Peragon covers

NolaTremor

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2016 Ford F-250
I just came across the Peragon cover today on a truck in a parking lot, it looked nice. Does anyone have experience with the covers?
Thanks for the insight!

Ive only seen a few in the wild, I bought one anyways so I have one coming Monday.

Ive only seen a few in the wild, I bought one anyways so I have one coming Monday.
Did you get your new Peragon Tonneau cover? It's one that I'm considering along with the Truxedo Sentry CT. Both about the same price, but very different design. Curious your thoughts on how you decided on the Peragon?

I just got it and installed it yesterday. In short, it fits my purposes well. Its cheaper than a cartridge roller like the retrax, looks good, easy to use and remove.

I'll take some pictures to add to this.

Warning wall of text:

here is a summary so far, it is based on my experience with the new cover and the previous bakflip HD from my tundra.

I wanted a cover that I could lock things in and to keep my hockey gear locked and dry. I don't store things in my bed long term unless they are in a sealed box/bag that would handle moisture on its own.

Pros of Peragon,
  1. Weight, it is a low weight cover. the panels are solid but they dont have all the extra filling of the bakflip. Also with weight opening/closing of the cover requires no effort simply grab the strap to open and pull or push the panels down near the cab to fold. Off hand opening of my bakflip on a wet day after a couple years was heavy. I cant see this ever happening to the peragon
  2. Look, i like the look of the peragon, I also think it will last without fading like the bakflip did.
  3. Quick detach, you can quick detach the cover its 100% tool less and quick. My bakflip had those hand screws and while they are tool less you had washers and gaskets and the nuts that you had to keep track of and line up one handed to get it all back together.
  4. Clamps for rail installation. They are way better than the other clamps I've used with other kits. I think this is part of the upgraded kit but I highly recommend them they get rid of the stacking washers step that you see on the internet.
  5. Great Locking - when locked the cover is locked and you wont shim this one open.

Cons of Peragon
  1. Shipping . I have to knock the shipping I just cant understand why it took over a month to receive a cover. a 6' 9'' ford bed has to be common enough for them to have at least the parts ready to go. But if you don't need it tomorrow its not a big deal
  2. Installation - First It took me a little over an hour and 15 by myself to install the cover. i still need to adjust it a little but the time isn't a big deal. The big deal with the installation is the side clamps and the front. Unlike my bakflip there is a front section that needs to on the front of the bed near the cab and in their infinite wisdom this front part doesn't clamp and bolts up to the underside of the side rails. Once you bolt the side rails to this front section you have this massive flimsy U shaped thing that has to be flipped over and put up on the bed of the truck. Its just wider than the rails but it kept falling into the bed. I think they should have a system without the front piece or the front piece should go on either clamped on of go on after the rails.
  3. Opening on the go - (I plan on solving this one). You open the cover easy-peasy but now you have to secure the cover if you plan on driving with it retracted. If its a short tip you can let it flop there but I wouldn't want to drive far with it retracted. You can get up into the bed and wrap it up with the strap. I wish there was a way once folded to keep the retracted cover tight like the bakflip had clips or loops for a bungee cord that you dont have to get in the bed to mess around with.
  4. Supports less weight than my bakflip (I'd never walk on this cover)
  5. No intermediate positions. but it doesn't block the rear window or camera when open so opening it all the way will be the way to go after I figure out #3
  6. Dead space in the bed. the cover does need some space to open in the bed. Ill take a picture of it.
To be determined: Water tight - Once properly positioned it will be the same as the bakflip when driving in the rain. I feel it will leak a little more than the bakflip when parked in heavy rain. However the seals on the sides and front are stationary instead of lifting every time you open the cover. It also doesn't need the drain tubes (no cutting into the bed holes in the front)

I just got it and installed it yesterday. In short, it fits my purposes well. Its cheaper than a cartridge roller like the retrax, looks good, easy to use and remove.

I'll take some pictures to add to this.

Warning wall of text:

here is a summary so far, it is based on my experience with the new cover and the previous bakflip HD from my tundra.

I wanted a cover that I could lock things in and to keep my hockey gear locked and dry. I don't store things in my bed long term unless they are in a sealed box/bag that would handle moisture on its own.

Pros of Peragon,
  1. Weight, it is a low weight cover. the panels are solid but they dont have all the extra filling of the bakflip. Also with weight opening/closing of the cover requires no effort simply grab the strap to open and pull or push the panels down near the cab to fold. Off hand opening of my bakflip on a wet day after a couple years was heavy. I cant see this ever happening to the peragon
  2. Look, i like the look of the peragon, I also think it will last without fading like the bakflip did.
  3. Quick detach, you can quick detach the cover its 100% tool less and quick. My bakflip had those hand screws and while they are tool less you had washers and gaskets and the nuts that you had to keep track of and line up one handed to get it all back together.
  4. Clamps for rail installation. They are way better than the other clamps I've used with other kits. I think this is part of the upgraded kit but I highly recommend them they get rid of the stacking washers step that you see on the internet.
  5. Great Locking - when locked the cover is locked and you wont shim this one open.

Cons of Peragon
  1. Shipping . I have to knock the shipping I just cant understand why it took over a month to receive a cover. a 6' 9'' ford bed has to be common enough for them to have at least the parts ready to go. But if you don't need it tomorrow its not a big deal
  2. Installation - First It took me a little over an hour and 15 by myself to install the cover. i still need to adjust it a little but the time isn't a big deal. The big deal with the installation is the side clamps and the front. Unlike my bakflip there is a front section that needs to on the front of the bed near the cab and in their infinite wisdom this front part doesn't clamp and bolts up to the underside of the side rails. Once you bolt the side rails to this front section you have this massive flimsy U shaped thing that has to be flipped over and put up on the bed of the truck. Its just wider than the rails but it kept falling into the bed. I think they should have a system without the front piece or the front piece should go on either clamped on of go on after the rails.
  3. Opening on the go - (I plan on solving this one). You open the cover easy-peasy but now you have to secure the cover if you plan on driving with it retracted. If its a short tip you can let it flop there but I wouldn't want to drive far with it retracted. You can get up into the bed and wrap it up with the strap. I wish there was a way once folded to keep the retracted cover tight like the bakflip had clips or loops for a bungee cord that you dont have to get in the bed to mess around with.
  4. Supports less weight than my bakflip (I'd never walk on this cover)
  5. No intermediate positions. but it doesn't block the rear window or camera when open so opening it all the way will be the way to go after I figure out #3
  6. Dead space in the bed. the cover does need some space to open in the bed. Ill take a picture of it.
To be determined: Water tight - Once properly positioned it will be the same as the bakflip when driving in the rain. I feel it will leak a little more than the bakflip when parked in heavy rain. However the seals on the sides and front are stationary instead of lifting every time you open the cover. It also doesn't need the drain tubes (no cutting into the bed holes in the front)
Photo's?

Looks like that sort of design would do poorly anywhere which experiences much of a winter. At least if you want to open it.

Didn't make it home with any sunlight today

Attachments

• 20201105_195806.jpg
    20201105_195806.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 20201105_195750.jpg
    20201105_195750.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 20201105_195735.jpg
    20201105_195735.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 20201105_195547.jpg
    20201105_195547.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 20201105_195504.jpg
    20201105_195504.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 66
I like the look of it and the "down fold". The light weight design would be fine with me, Tremor is kept in a heated garage. Already have the Factory one and not going to change ( not broke don't fix). Only thing is possible water spots on the finish.

Back