Parking brake went to floor after full day of snow/ice driving.

1337logan

Tremor Fiend
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 Platinum Tremor 6.7
Current Ride #2
22yo girlfriend in college
Spent all day running in snow/ice. In and out of 4H. 20-30 degrees. And when i got home I instinctively stepped on the parking brake (though i usually dont leave the parking brake on if it's too cold), and it went to the floor with almost no resistance/pressure.

Any thoughts on this?

Spent all day running in snow/ice. In and out of 4H. 20-30 degrees. And when i got home I instinctively stepped on the parking brake (though i usually dont leave the parking brake on if it's too cold), and it went to the floor with almost no resistance/pressure.

Any thoughts on this?
Possible that the cable came out of the linkage at the equalizer, think its outside the frame rail.

Or the cable came out of one of the brackets that holds it in place on the axle and frame.

Until this morning I couldn't see the 65lb block of ice hanging on the parking brake line...

IMG_20210214_091429.jpg

IMG_20210214_091939.jpg

Seems it should be a bit more protected. Did it just suck up an ice chunk or was that accumulation from the front tire?

I had a tacoma that would accumulate ice in the curve of the mud flap while driving straight. When you went to turn it sounded like you hit something.

Seems it should be a bit more protected. Did it just suck up an ice chunk or was that accumulation from the front tire?

I had a tacoma that would accumulate ice in the curve of the mud flap while driving straight. When you went to turn it sounded like you hit something.
I agree. There should be something protecting it better. Luckily no one has had anything kick up and cut the line completely.

I do NOT miss those days!

And I’d check your pads now. You may have been driving around with the parking brake unknowingly engaged. It looks like the cable was pulled tight, which would set the brakes

yeah, I'll check. The parking brake still holds fine, and braking is fine, and I didn't feel any resistance yesterday while driving or smell anything.

Back