Poll- Bulletproof or B&W hitch

Which hitch?

• Bulletproof 8" heavy duty hitch 2-ball (can't be stowed but does have compatible pintle attachment)

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • B&W 7" tri-ball (can be stowed but no pintle attachment)

Votes: 22 75.9%

• Total voters

aryaagahi

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor Lariat Sport 7.3 Iconic Silver
not sure which to choose.

Bulletproof 8" heavy duty - only has double ball, cannot be stowed, but does have compatible pintle attachment
OR
B&W 7" - tri-ball, can be stowed, but no pintle attachment

I recommend the B&W tri ball, 3" shank, 5 1/2" drop. On a stock Tremor I tow a 20' enclosed trailer, 16' flatbed trailer, horse trailer, and a pontoon boat just fine with this drop. The 7 1/2" drop will drag all the time on driveways, gas station exits, etc.

Depends on what you are towing. If you have the 2.5” hitch than the B&W is only rated for 14.5K and 1450 tongue weight on 2 5/16 ball. Which is a little less than the receiver on the truck us rated for. Bullitt proof is a massive 22K and 3K tongue In 2.5” and available in heavier duty yet. If you need the pintle I would lean Bullitt proof. I have the B & W 7” dual ball since ratings are high enough to cover my trailers and only have to run 1 lock to secure the major components. To be honest don’t use the stow part sine it does hang down quite a bit. I remove it out on the trails. Wish the 5” would cover me but have 2 trailers that need the 7”.

I have the B&W 3”, tri ball, with The 7” drop. I’ve got a trailer that requires the extra drop, but it hasn’t been an issue for me. I’ll remove it if I go off-road and worry about ground clearance.

I use a pintle hitch for my skid steer trailer, and having a non adjustable pintle is a pain in the ass depending on what attachments I bring on the loader the placement of the machine on the trailer changes the height of the ramps. so having an option to lower or raise the pintle is huge.

I recommend the B&W tri ball, 3" shank, 5 1/2" drop. On a stock Tremor I tow a 20' enclosed trailer, 16' flatbed trailer, horse trailer, and a pontoon boat just fine with this drop. The 7 1/2" drop will drag all the time on driveways, gas station exits, etc.
what about campers and such, i will want to buy one soon and will i need a 7" drop for it?
does the extra 1.5" make that much difference with hitting?

Depends on what you are towing. If you have the 2.5” hitch than the B&W is only rated for 14.5K and 1450 tongue weight on 2 5/16 ball. Which is a little less than the receiver on the truck us rated for. Bullitt proof is a massive 22K and 3K tongue In 2.5” and available in heavier duty yet. If you need the pintle I would lean Bullitt proof. I have the B & W 7” dual ball since ratings are high enough to cover my trailers and only have to run 1 lock to secure the major components. To be honest don’t use the stow part sine it does hang down quite a bit. I remove it out on the trails. Wish the 5” would cover me but have 2 trailers that need the 7”.
im trying to decide, i really will only need to pull atv trailers and a small camper one day, not sure if i should get the 2 or 3 ball or 5.5" or 7" drop, i like the stow away aspect of the b&W but not sure which ball option and drop to use

im trying to decide, i really will only need to pull atv trailers and a small camper one day, not sure if i should get the 2 or 3 ball or 5.5" or 7" drop, i like the stow away aspect of the b&W but not sure which ball option and drop to use
For most campers won’t need a 7” drop unless a low profile model. The 7” is more for my 8’ PJ dump or my 14’ High Country AL ATV trailer.
FEC68E57-61A8-4C39-A128-6625723D0C81.jpeg

My boat doesn’t need the 7” Drop either. There is about 13” of clearance to the bottom of the main shank for stow or higher hitch heights empty
D4FF7A22-7226-499B-AE17-DF376DF09669.jpeg

There is about 11” to the bottom ball when empty.
EBF98009-B887-4118-B736-EA23F5CC5EFD.jpeg

Seeing a little over 2” swat with a approx 1200 LB tongue weight. I skipped the 1 7/8” ball since don’t tow anything that small with the truck. I do recommend a adjustable hitch if pulling different trailers. Earlier this week had hitch set at full drop and pulled my buddies Malibu out, should have adjusted the hitch up but was just pulling from ramp to campsite.
18312298-8BE6-4F84-8AE7-CAE1F4149E08.jpeg

I have a 350 Diesel. I just connected up my 19 Furty 2910 Toy Hauler. While i was trying to figure out how to adjust my Blue Ox hitch height (was set for F150), i meassured a 4" drop when the trailer was connected without any weight distribution bars connected.

Im also looking for a new hitch. I want one that is 3" extended, probably 5-7" drop. But currently leaning towards Bullet Proof. The 3 im currently looking at is Bullet Proof, B&W, Weight hitch.

Trying to decide between the 6 or 8 inch drop.

Last edited:
I have a 350 Diesel. I just connected up my 19 Furty 2910 Toy Hauler. While i was trying to figure out how to adjust my Blue Ox hitch height (was set for F150), i meassured a 4" drop when the trailer was connected without any weight distribution bars connected.

Im also looking for a new hitch. I want one that is 3" extended, probably 5-7" drop. But currently leaning towards Bullet Proof. The 3 im currently looking at is Bullet Proof, B&W, Weight hitch.

Trying to decide between the 6 or 8 inch drop.
ya same, i am either going to go with B&W 7" or Weigh safe new black steel single ball 6"(comes with another ball also)
i feel like weigh safe looks good, the scale is nice and is the best of both worlds between 5-7 (6" drop) and now they have the black steel version

I just purchased this 8” bulletproof hitch. My tremor was ordered July 29th so I’ll be waiting to install it. What I can share is that this hitch is a beast. The shipping weight was 75 pounds. I probably won’t be doing any rock crawling so I should be fine with the height. The hitch is for pulling a 33’ travel trailer. They don’t give these hitches away!$!

Attachments

• 4D32E88C-A1E0-42C4-8942-56DF3621B05E.jpeg
    4D32E88C-A1E0-42C4-8942-56DF3621B05E.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 262
  • CBDAFA22-1200-4F30-8158-C1696457DE8A.jpeg
    CBDAFA22-1200-4F30-8158-C1696457DE8A.jpeg
    515.1 KB · Views: 260
I just purchased this 8” bulletproof hitch. My tremor was ordered July 29th so I’ll be waiting to install it. What I can share is that this hitch is a beast. The shipping weight was 75 pounds. I probably won’t be doing any rock crawling so I should be fine with the height. The hitch is for pulling a 33’ travel trailer. They don’t give these hitches away!$!
beast hitch!
i won't be pulling any trailer larger than 20'

@aryaagahi I like the concept of the weigh safe. But i asked myself am i really going to look at the guage on it. LOL

@CountryTremor you say your pulling a travel trailer. So are you not going to use WDH or Sway control? I ask because thats one of the things im looking at for my hitch purchase.

@aryaagahi I like the concept of the weigh safe. But i asked myself am i really going to look at the guage on it. LOL

@CountryTremor you say your pulling a travel trailer. So are you not going to use WDH or Sway control? I ask because thats one of the things im looking at for my hitch purchase.
Sway control. I purchased the additional sway control ball mount too.

Latest Discussions

Back