Picked up my F-350 Platinum today!! (With winch!)

3381F122-04BB-4B21-92F6-D8F1263F29C6.jpeg

Organized all my winching gear into a plastic tub. Also grabbed a set of xbull recovery ramps. Since I don’t have a fancy system I figured bungee straps work fine for now. I also like that this doesn’t block any of the oem led bed lights.
My plastic box has the following:

View attachment 19418
Organized all my winching gear into a plastic tub. Also grabbed a set of xbull recovery ramps. Since I don’t have a fancy system I figured bungee straps work fine for now. I also like that this doesn’t block any of the oem led bed lights.
My plastic box has the following:
Nice setup Legmar. In your opinion can soft shackles be used with a regular metal snatch blocks? This is bothering me and cant find much info on that combo. Thanks,

Nice setup Legmar. In your opinion can soft shackles be used with a regular metal snatch blocks? This is bothering me and cant find much info on that combo. Thanks,
Thanks!
I think that’s perfectly acceptable (depending on what snatch block you have). Here’s the snatch block I have, and they even show it being used with a soft shackle. Their shackle does have a sleeve on it.

4C2F457A-ED6E-4BF0-B97C-CB067C7DFDEE.jpeg

Thanks!
I think that’s perfectly acceptable (depending on what snatch block you have). Here’s the snatch block I have, and they even show it being used with a soft shackle. Their shackle does have a sleeve on it.

View attachment 19429
Only some snatch blocks have soft rounded corners that can be used with soft shackles. All of my older ones cannot, so I need to use a hard shackle. Any attachment with a hard 90 degree angle can compromise and cut a soft shackles/rope. I am converting to rope retention pulleys/rings. Having a mix of options is always the best solution.

Thanks!

View attachment 19429
Thank you!

Got a small accessory today... ready for spring hail season.
44C66E53-1D17-4FA2-A7BF-9ECD000511A6.jpeg

So how long does that really take to set up?
How big is it packed?
Takes about 5 min for 2 people to throw it over the truck and cinch it down. Then another 10 to air up once you press the button on the remote.

F4A4017D-6AAA-4100-B8D3-A91EC29D31A0.jpeg

it’s kind of like a big sleeping bag rolled up.

Finished my first “mod” today... fixed the bolt and winch situation. I think it’s pretty dumb that Ford didn’t fix this for us. My dealer said Ford is expecting the install to be completed with these dangerous bolts left in place. I fully expect a recall on this soon. Anyway, here’s a video of how I improved the situation.

Amazon links to parts:

Bolt: M6-1.0 x 16mm Button Head Socket Cap Screws Bolts, Stainless Steel 18-8 (304), Bright Finish, Fully Threaded, Allen Socket Drive, 25 PCS https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L41KN18/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_Q1HaGbA3BJ4FN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Washer: PZRT 20pcs M6 304 Stainless Steel Flat Washer Adjustment Hardware Fitting Accessories Metal Gasket for Bolts & Screws https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZH4CRHG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_42HaGbAT6V9DF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Lock nut: Favordrory M6 x 1.0mm 304... Favordrory M6 x 1.0mm 304 Stainless Steel Self-Lock Nylon Inserted Hex Lock Nuts, Self Clinching Nuts, 50 PCS https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MDYP86W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_.4HaGbZG1HZE3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Big news, folks! Ford has published *corrected* installation instructions for the Winch to avoid the issue where the bolts snagged the winch line.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/d...ets/2020_CMY_SUPER_DUTY_TREMOR_WARN_WINCH.PDF

Whelp, today I went to set my parking brake and it didn’t stay down... it sprung right back up! At first I thought I just didn’t push it far enough, so I tried again. Every time the lever just springs right back up. It’s as if it doesn’t catch on anything or even set any brake on the way down.
I have an appointment Monday. I’ll report back...

Still waiting on an appointment at the dealer to get the parking brake evaluated (first time I went they right guy was too backed up). They had the "Quick Lane" do an analysis thinking those guys would be able to resolve the issue, but they said it required a "heavy duty tech"... so, I'll provide another update when I get more info.

In other news, I just bought a VIAIR 20002 Model Continuous Duty Onboard Air Compressor.

It's often sold around $700, but this site has it for $560, and the final price with discount code SAVEME10 came down to $504 + tax (shipping is free). I pulled the trigger, so I'm looking forward to that install whenever it arrives! :D

Whelp, today I went to set my parking brake and it didn’t stay down... it sprung right back up! At first I thought I just didn’t push it far enough, so I tried again. Every time the lever just springs right back up. It’s as if it doesn’t catch on anything or even set any brake on the way down.
I have an appointment Monday. I’ll report back...
So update here… my local dealer replaced the parking brake actuator under warranty. Apparently it was just a faulty part. Makes me nervous thinking it may fail again in the future if it’s a weak part. At least for now I have a working brake again!

Got a small accessory today... ready for spring hail season.
View attachment 19738
Btw, these guys are running a $100 sale right now. This is the first time I’ve ever seen them do that.

Back