Pistol Mount

Never heard of Shock customs, will look them up

Concealment has nothing to do with fighting off a thug who comes up from behind you & grabs your handgun. Once that happens it’s game on and you are in a fight for your life & it really sucks ass.

Shook Customs.

So a OWB holster points at you, a shoulder holster points at you, a cross draw holster points at you, a IWB points at you, very interesting had no idea they pointed at you

Piss poor training and piss poor practice are worthless and only endanger you and everyone around you

What is discipline, keeping your handgun on your side and not being lazy, spending the money to invest in a god holster/belt combo and then seeing out high quality professional training instead of some old drunk NRA instructor who reads from a book and is clueless, but thinks he is super de duper

Stop assuming about me, it just makes you look stupid
It appears that you really struggle with anyone that you disagree with or disagrees with you, I am sorry for you. I made no assumptions about you, nor did I attack or insult you, that is not how I roll. I observed that the replies you have given on several occasions have been rude and lack decorum in my opinion. You attacked my statement and then made nothing but negative statements about training, discipline, and practice. Are you inferring that I have piss poor training from some ineffective instructor?? Perhaps you might consider that in the area I live are some of THE most highly trained weapons experts in the world. Perhaps YOU should be a little more considerate of others, especially those that are on here and share at least 1 common interest with you.
Have a nice day

Here's what I do know. When it comes to many topics especially things like this there are lots of opinions. I kind of look at it like opinions about music. Some people like country some think it's terrible just because someone doesn't like something doesn't make that opinion correct or the music bad. Personally I've took instruction from top rated professional shooters, an x FBI guy, an x israeli special forces guy, an ex ranger, and as well shot competitively for years and the processes, opinions, and beliefs vary greatly. I like to learn from all angles and instead of just toss out random contradictory verbiage, points can be made with a lot better delivery. When you don't, you risk not being heard at all because it does get to the point where that kind of delivery warrants nothing more than everyone ignoring you, even if you are giving good information. Seen it 1000 times. Just my 2 cents, but it might warrant being ignored too. Ha ha ha

This is not a topic we are going to come to 100% agreement on. This topic has been argued over and over again and will be again and again. I have several retired law enforcement friends and neighbor who I shoot with on a regular basis and they will disagree on many points. You can watch video after video and most of the time depending on which branch of the military they are from, you are going to get a different opinion. So I’m not going to get into it here, but what I will say is every concern raised so far is definitely a concern that should be weighed and thoroughly thought threw in your decision as to how you are going to carry. I will also say that the one issue I am most concerned with is the idea of getting into an accident. But no carry option when you are carrying a firearm is without risk. The way I carry everyday and have been for 12 years is appendix. I don’t know if there is a more highly debated form of carry out there for good reason, but I’m not changing and I’m not going to argue the merits of it.

I only leave my firearm in my vehicle if I have to go into a restricted building which I avoid like the plague. And if I do it goes into the center console where it at least isn visible through the window. I know this isn’t ideal, but again, there are always going to be risks when dealing with firearms. Our responsibility is to minimize those risks.

Damn I’ve been shooting and handling guns since I’m 5 and 46 now seems like some people take this way to serious I find the KISS method vary helpful, supper basic don’t point at anything you don’t want to die and don’t put you finger on the trigger till you’re ready for said thing to die, as far as carrying/mounts what have you there’s a million and one products out there to each there own just be comfortable with and know your equipment.

Not what I would use, to be certain, but you seem to have a long and sordid history of painting with broad strokes and running away at the mouth.

It's almost as if we could draw a similar conclusion.
Agreed. He’s the second most unhappy member on this forum. Must be a Chevy guy?

It appears that you really struggle with anyone that you disagree with or disagrees with you, I am sorry for you. I made no assumptions about you, nor did I attack or insult you, that is not how I roll. I observed that the replies you have given on several occasions have been rude and lack decorum in my opinion. You attacked my statement and then made nothing but negative statements about training, discipline, and practice. Are you inferring that I have piss poor training from some ineffective instructor?? Perhaps you might consider that in the area I live are some of THE most highly trained weapons experts in the world. Perhaps YOU should be a little more considerate of others, especially those that are on here and share at least 1 common interest with you.
Have a nice day

Here you go making more assumptions & then denying your making assumptions

Sorry I hurt your feelings and that you take everything so personal, do you need a hurt feelings report?

