Parts available for deleted MCS- Anybody doing it?

He posted this as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221031-074717_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20221031-074717_Facebook.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 147
Did anybody ever end up adding the massage function after the fact?

I miss this feature more than I thought I would have. If I could add this to my Lariat seats and the $1100 was for both seats, I'd consider it.

They really screwed people over on this. $300 credit only was a kick in the nuts.

They really screwed people over on this. $300 credit only was a kick in the nuts.

I understand that it sucks that they cancelled it, but how did they "screw people"?

I understand that it sucks that they cancelled it, but how did they "screw people"?
First eliminating an option for only a handful of people. Which will effect trade in. Then only giving a $300 credit for something that will cost you $2200 to install after. That $2200 goes to ford for parts that the $300 credit was for. Plus that trade in hit will probably be more than $300 compared to the same model with them.

I would have rather had an option to decline the $300 and have ford install them later. I mean they are basically stating that their cost is $300 for the parts.

I have my MCS. Mine was built after they came back. I just feel bad for the handful that got them deleted.

Quite honestly, I know that the mcs is hugely popular, however I probably would probably get something like a Scheele maan aftermarket seat instead

First eliminating an option for only a handful of people. Which will effect trade in. Then only giving a $300 credit for something that will cost you $2200 to install after. That $2200 goes to ford for parts that the $300 credit was for. Plus that trade in hit will probably be more than $300 compared to the same model with them.

I would have rather had an option to decline the $300 and have ford install them later. I mean they are basically stating that their cost is $300 for the parts.

I have my MCS. Mine was built after they came back. I just feel bad for the handful that got them deleted.

Hmm. I see what you're saying but there is a whole lot of grasping for straws.

Curious what you think the trade in value would be on thin air if they just never built the truck because they couldn't get the parts for the seats and customers that wanted them never received their order?

It 100% sucks for those effected. But if they refunded the amount they charged you, they didn't screw you.

Hmm. I see what you're saying but there is a whole lot of grasping for straws.

Curious what you think the trade in value would be on thin air if they just never built the truck because they couldn't get the parts for the seats and customers that wanted them never received their order?

It 100% sucks for those effected. But if they refunded the amount they charged you, they didn't screw you.
To me, the issue is that a platinum and KR trucks come with MCS, period. So it will become an issue for a select few, who try to trade/sell their platinum/KR trucks that aren’t 100% platinum/KR trim. As far as how this will actually be reflected in monetary value, who knows. But people better disclose that their trucks were some of the effected ones when they go to sell/trade, or it could become another issue as well (misrepresentation if not disclosed). I personally don’t understand where the $300 amount came from, as it costs a couple thousand to go from lariat to platinum/KR, and knowing these trucks wouldn’t be able to retrofit these seats for $300 is a bit confusing to me. I’m not saying Ford screwed people, but I don’t think they did right by them either

To me, the issue is that a platinum and KR trucks come with MCS, period. So it will become an issue for a select few, who try to trade/sell their platinum/KR trucks that aren’t 100% platinum/KR trim. As far as how this will actually be reflected in monetary value, who knows. But people better disclose that their trucks were some of the effected ones when they go to sell/trade, or it could become another issue as well (misrepresentation if not disclosed). I personally don’t understand where the $300 amount came from, as it costs a couple thousand to go from lariat to platinum/KR, and knowing these trucks wouldn’t be able to retrofit these seats for $300 is a bit confusing to me. I’m not saying Ford screwed people, but I don’t think they did right by them either
I don't disagree with anything you said. If that is typically the only seat option in KR+ then yeah that definitely sucks. I'd be very surprised if dealers taking these trucks on trade in will know anything about the issue. They just type the VIN into a system and a number shoots out.

Meh, it sucks, but people who got deleted had a choice to take delivery of the truck or not. The dealer would have just sold it to someone else. I bought my truck to enjoy. I don't care what it will be worth when I get rid of it, if I ever do. There is no legal recourse for selling a deleted seat truck to someone else no matter what the trim. The original window sticker would clearly show the delete.

Meh, it sucks, but people who got deleted had a choice to take delivery of the truck or not. The dealer would have just sold it to someone else. I bought my truck to enjoy. I don't care what it will be worth when I get rid of it, if I ever do. There is no legal recourse for selling a deleted seat truck to someone else no matter what the trim. The original window sticker would clearly show the delete.
You sell a truck that is supposed to have an option, standard, like MCS, and you sell it under the pretense that it does have that, it could expose you to some kind of issue, a buyer could absolutely take you to court to get his money back. This isn’t a question of “AS-IS” situation - again, platinum comes with this standard. You need to disclose this rare, unique situation in the sale. In my opinion, i would hope no one would sell one of those trucks without disclosing they had one of the rare trucks. I would never think to check a platinum truck for massage seats, since it’s a standard item. I agree with @Cropgun above, that dealers will just plug in a VIN, and take the trade. I’m not sure to what detail that shows extras - but again, this isn’t an option, it’s a standard item. No clue if the VINs for these few trucks have something that indicates it was a modified platinum trim truck. I don’t plan on selling my truck ever, but if it was me that had one of these rare trucks, I also wouldn’t be dishonest about hiding the fact that MCS wasn’t included.

And, for all we know, this is a non-issue and no one will care. I order platinum specifically for the MCS option, so it would piss me off.

You sell a truck that is supposed to have an option, standard, like MCS, and you sell it under the pretense that it does have that, it could expose you to some kind of issue, a buyer could absolutely take you to court to get his money back. This isn’t a question of “AS-IS” situation - again, platinum comes with this standard. You need to disclose this rare, unique situation in the sale. In my opinion, i would hope no one would sell one of those trucks without disclosing they had one of the rare trucks. I would never think to check a platinum truck for massage seats, since it’s a standard item. I agree with @Cropgun above, that dealers will just plug in a VIN, and take the trade. I’m not sure to what detail that shows extras - but again, this isn’t an option, it’s a standard item. No clue if the VINs for these few trucks have something that indicates it was a modified platinum trim truck. I don’t plan on selling my truck ever, but if it was me that had one of these rare trucks, I also wouldn’t be dishonest about hiding the fact that MCS wasn’t included.

And, for all we know, this is a non-issue and no one will care. I order platinum specifically for the MCS option, so it would piss me off.
Give me a break. This will never happen. There is something that indicates it's missing the seats. The window sticker. Anyone can get the original sticker with the vin. If someone's buying a used platinum, because of the massage seats, they are going to check and see if the massage seats work. The buyer is going to.have no recourse. This is just silly.

Give me a break. This will never happen. There is something that indicates it's missing the seats. The window sticker. Anyone can get the original sticker with the vin. If someone's buying a used platinum, because of the massage seats, they are going to check and see if the massage seats work. The buyer is going to.have no recourse. This is just silly.
Okay

I went to the dark side after seeing all these delays and deletions....and when the below invoice discounts were gone...

I purchased a 2023 TRX (ordered below invoice)

I really enjoyed reading all the valuable information from the good folks on this forum. Maybe in the future when Ford sorts out their supply chain and butt-hurt dealer network, I'll come back.

Back