretty odd to me.
Tell that dude to put an egg in his shoe and beat it..... you should be able to negotiate everything at time of order and then even tie in additional savings via rebates or PCO...

Seemed pretty odd to me.

Context could matter here - the order window for 21's is closing very fast. So he could have just been saying "we don't have time for a negotiations song and dance let's get your order in now."

The dealer I went with basically did the same thing, but I had X plan.

Context could matter here - the order window for 21's is closing very fast. So he could have just been saying "we don't have time for a negotiations song and dance let's get your order in now."

The dealer I went with basically did the same thing, but I had X plan.
Good point...

All in all... keep hunting down someone to order your truck the way ya want it and in once that’s squared away you can always just sort through autotrader like I did ?

Seemed pretty odd to me.
Dude Wrong dealer. You build it on line. Get your XPlan and when you on Mustang Club there’s a spot on the bottom gor XPlan. Then you make your build on it. It literally says build your own. Either Lincoln or Ford. It automatically gives you the XPlan prices. I built one first and then did it again and my truck was 5200$ cheaper than MSRP. MSRP was 93,800 and I got it for 88,600$. Plus my dealer gave me 1,500$ above what I thought on my trade.
ALTHOUGH MY DEALER HAD AN ALLOCATION PROBLEM
It wax 21 1/2 weeks for my truck to arrive from the day I placed my order.
Next if you wait till sometime n March the 2022 yr model will start there order banks. But they won’t start building them until sometime in June so probably August you would get it. It might have the bigger screen. Might. No info yet.
Good luck ???????

Back