How do I know where you live, how do I know anything about you other then your posting in this thread & your assumptions that you deny you made?

How special you live in a area you assume has some of the most highly trained weapon experts in the world and that I have to assume you are among them

I bow down to your superiority

Here you go making more assumptions & then denying your making assumptions

Sorry I hurt your feelings and that you take everything so personal, do you need a hurt feelings report?

How do I know where you live, how do I know anything about you other then your posting in this thread & your assumptions that you deny you made?

How special you live in a area you assume has some of the most highly trained weapon experts in the world and that I have to assume you are among them

I bow down to your superiority

TJ Carr

Tremoraholic · From US
https://www.fordtremor.com/members/mako.1642/report

Mako​

Tremor Fan · From Virginia Beach

Done.....

TJ Carr

Tremoraholic · From US
https://www.fordtremor.com/members/mako.1642/report

Mako​

Tremor Fan · From Virginia Beach

Done.....

Oh wow, I’m really impressed you are from virginia beach, never knew that Is the epicenter of the worlds best gunslingers and here I thought you ment Fayetteville, or any one of a dozen other places in the country.

Please don’t just drop a location and insinuate how good of a gunfighter you are, tell us the courses you have taken, the masters you have studied under, I’m excited and wowed to learn from the worlds best, teach me oh wise one

So,,,,,,,,I prefer single stack over double stack.
Ha ha😂🤣😂 nice try! Funny thing is, I wasn’t asking for anyone’s opinion in the first place. I was just sharing what I went with.

Carry on!

Ha ha😂🤣😂 nice try! Funny thing is, I wasn’t asking for anyone’s opinion in the first place. I was just sharing what I went with.

Carry on!
I have seen those. They look handy, but wouldn't work for legality in Texas, as it cannot be "in plain view".

I carry on my person, but I do keep a car jacking, or backup up pistol handy in the small storage area on the left side of the center console.

There is a small plastic loop there from the factory at the very front of the storage area. I keep a P360 there with a minimalist trigger guard holster with a piece of 550 cord secured to the factory plastic loop. To keep it legal in Texas, I keep a map in front of it which blocks it from view. If you ever needed to come out of the cab with a gun, it is literally right there, and your motion to grab it would be shielded from view as you rotate your body to exit the truck.

If you have the ability, I highly recommend you practice with your setup. I'm fortunate to have access to a private range where you can literally shoot from your truck if you so desire. There is really not a good way to present a firearm from inside the vehicle. Whether using a vehicle mounted gun, or one on your person, there are lots of obstructions to deal with to get into any sort of a firing position. A little practice, and a good trigger discipline are key.

Stay safe.

I have seen those. They look handy, but wouldn't work for legality in Texas, as it cannot be "in plain view".

Now that constitutional carry is in effect, this is definitely no longer an issue. The only restriction for open carry would be that the firearm must remain holstered..which this solution checks the box for. The change in the law this year specifically removed the definition of a holster to mean a belt or shoulder holster..which was a gray area before on what qualified.

reference: https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=87R&Bill=HB1407

Code:
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
SECTIONA1.AASection 46.035(a), Penal Code, is amended to
read as follows:
(a)AAA license holder commits an offense if the license
holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder’s person
under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code,
and intentionally displays the handgun in plain view of another
person in a public place.AAIt is an exception to the application of
this subsection that the handgun was partially or wholly visible
but was:
(1)AAcarried in a shoulder or belt holster by the
license holder; or
(2)AAin a holster, and the handgun and the license
holder were in a motor vehicle.

edit: removed prior comment about the law prior to constitutional carry since the definition of a holster was not well defined and it could be debated as to whether this solution would have qualified or not.

Last edited:
There is really not a good way to present a firearm from inside the vehicle. Whether using a vehicle mounted gun, or one on your person, there are lots of obstructions to deal with to get into any sort of a firing position. A little practice, and a good trigger discipline are key.

Stay safe.

You mean like this: (fast foreword to 26 seconds) All it takes is a good professional trainer who knows and understands what he/she is teaching, it’s actually quite easy to engage a mutt from inside a vehicle with a firearm holstered on your person if you have proper training.

Have a nice day
He knows absolutely everything and if you aren’t in 100% agreement with him you are wrong, no questions asked!

I'm pretty sure that even thinking about using that holster is illegal in Commiefornia. I shudder to think what would happen here if you got stopped for driving with too few snowflakes in your truck and Da Man even saw that holster empty!

Back