Pedal Commander

Walnutz

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 7.3L Lariat sport
Anyone have or did have one of these? Would like a better throttle response on the 7.3L Wondering if these are good. Thanks

Lurking Class

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F-250 Tremor 7.3L
Anyone have or did have one of these? Would like a better throttle response on the 7.3L Wondering if these are good. Thanks
I just asked the same question about the Sprint Booster V3. I’ve seen some good reviews on it but still not 100% sure I need it. I heard it works great while your driving and need to accelerate to pass. Ever since I lifted my truck it doesn’t accelerate or feel like it responds as quick. Maybe it’s just me.

Doc

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
Army (veteran)
Current Ride
2013 Raptor
Current Ride #2
2020 Tremor
I've had one for my 13' Raptor for approx. 1 year. Super easy install, tucks and hides well, I mounted it on the dash below the gauges and to the right of the steering column and it hasn't error'd or caused any problems once. It works very well, but the thing you have to realize is that its nothing more than a throttle response adjustment tool. So if you feel like you have to bury your foot into the pedal to get the kind of acceleration you want, or if your current setup is too sensitive, then this is the tool to adjust that setting. IMO there are almost way too many options for sensitivity, but having options is good; it may just take you some time to find your happy medium. What it is not is an engine tune or fuel saver. Yes, there is an ECO mode, however, that just means you have to press down on the accelerator more to get the kind of acceleration you desire or are accustomed to and you essentially negate any ECO parameters for fuel efficiency. I have mine set to a much higher sensitivity and I think it actually did better for my fuel economy (not by much, less than 1MPG) because of how much quicker I accelerate to my desired speed and then cruise. At the end of the day, it didn't make it worse, so I'm happy about that. There's also a Bluetooth feature, which is cool I guess, but impractical because you don't need it since you can literally reach to the dash to press the button. If you pulled your phone out to use the app for an adjustment while driving, you're more than likely to be mistaken for driving and talking on the phone by police. I could see this being worthwhile if you hide the controller behind the dash somewhere (it's very small) and its inaccessible, but honestly, once you set your desired sensitivity, you never readjust it after.

modified

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2017 Ford Rapor
Current Ride #2
2020 Diesel Tremor
I just saw this posted in our facebook group:

Although I’ve always been skeptical of them, I just added a pedal commander. I have the 7.3L. I’m really happy with it, gets rid of the lag. I have it on a pretty modest setting and so far so good.

All it does is trick the pedal into thinking it’s depressed further than what it is, thus giving it a quicker response time. It’s not a tune and it doesn’t give you anymore power.

So it worked out for me, I didn’t want to tune a brand new truck, I just wanted a more responsive throttle. Works great.

Lurking Class

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
I've had one for my 13' Raptor for approx. 1 year. Super easy install, tucks and hides well, I mounted it on the dash below the gauges and to the right of the steering column and it hasn't error'd or caused any problems once. It works very well, but the thing you have to realize is that its nothing more than a throttle response adjustment tool. So if you feel like you have to bury your foot into the pedal to get the kind of acceleration you want, or if your current setup is too sensitive, then this is the tool to adjust that setting. IMO there are almost way too many options for sensitivity, but having options is good; it may just take you some time to find your happy medium. What it is not is an engine tune or fuel saver. Yes, there is an ECO mode, however, that just means you have to press down on the accelerator more to get the kind of acceleration you desire or are accustomed to and you essentially negate any ECO parameters for fuel efficiency. I have mine set to a much higher sensitivity and I think it actually did better for my fuel economy (not by much, less than 1MPG) because of how much quicker I accelerate to my desired speed and then cruise. At the end of the day, it didn't make it worse, so I'm happy about that. There's also a Bluetooth feature, which is cool I guess, but impractical because you don't need it since you can literally reach to the dash to press the button. If you pulled your phone out to use the app for an adjustment while driving, you're more than likely to be mistaken for driving and talking on the phone by police. I could see this being worthwhile if you hide the controller behind the dash somewhere (it's very small) and its inaccessible, but honestly, once you set your desired sensitivity, you never readjust it after.
Thank you for the information. I understand it won’t add any HP. My main reason is to get better throttle response at speed. I drive a lot between Cali and AZ. Sometimes I need to pass trucker or people towing and just need a better response. Thanks again.

Rosserx3

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 King Ranch 6.7L
I had the Pedal Commander on my 2017 6.7 and would have intermittent errors. Hill decent control fault, traction control fault, ABS warning and a few other faults. I loved it when it would work.

Lurking Class

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
I had the Pedal Commander on my 2017 6.7 and would have intermittent errors. Hill decent control fault, traction control fault, ABS warning and a few other faults. I loved it when it would work.
Thanks for the information.