Power Mirrors or base?

richtor

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Race Red F250 Tremor
I just saw how the power mirrors fold in when the truck is turned off and it’s super nice, just another item tucked out of the way so things can’t bang on it.
Though they are up high enough they are out of the way from most door dings. It is another thing to fix when it stops working....

Questions:
For $280 as a stand alone option is it worth it?

XLT Premium would add heated front seat for another $800 if I choose to go with the mirrors? $800 for heated seats is too much but if I end up in Idaho or Utah it may be nice.
I don’t like all the chrome that comes standard on the xlt premium though.

Thoughts ideas?

I’m stretching my budget already with 250 xlt 7.3 with nav liner rear slider captain chairs and ultimate tow. Current msrp is $60,010.

For the same $1100 as power mirrors and heated seats I could get led lights and fogs as well. Personally I’d rather do this. At least until I end up in 0 degree weather. Haha

or buy a Platinum and you don't have to decide. just a thought.

I personally have my mirrors set to fold in when I lock the truck. It comes in handy for me parking in my garage at home, and I've also used the feature at drive thrus to get closer to the pickup windows. It's also nice in case someone parks next to you in a parking lot. Heck, I've even folded them in driving in downtown Austin when a bus was in the lane next to me!

I'd say it's worth $280 IMO.

or buy a Platinum and you don't have to decide. just a thought.
Find me a dealer that will sell me a platinum for $55k, I will jump fast!

I did price one out a couple weeks ago. It came to $73k. At $10k off it’s at $63k....close

Last edited:
I like the power fold option for all the reasons mentioned above. I use them all the time and have them set to automatically fold when locked. Comes in handy too on tight trails

I'd love this option. Big fan of folding mirrors, my XLT did not come with it. Perhaps it can be installed later? May not be too difficult.

If they are the same as the one on mine, they also extend for towing a trailer. As someone who tows a trailer, that is a surprisingly nice little touch. As far as just having them fold in when you lock the door, it is a good way to tell if your locked at night. Once you get past that, I really don't know if it's worth it. That's just me. Also, mine came with spot lights on the mirror. Those little monsters are a nice touch.

The best feature of the power folding mirrors are there ability to fold by a switch. Had them on my 2015 and it allowed my to fold them in when in tight areas. Otherwise, I would have had to get out of my truck fold mirrors in and then get out my truck again and fold them out, once I passed the obstacle.

For me and my XLT the power mirrors was a must have.

I had manual tow mirrors on my 2016 f150 so I knew I wanted power on my tremor

It's convenient when in the drive thru. It makes it ealier to reach out since I can pool in closer

I set mine up to auto fold when I lock the truck.

The slidding mirror are also nice when towing, the even fold in while fully extended.

As for the heated seats, they are a nice feature but living in SoCal I felt it was a unnecessary expense. I was also trying to keep the cost down.

If I had to order my tremor again I would totally add them.

Also if you wanted to add them later they'll cost you a small fortune

Mute point as my orders been pulled. Can’t change a thing. Haha

I think its worth it. I had to manually push my mirrors in on my 2015 Silverado LTZ it was a pita. I love that feature until it stops working. Probably be out of warranty by then

I think its worth it. I had to manually push my mirrors in on my 2015 Silverado LTZ it was a pita. I love that feature until it stops working. Probably be out of warranty by then

I put my Tremor under 6 yr / 125k mile Ford Warranty. If they fail, I hope it's before then!

Bumper to bumper? What did you guys pay?

I think it was around $2200 total for the warranty, but I transferred it from my 2018 Raptor so I got quite a bit of credit towards it.

Back