PPF XPEL Stealth on Magnetic

forcebwu19

Tremor Fanatic
Joined
Jul 29, 2020
Messages
105
Reaction Points
202
Location
St Louis
Current Ride
2020 6.7 Lariat Ultimate Sport
Current Ride #2
1979 VW Rabbit (Golf) diesel, 1955 Chevy Belair
Any of you have experience with this (Stealth) product on this color? I saw a car (an Audi) with this wrap on it and the paint/PPF looked AMAZING in person. The car had a metallic paint job on it with flake similar to Magnetic and the flake popped like crazy. It was very cool. I'm considering doing this on my Tremor (hopefully picking it up in the next few days!!). Anyone done this on their truck? Is it harder to maintain since it's a matte finish? Below is a video of a guy that had a Magnetic 2019 F250 wrapped with the Stealth PPF, unfortunately the installer did an absolutely horrible job for him, but throughout the video you can see the way the PPF makes the metallic flake stand out.

 

Fredc

Tremor Buff
Joined
Aug 15, 2020
Messages
84
Reaction Points
80
Location
Michigan
Current Ride
F150 sport
Wow he got ripped off - that is a horrible job. Anyone getting a wrap needs to do their research on the installer. In Michigan - there is one guy to go to - his attention to detail and experience is first class. I am thinking about the clear xpel for the front but not sure it is a good product for a vehicle tha will spend time off-road, driving down dirt roads, etc... I think the xpel will look terrible after a few years and it’s a expensive item to add. Interested in what others say to your post. I have seen the finish you refer to and it looks amazing. But for how long?
 
OP
forcebwu19

forcebwu19

Tremor Fanatic
Joined
Jul 29, 2020
Messages
105
Reaction Points
202
Location
St Louis
Current Ride
2020 6.7 Lariat Ultimate Sport
Current Ride #2
1979 VW Rabbit (Golf) diesel, 1955 Chevy Belair
Wow he got ripped off - that is a horrible job. Anyone getting a wrap needs to do their research on the installer. In Michigan - there is one guy to go to - his attention to detail and experience is first class. I am thinking about the clear xpel for the front but not sure it is a good product for a vehicle tha will spend time off-road, driving down dirt roads, etc... I think the xpel will look terrible after a few years and it’s a expensive item to add. Interested in what others say to your post. I have seen the finish you refer to and it looks amazing. But for how long?

I have first hand experience with XPEL and these products hold up extremely well over time with just the basic care you'd give your truck normally. Often times 5+ years later you still can't tell they're on there unless you go looking for seams. I believe XPEL (and many other top brands) have a 5yr warranty on fading/cracking/yellowing. I'm 100% all in on getting these installed, just not sure if I'm going the matte or gloss PPF.

As far as your off-roading concerns, that's half the reason I want it. I'd have a heart attack if I get home from some light off-roading and find I've pinstriped my truck with tree branches or bushes...
 

Fredc

Tremor Buff
Joined
Aug 15, 2020
Messages
84
Reaction Points
80
Location
Michigan
Current Ride
F150 sport
I have first hand experience with XPEL and these products hold up extremely well over time with just the basic care you'd give your truck normally. Often times 5+ years later you still can't tell they're on there unless you go looking for seams. I believe XPEL (and many other top brands) have a 5yr warranty on fading/cracking/yellowing. I'm 100% all in on getting these installed, just not sure if I'm going the matte or gloss PPF.

As far as your off-roading concerns, that's half the reason I want it. I'd have a heart attack if I get home from some light off-roading and find I've pinstriped my truck with tree branches or bushes...
So have you had xpel on a vehicle that gets driven off-road? Sounds like you have and the experience has been good. I have it on a sports car that is completely babied, so wasn’t sure how it would work on a truck. How much of the truck are you going to get done?
 
OP
forcebwu19

forcebwu19

Tremor Fanatic
Joined
Jul 29, 2020
Messages
105
Reaction Points
202
Location
St Louis
Current Ride
2020 6.7 Lariat Ultimate Sport
Current Ride #2
1979 VW Rabbit (Golf) diesel, 1955 Chevy Belair
I also have experience with PPF in a sports car setting, but I see thousands of vehicles a year with this stuff on it. Most are well cared for, however many are not, and I rarely see it damaged or looking poor without some sort of outside influence our outright neglect. Also, the newer films have some pretty impressive self healing abilities.
 

SchillerM

Tremor Buff
Joined
Sep 14, 2020
Messages
72
Reaction Points
60
Location
Portland, OR
That was disgusting quality. Too bad there is not a follow up on it. Hopefully he was made right. Worse case hopefully he disputed the CC charge and didn't cost him anything.
Watching the how-to videos makes it seem easy, seeing a "professional" do that confirms I shouldn't even try it.
Bubbles is in my thoughts....
 

