Previous or Current F150 Owners with Lifts and 35"s

121x

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Hey All,

I am looking at potentially (probably) purchasing a '20+ F150 4x4 for my son. He really wants a lift and 35's which he is willing to purchase himself. My question is, what kind of fuel hit could one expect with that type of setup on either the 2.7L or 3.5L? Say with the common 3.55's. For anyone that has or had one with a similar setup, what type of mpg were you seeing after the 4" lift (likely similar with 6") and 35"s? Tire choice would be something with good multi-season performance. Something like a Wildpeak, KO2, Cooper Discover 3, Toyo AT3. Something with good winter driving characteristics for our Canadian winters so the tires can remain on year round.

Wondering how this would compare to my 7.3. A part of me is on the fence about just handing him my 250 in another half a year and getting myself something different. As I do not care for the revised '23 SuperDuty's I am not sure what that would be. BUT, the F150 is more nimble and easier to get around in. So for the sake of convenience, confidence and comfort I think a half-ton would be a better option for him.

Thanks guys

While I have no experience with newer F150, I do have with older with 351w. I went 4” and 35’s. I even swapped to 4:10 gears to regain lost power. Lost about 4-5 mpg. Also, be aware that there was a big effect (negative) on braking distance.

I have had 2 F150s with a 4 inch lift and running 35's. A 2011 and a 2018 both with the 3.5. I ran Nitto Ridge Grapplers and I saw about a 4 to 5 mpg. The 2011 is my oldest son and he put a tune on it and it went back up 4 mpg depending on how he runs it.

It sounds like the fuel milage would end up maybe 2-3mpg, if even, compared to what the 7.3 is getting with its 4.30s and a set of 37"s?

Before my tremor, I had a 2020 f150 with 35s and Icon coil overs and upper control arms. The 35 tires and wheels I chose were off of a 2020 raptor that I bought off the guy for $1k. Since all the offsets were stock to ford, I had Zero rubbing and everything worked beautifully. I maybe saw a 2-3mph loss on city streets, but almost nothing on the highway.

Attachments

• 5AAA4717-DCEB-4E70-A84D-F515632867C3.jpeg
    5AAA4717-DCEB-4E70-A84D-F515632867C3.jpeg
    415.1 KB · Views: 52
Before my tremor, I had a 2020 f150 with 35s and Icon coil overs and upper control arms. The 35 tires and wheels I chose were off of a 2020 raptor that I bought off the guy for $1k. Since all the offsets were stock to ford, I had Zero rubbing and everything worked beautifully. I maybe saw a 2-3mph loss on city streets, but almost nothing on the highway.
What engine?

Wrong forum. Ask your question here:

you will get a TON of answers on lifts levels and 35s. They can’t clear 37s without a 6 inch lift, so they spend all the time talking about how to clear 35s instead😂

Wrong forum. Ask your question here:

you will get a TON of answers on lifts levels and 35s. They can’t clear 37s without a 6 inch lift, so they spend all the time talking about how to clear 35s instead😂
Thanks. But I posted here because I wanted feedback from current Super Duty owners. Read the second paragraph.

Thanks. But I posted here because I wanted feedback from current Super Duty owners. Read the second paragraph.
I did, and still, if you want an expert answer on F150 levels/tire options/mpg hit/etc - you would get it in that forum, not here.

BUT, the F150 is more nimble and easier to get around in. So for the sake of convenience, confidence and comfort I think a half-ton would be a better option for him.
It's only a couple of feet longer. Pretty negligible.

It's only a couple of feet longer. Pretty negligible.
Some of the tight lots he frequents it makes a noticeable difference. Especially the reduced turning radius, even more so when trying to back trailers into some of those spots.

What you need to do is pay attention to the gear ratio the trucks you look at have. Nothing will kill performance and efficiency more than putting on lift with larger tires and your ratio being way off.

Also had a 2012 Screw 3.5 Ecoboost 5.5 bed, ran a 5star tune only ever ran 92, woth Toyo Open Country AT, avg city 13.2 and hwy 15-16mpg. 160k miles when traded for my F350 Tremor. ( I put 100k on). Plan on phaser, timing chain tensioner, turbos and rebuild front end.

F150ecoboost.net lots of great stuff on there

The big thing to remember is what Nazz112 said. You need to pay attention to what gears are in the F150. People (especially Jeep people) not hating as I have a TJ at home. Put a lift and larger tires on their Jeeps and don’t change the gearing and the Jeep lacks performance. Doing a regear is not cheap and takes special tools for DIY. My thought would be to get your son and F150 and put 33s on it and take it from there. Good luck

Back