TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Military
U.S. Army
Current Ride
2020 6.7 Lariat Sport Tremor
Current Ride #2
2013 Rubicon Unlimited
First Platinum model I have seen with the Tremor package. Guess it answers the old question of whether or not the Platinum Tremor would be blacked out, looks like chrome to me.

1576251412283.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The chrome is minimal, though and looks real nice on the magnetic.

Standard platinum chrome grill, mirror caps, side vents, door handles accompanied with aluminum tailgate appliqué.

I like the way the magnetic looks. I have seen it in a Lariat Sport and it really looks great blacked out.

Nice to see these truck land in Dallas, now we just need them to make it another 150 miles south to Austin!

I know, mine just started assembly on the 10th. I still have not had a glimpse of a star white lariat sport tremor, just the standard lariat sport versions.

Remember fellas, the chrome package adds the door handle, top of mirror, tow hooks, tailgate handle and exhaust tip in chrome above and beyond the grill and front and rear bumpers. Just sayin, have a quick review of your build and leave off the chrome package.................
Cleans it up to simply bumpers, grills, fender call outs. Looks good to me : ))

Chrome package is standard on King Ranch, Platinum and Limited models in 2020.

BigBill it’s all good. I prefer my chrome on 2 wheels.

First Platinum model I have seen with the Tremor package. Guess it answers the old question of whether or not the Platinum Tremor would be blacked out, looks like chrome to me.

View attachment 114

I really appreciate all the pics and info that you provide.
I don’t know how my salesman can still be insisting i will have no chrome..
My build began today and i have provided all the different pics from this site and like many times before explained that my truck should have no chrome ,again....and if the one that we ordered has chrome then i will not purchase it........un-freakin real how Ford would not provide sales the tools necessary to satisfy customers.

I made sure my ordered KR trim was chrome delete, that's really the only thing about my 17 lariat that I dislike .Although it does have painted mirror and door handles. Looks like a couple of guys ordered lately on this site,,going to be interesting the next few weeks. ??

Sandman, curious to what option code your dealer did to delete the chrome on a KR. Is it shown on your build sheet or window sticker? I am pretty familiar with the process and am unaware of the factory deleting chrome on any of the king ranch, platinum or limited. Is it your dealer that is going to remove the chrome? Just wondering is all.

Sandman, curious to what option code your dealer did to delete the chrome on a KR. Is it shown on your build sheet or window sticker? I am pretty familiar with the process and am unaware of the factory deleting chrome on any of the king ranch, platinum or limited. Is it your dealer that is going to remove the chrome? Just wondering is all.

It's offered with or without monochrome, I tried it with an without too decide. Dang it now you have me checking behind myself.

Your grill and side vents will still be chrome, minimal but it is still there even when the mono-chromed option is selected.

1576596932073.png

Last edited:
Sad day today.
Canceled my platinum tremor that i have patiently waited on since august 21.
Reordered f350 star white lariat sport/ultimate/tremor blacked out and loaded up this morning.
Hope its assembled a little quicker this time.....and chromeless!!!!
Back to the end of the line for me !
!!!!Dagnabit!!!!

I'm with you on the chromeless, almost went for the lariat for that reason alone. Got the star white F250 platinum. The grill looks good, it's like a brushed aluminum. I'll be replacing the bumper and tow hooks with a ranch hand.
20200105_150910.jpg

Sad day today.
Canceled my platinum tremor that i have patiently waited on since august 21.
Reordered f350 star white lariat sport/ultimate/tremor blacked out and loaded up this morning.
Hope its assembled a little quicker this time.....and chromeless!!!!
Back to the end of the line for me !
!!!!Dagnabit!!!!
Hammrod, I did the same thing. My platinum is here but decided to order another lariat sport loaded. Don’t like the brushed aluminum plaque on the tailgate or the chrome. Also couldn’t change my colour last minute and that really made my decision to re order. Should be here in 45-60 days.

Back