XPEL

Tremor Newbie
Joined
Oct 19, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction Points
1
Location
San Antonio, TX
Any of you have experience with this (Stealth) product on this color? I saw a car (an Audi) with this wrap on it and the paint/PPF looked AMAZING in person. The car had a metallic paint job on it with flake similar to Magnetic and the flake popped like crazy. It was very cool. I'm considering doing this on my Tremor (hopefully picking it up in the next few days!!). Anyone done this on their truck? Is it harder to maintain since it's a matte finish? Below is a video of a guy that had a Magnetic 2019 F250 wrapped with the Stealth PPF, unfortunately the installer did an absolutely horrible job for him, but throughout the video you can see the way the PPF makes the metallic flake stand out.


Thank you for bringing this up, we have contacted the YouTuber and will be doing whatever we can to make it right.

I have first hand experience with XPEL and these products hold up extremely well over time with just the basic care you'd give your truck normally. Often times 5+ years later you still can't tell they're on there unless you go looking for seams. I believe XPEL (and many other top brands) have a 5yr warranty on fading/cracking/yellowing. I'm 100% all in on getting these installed, just not sure if I'm going the matte or gloss PPF.

As far as your off-roading concerns, that's half the reason I want it. I'd have a heart attack if I get home from some light off-roading and find I've pinstriped my truck with tree branches or bushes...

Just to clarify, XPEL STEALTH, ULTIMATE PLUS, and ULTIMATE PLUS 10 (the newer more rugged, and durable PPF) come with a 10-Year warranty against yellowing, staining, hazing, fading, cracking, and peeling. As far as off-road concerns, on a personal note, I drive a Raptor and have the front end, rockers, and bedsides wrapped and often will overland and 4-wheel. The film takes a beating but 99% of the time the scratches self-heal and it looks good as new. The other 1% I'm just happy the PPF is there instead of the paint getting beat up. It really does give you peace of mind and comfort when wheeling.

So have you had xpel on a vehicle that gets driven off-road? Sounds like you have and the experience has been good. I have it on a sports car that is completely babied, so wasn’t sure how it would work on a truck. How much of the truck are you going to get done?

You may be surprised to learn that F-Series pickups are in the top 5 of vehicles we protect globally. The most common protection for trucks is the full front end (whatever is painted) and the rocker panels. Bedsides can be common to depending if flared out, dually, or if you do a good amount of off-roading and don't want those pinstripes.
 

Txfight

Founding Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2020
Messages
72
Reaction Points
216
Location
Scottsdale AZ
Had it on my r8 and it was awesome
02D5AA8A-19A0-4B13-8066-86FFC7FFAAC1.jpeg
02D5AA8A-19A0-4B13-8066-86FFC7FFAAC1.jpeg
 

kmtweb

Founding Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2020
Messages
103
Reaction Points
140
Location
KY
Current Ride
2020 Alumiduty 7.3
Thank you for bringing this up, we have contacted the YouTuber and will be doing whatever we can to make it right.



Just to clarify, XPEL STEALTH, ULTIMATE PLUS, and ULTIMATE PLUS 10 (the newer more rugged, and durable PPF) come with a 10-Year warranty against yellowing, staining, hazing, fading, cracking, and peeling. As far as off-road concerns, on a personal note, I drive a Raptor and have the front end, rockers, and bedsides wrapped and often will overland and 4-wheel. The film takes a beating but 99% of the time the scratches self-heal and it looks good as new. The other 1% I'm just happy the PPF is there instead of the paint getting beat up. It really does give you peace of mind and comfort when wheeling.



You may be surprised to learn that F-Series pickups are in the top 5 of vehicles we protect globally. The most common protection for trucks is the full front end (whatever is painted) and the rocker panels. Bedsides can be common to depending if flared out, dually, or if you do a good amount of off-roading and don't want those pinstripes.
i sure hope that you can help this guy out. Not only is he a customer but more importantly, a veteran.
 

Patriot

Founding Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2020
Messages
822
Reaction Points
2,521
Location
Western North Carolina Foothills
Miltary
USAF Gulf War Vet
Current Ride
6.7 liter Tremor
First Responder
Retired LEO
How much of your truck did you apply it to?
Entire hood, front fenders, headlights, w/s pillars, mirrors, fender flares, quarter panels. And will be getting the tail gate done soon. Essentially the road rash blast areas. Contact your local XPEL dealer for pricing. 👍🏻
 
Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge
Top