• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Briski

Tremor Addict
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 6.7l Lariat Tremor Antimatter Blue
There is a lot of conversation about the Tremor winch options. Thought it would be interesting to see what the Tremor Forum thinks.

Yes I want one bad. I have a hidden winch Rough Country 12k synthetic rope on my F150. But for $3k? Just seems really pricey.

I wish I could use the factory winch. It looks great. My Tremor is to be a full-time overlanding rig. My wet weight will be right around 9,900 lbs. Don't think the 12k Warn would cut it without having to use snatch blocks for every pull. Planning for a 15k or maybe 16.5ti.

Do I want one on my truck? Yes... Do i want to pay the premium price for the mount kit and winch? No.... We're a dealer for Warn so we know what Ford is getting for these winches and brackets.... highway robbery if you ask me. But to each their own.

Our customers can get a winch and aftermarket bumper for the price Ford is asking for the kit. But the price to pay for the stock clean look is too much for me to swallow at the moment.

I could take it or leave it. If I go into the shit probably have my Rubicon with a winch on it. It's easer to recover.

But who knows may just order one someday from the dealer.

ok so i wanted the Warn winch but after the accident i when aftermarket for everything and i have had to use a several times... even to get my f150 out of the parking spot in the driveway since it has turned to mud becuase of all the rain and snow ... and it is stuck once more ... the ground is super soft .... i have a gravel driveway, with dirty ... or mud under it

I talked to the dealership parts guy today. I told him to order it if he can get it. We will see...

I wish I could use the factory winch. It looks great. My Tremor is to be a full-time overlanding rig. My wet weight will be right around 9,900 lbs. Don't think the 12k Warn would cut it without having to use snatch blocks for every pull. Planning for a 15k or maybe 16.5ti.
A man that knows what he's doing winch wise. Respect.

As I indicated earlier, I am getting the winch.

A rule of thumb in the Jeep world used to be that you needed a winch with twice the rating of the weight of the vehicle. The old Warn 8000lb was popular with Jeeps. The 12k winch amounts to 1.5x. So.... a stronger winch is wise.
I'm going into it knowing that I would be using a snatch block regardless. Especially with the short rope.

A man that knows what he's doing winch wise. Respect.

As I indicated earlier, I am getting the winch.

A rule of thumb in the Jeep world used to be that you needed a winch with twice the rating of the weight of the vehicle. The old Warn 8000lb was popular with Jeeps. The 12k winch amounts to 1.5x. So.... a stronger winch is wise.
I'm going into it knowing that I would be using a snatch block regardless. Especially with the short rope.
Haha, thanks for the confidence, soulezoo. Again, I definitely prefer the clean look of the factory Warn and would get it if I wasn't to have a camper permanently mounted. I've found myself in too many positions where good winching points are a luxury and wouldn't want to 100% depend on snatch blocks (even with 150' of winch extensions) though I use them as much as possible. Also tough to depend on a land anchor in some conditions. Figure it'd be easier to go with a 16.5 since I'm full time overlanding, usually solo vehicle.

If anyone else finds themselves not necessarily wanting to replace the front bumper, yet needing a larger winch than the Warn 12, I confirmed with Fab Fours, part # FS17-N4160-1 can mount up to 16.5k winch and you can keep the factory fogs and use 360 camera.

You can go with a ComeUp 16.5rs, Fab Fours winch mount and still be $524 cheaper than the factory winch. Just isn't as clean of a look.

Poll closes tomorrow. I was on the fence but am pursuing a purchase...we will see if I can get one. They are unicorns

Just spoke to my Ford parts guy. He said Ford Performance is getting 300 mid March and 92+1 (myself) are spoken for. Passing that information along.

I'm tired of waiting. Has anybody tried to get a refund from Ford Parts?

Back