Post-Build Heated Steering Wheel Add

bsb4fsu

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor 6.7L
I just picked up my truck and was very disappointed when I realized it doesnt have a heated steering wheel. I have the Lariat Ultimate Package but apparently it had to be ordered with the wiper de-icer option. Does anyone know if I can add a heated steering wheel to the truck?

It is possible, I posted this link elsewhere, but here it is:

I would check steering wheel part numbers( to see if they are all the same) so they all have the heating element in it. The option is just an icon on the touch screen. I would thing it could be enabled with forscan. I am certainly not that smart to do this but a lot of you guys are.
Good luck and by the way I love mine. The seats and wheel once enabled stay on until you untenable them. Start and stop and start again everything stays how you left it. My 15 , you would have to hit the screen every time you turned on the truck. What a PITA that was.

I just picked up my truck and was very disappointed when I realized it doesnt have a heated steering wheel. I have the Lariat Ultimate Package but apparently it had to be ordered with the wiper de-icer option. Does anyone know if I can add a heated steering wheel to the truck?
Did you ever figure out how to add a heated steering wheel? I also have an ultimate package and wondering if there is an easy way to add it.

Did you ever figure out how to add a heated steering wheel? I also have an ultimate package and wondering if there is an easy way to add it.
I just picked up my new 2021 F350 Tremor with the Lariat Ultimate Package and was disappointed to find out the heated steering wheel is not included in that package like it was in my 2018 F150 w/ the Lariat Ultimate Package. Hoping it's a simple Forscan edit, but guessing it's much more expensive than that to add....

@NewBC I am currently gathering the parts to do this on my recently acquired 22 F250 Lariat. In previous model years the forscan change was a simple pick to enable the feature. I will update this post once I complete the process...

@NewBC I am currently gathering the parts to do this on my recently acquired 22 F250 Lariat. In previous model years the forscan change was a simple pick to enable the feature. I will update this post once I complete the process…
Any new updates on this process? Especially for the 2022 Lariat. Thanks!

@Sweet0891 Sure... Everything is installed and there have been a few snags... The trailer module under the dash that was used in prior years to tap into the CAN signals is no longer there with Sync4. I have been working with a harness maker and he came up with a new solution which is now on my truck.

I recently made all the forscan changes and the HSW module is powered and recognized, button appears on the touchscreen, but I can't enable it. It is greyed out as inactive. I have done some basic debugging but haven't had time to deep dive it. No DTCs are present, fuses are good, etc. A few others on here are helping with ideas as is my harness guy...

Stay tuned, hopefully something simple!

@Sweet0891 Sure... Everything is installed and there have been a few snags... The trailer module under the dash that was used in prior years to tap into the CAN signals is no longer there with Sync4. I have been working with a harness maker and he came up with a new solution which is now on my truck.

I recently made all the forscan changes and the HSW module is powered and recognized, button appears on the touchscreen, but I can't enable it. It is greyed out as inactive. I have done some basic debugging but haven't had time to deep dive it. No DTCs are present, fuses are good, etc. A few others on here are helping with ideas as is my harness guy...

Update:

I have a 2022 F350 Lariat and am looking to do the heated steering wheel and was wondering if you were successfu?

Finally got a chance to use my summer installed heated steering wheel. Everything works as anticipated, except it appears to be cycling hot to cool down to hot to cool down and so on. The cycle is regular. Anyone know if there is a setting somewhere I can’t find, or if there is maybe some sort of defective module or thermostat?

Back