Price Protection in Canada?

NL-Tremor

Tremor Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Ford F-250 Tremor
Anyone here with experience with dealers either honouring or giving grief over price increases to these trucks when ordered vs. received? I haven't experienced any issues yet - but as of today I am able to view my window sticker for the first time and I can clearly see the new base model price on there. This is definitely interesting to me as I was at the dealer yesterday and looked at another custom ordered Tremor waiting for prep/pickup and it had the "old" base price on the window sticker.

I ordered my truck on July 21st, I made a few small order changes along the way with the last being on November 18th (did the carpet delete). As of this date, the base price was still the same as evidenced by the below order sheet.

Last Order Sheet - ensured to get a copy from the dealer, preview date November 18th
1653235254633.png

Base Pricing as per the window sticker:
1653235386180.png

Certainly not a trivial increase - over $5000.

I kept tabs and records on all of this, including builds from the website showing the price increase.

My build as configured from the builder vs. the increased price:
1653235700570.png

Just curious how this has played out for others - I will "lose it" at the dealer if they expect me to pay the revised price considering I ordered the Truck way back in July. I certainly expect them to honour that pricing. The difference in the final taxed price is $6,084

Attachments

• 1653235659702.png
    1653235659702.png
    643.5 KB · Views: 6
I ordered in Sept. of 2021 and in January my dealer let me know that pricing would stay the same even though they increased the base price of the SuperDuties. I haven't got a VIN or build date yet but my price is guaranteed not to be affected from the date I ordered.

Latest Discussions

Back