Photos of retractible OEM tonneau cover. is it Retrax MX Pro?

Alpoba

Alpoba
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Guys,

Did anyone order this OEM cover with their build from the factory. From the research i did, looks like it is Ford rebranded Retrax MX Pro cover. But for some reason i can not find any photos or videos of trucks with it on the web.

If you have this cover, please comment on and share photos if you can.

Attachments

• B8712B8B-6581-483A-A81D-66427D8C116C.jpeg
    B8712B8B-6581-483A-A81D-66427D8C116C.jpeg
    417.2 KB · Views: 74
Guys,

Did anyone order this OEM cover with their build from the factory. From the research i did, looks like it is Ford rebranded Retrax MX Pro cover. But for some reason i can not find any photos or videos of trucks with it on the web.

If you have this cover, please comment on and share photos if you can.
I think that sure does look like the Retrax which I think is owned by Truck Hero just like Advantage and Backflip. I think Ford uses Advantage and leaves off the Retrax brand for the retractable option. I have the Retrax Pro auto/electric version with the rails to build on it amd had a bit of issue with the motor but there customer service has been AWESOME and they sent a new motor. My accessories dealer said they have the best customer service, pace Edwards they said don’t bother horrible service

I think that sure does look like the Retrax which I think is owned by Truck Hero just like Advantage and Backflip. I think Ford uses Advantage and leaves off the Retrax brand for the retractable option. I have the Retrax Pro auto/electric version with the rails to build on it amd had a bit of issue with the motor but there customer service has been AWESOME and they sent a new motor. My accessories dealer said they have the best customer service, pace Edwards they said don’t bother horrible service

I have the same cover and love it. It’s reassuring hearing Retrax took care of you. If you don’t mind me asking, what motor issues were you experiencing and was the fix straightforward?

B935E7A2-B3C9-4D04-B64C-8A04831254A7.jpeg

44BD28C3-E815-4F23-A217-A9849DCE0B86.jpeg
CC3ED8CF-4623-402D-AA0F-DE8EC4D97363.jpeg
I have the retractable oem cover. It is a retrax, not sure what model. It doesn’t have the model number on it. At the ford dealer where I bought my truck the display for the tonneau covers is all retrax branded.

View attachment 37418View attachment 37419I have the retractable oem cover. It is a retrax, not sure what model. It doesn’t have the model number on it. At the ford dealer where I bought my truck the display for the tonneau covers is all retrax branded.
What you have i believe is the XR model, with T slots. I believe that the one i listed above, one you can actually order with the factory build, that’s an MX pro model without T slots. So i’m assuming yours the dealer just added at some point. Unless for some reason you got the upgraded XR model straight from the factory, that would be super nice.

View attachment 37418View attachment 37419I have the retractable oem cover. It is a retrax, not sure what model. It doesn’t have the model number on it. At the ford dealer where I bought my truck the display for the tonneau covers is all retrax branded.
I am looking at adding this cover!! I have a fifth wheel so I like the option of the retractable cover!!
How do you like it and it is holding up well?

I am looking at adding this cover!! I have a fifth wheel so I like the option of the retractable cover!!
How do you like it and it is holding up well?
I love it! It’s a great cover. Not completely waterproof, but works very well. Heavy rain leaves some droplets near the tailgate. I do not have a fifth wheel, so I would check to make sure you have enough clearance.

I love it! It’s a great cover. Not completely waterproof, but works very well. Heavy rain leaves some droplets near the tailgate. I do not have a fifth wheel, so I would check to make sure you have enough clearance.
Great, thank you for the quick reply!
I will be adding one soon!
Enjoy your truck!

Back