Paint stock 6.7L Tailpipe

Mountain Man

Tremor Fiend
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
I saw a guy on the FTE forum did this, user "Morleyz". This is a pic of his truck. I just ordered a can of VHT Flameproof flat black on Amazon. Seems like a great mod that will save $500 for a black DPF back exhaust that offers no real performance improvements. Any thoughts on this? I'll be posting pics when I'm done!

flameproof_1c4e2422039debbc6ae2be4f32e6902986b3bd66.jpg

I bought the paint a month ago but haven’t pulled the trigger on doing it.

MMMM???????

Might work good on the Sport pack trucks. The galvy just doesn't do it for me and I am not a chrome fan.
I would imagine to apply to as new of a pipe as possible will give the best results.

painted mine on the day of picking up

I had extra exhaust paint from painting my chrome tips on my f150 ... I did the primer and then did the black and just your normal exhaust paint from the hardware store ... Been doing good

Attachments

• 20200905_141515.jpg
    20200905_141515.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 99
painted mine on the day of picking up

I had extra exhaust paint from painting my chrome tips on my f150 ... I did the primer and then did the black and just your normal exhaust paint from the hardware store ... Been doing good

I have painted the tips of several of my trucks with high temp black. I normally have to touch them up every few months as rocks and washing will usually cause some of it to wear off. It is not a big deal and only takes a couple of minutes to touch them up after the initial paint job. I will do the same on my blacked out tremor the day I drive it home.

Do you all suggest the primer, or just hit it with the "exhaust paint"? I'll do mine as soon as I hear back on here. Only 100 miles on it.

Do you all suggest the primer, or just hit it with the "exhaust paint"? I'll do mine as soon as I hear back on here. Only 100 miles on it.
I would ... It's just bare metal ... You should .... Should always put primer when you paint it but I did exhaust primer and black exhaust paint and did it with 20 miles on it .... Figured to black out everything with everyelse already black

Latest Discussions

Back