PPF Film Advice

Calli

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2008 Jeep Wrangler
Current Ride #2
2022 F250 Lariat Tremor (Agate Black) Ordered
I am wanting to put a satin layer of ppf on the new truck. I also would like to try and do it on my own in the shop. My question is where would be the best place to buy rolls of the film? I have cutters that can cut the rolls the way I need. The only place I have looked at xpel.com as of this moment. Also, would anyone know how much film is needed for a full wrap of the truck?
20220621_172951.jpg

will you do mine too, in your shop? i buy, you wrap? I mean come on, you need the practice right?
I'd let him practice on his and another 10 before I let him touch mine. It is hard to get the cuts correct. Most of these places have patterns and laser cut film.

I'd let him practice on his and another 10 before I let him touch mine. It is hard to get the cuts correct. Most of these places have patterns and laser cut film.
I mean to become better at something one must practice right? I could also just shell out the cash for a professional install but what would be the fun in that?

have you seen the quotes?

This is from XPEL Dallas, which is an XPEL Corporate install center.

PAINT PROTECTION FILM

XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS™ is a virtually invisible urethane layer that protects your vehicle’s paint from everyday damages including scuffs, scratches, chips, and more. And ideal for high impact areas such as front bumpers, hoods, fenders, and rocker panels. It is backed by our comprehensive 10-year warranty.

Partial Front End: $1,195 Initial 18”-24” of hood and fenders, 2 day install (add $200 for full size SUV and Trucks)

Full Front End: $1,995 Full hood and fenders, front bumper, headlights, and side mirrors, 3 day install

Full Car: $5,995 All exposed painted surfaces and headlights/ add $500 for Stealth, 5 day install

Full Truck/SUV: $6,995 All exposed painted surfaces and headlights/ add $500 for Stealth, 5 -6 day install

Yeah I've seen it.

Big home project, that’s for sure

I applaud your desire to learn. I hope it works out for you. If it does, you'll definitely save a lot of money, maybe not time, but money yes. But you're right, can't get better at something without practicing!

PAINT PROTECTION FILM

XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS™ is a virtually invisible urethane layer that protects your vehicle’s paint from everyday damages including scuffs, scratches, chips, and more. And ideal for high impact areas such as front bumpers, hoods, fenders, and rocker panels. It is backed by our comprehensive 10-year warranty.

Partial Front End: $1,195 Initial 18”-24” of hood and fenders, 2 day install (add $200 for full size SUV and Trucks)

Full Front End: $1,995 Full hood and fenders, front bumper, headlights, and side mirrors, 3 day install

Full Car: $5,995 All exposed painted surfaces and headlights/ add $500 for Stealth, 5 day install

Full Truck/SUV: $6,995 All exposed painted surfaces and headlights/ add $500 for Stealth, 5 -6 day install
Those are totally insane prices, you could repaint the truck for less.

Those are totally insane prices, you could repaint the truck for less.
Yeah, that's definitely not a way I would spend $7k but I guess some people treat their truck like some guys I know treat their safe queen guns. 😂

Yeah, that's definitely not a way I would spend $7k but I guess some people treat their truck like some guys I know treat their safe queen guns. 😂
Buy them, put then the safe and never shot them. But you can say you have them.

The learning curve is pretty steep IMHO. Even if you buy the
picey xpel pre-cut sheets you're in for an expensive education.

I will say I do the full front on my vehicles just to keep the rock chips etc down from daily Houston driving. Very good investment as far as I am concerned especially with painter bumpers and mirror caps etc

PAINT PROTECTION FILM

A lot better then what I got.

Attachments

• C3041300-77FE-4C40-B51E-8BBCEFC8AE0B.jpeg
    C3041300-77FE-4C40-B51E-8BBCEFC8AE0B.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 67
My quote to do the Full Front (Hood, Fenders, Mirror Caps) was $1,099 + $100 to wrap the edges vs cut to the edge. That was here in Houston, however they charged me an extra $150 to do the headlights (which I did yesterday when I had them do the full Ceramic Tint).

Those prices is for SunTek film vs XPEL, not a huge price/quality diff from my research and most importantly, the shop is less than 2mi. from my house and they do warranty work on their stuff no questions asked. I have not looked to see if SunTek does a Stealth Film though.

They re-did the entire front bumper on my Sierra Denali bc water was getting under the film around the fog light housings. IMO, even if the product is not superior, if its cheaper and 5yr warranty covers any issues with the film w/ a simple replacement, that's still a win right?

I don't know if its been answered above, but it will take two rolls of Xpel Stealth to do the whole truck. I was planning on doing Stealth on my Iconic Silver Tremor, but decided to just protect the front of the truck, a-pillars, black b-pillars and door edges and handle areas. I chose not to do the Stealth and use that money on the Carli Pintop and Innov8 Wheels. I still regret not doing it, but money is not infinite unfortunately..... Unless your the US Government :sneaky: I had quotes from $7500-$10,000, with the lower coming from a friend who has a shop.

My quote to do the Full Front (Hood, Fenders, Mirror Caps) was $1,099 + $100 to wrap the edges vs cut to the edge. That was here in Houston, however they charged me an extra $150 to do the headlights (which I did yesterday when I had them do the full Ceramic Tint).

Those prices is for SunTek film vs XPEL, not a huge price/quality diff from my research and most importantly, the shop is less than 2mi. from my house and they do warranty work on their stuff no questions asked. I have not looked to see if SunTek does a Stealth Film though.

They re-did the entire front bumper on my Sierra Denali bc water was getting under the film around the fog light housings. IMO, even if the product is not superior, if its cheaper and 5yr warranty covers any issues with the film w/ a simple replacement, that's still a win right?
Can I get the name of the shop. I’d like to get a quote so the shop locally to me can price match.

Back