Paint Protection Film

TrackRat

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 Shelby GT350
Curious whether many have added this. Had the entire front end of my Black Raptor done (expensive) mostly because of the color. Given the height of the Tremors wondering where the susceptible surface areas are. Was going to do the lower sills and likely outer wheel well trim.

What brand of wrap have you used in the past?

It’s super expensive for a good installer. Also, if you are hitting the dirt roads, trails, the protection will take a beating...

I don’t think it’s necessary but it also depends on where you live and the roads you drive. Also, Ford paint isnt really soft, IMO. I had my old GTR wrapped because Nissan paint is super soft and I was getting rock chips left and right. No plans on PPF‘ing the Tremor but I’m planning on PPF’ing my R8 shortly..... If you do, I’ve used and a lot of my buddies have used Xpel PPF and no one has had any complaints.

I don’t think it’s necessary but it also depends on where you live and the roads you drive. Also, Ford paint isnt really soft, IMO. I had my old GTR wrapped because Nissan paint is super soft and I was getting rock chips left and right. No plans on PPF‘ing the Tremor but I’m planning on PPF’ing my R8 shortly..... If you do, I’ve used and a lot of my buddies have used Xpel PPF and no one has had any complaints.
Agree. I have spelled on a car. If anyone is going to have someone do this - do your homework. There is a guy in Michigan that is the go to. He books out months in advance. But it is pricey...

Oh, I also forgot to mention that please don’t think that PPF will make the truck invincible. Even with a good PPF, you can suffer rock chips but it will 100% help protect more than an unprotected vehicle.

Tri-coat white chips like crazy. Multiple chips when I got mine with 350 miles. More when I got I home. 3M ‘self-healing’ on the full front.

I have it on my front bumper since its painted. And a ford rock gaurd on my hood. But thats it.

Agree. I have spelled on a car. If anyone is going to have someone do this - do your homework. There is a guy in Michigan that is the go to. He books out months in advance. But it is pricey...
I always do the front bumper if it's painted. And yeah, the guy in Plymouth is booked way out. Used him before and he's the best, now I have to settle for the rest.

Questions for those that have PPF on their hood.

Does the PPF cover the stamped Super Duty lettering on the hood?
I was quoted by a local shop that they can’t put it over the letters. I’m wondering if they’re lazy, don’t like to do it, or actually can’t do it.

I have it on my front bumper since its painted. And a ford rock gaurd on my hood. But thats it.
Warpath - can you post up a rock guard photo?

Questions for those that have PPF on their hood.

Does the PPF cover the stamped Super Duty lettering on the hood?
I was quoted by a local shop that they can’t put it over the letters. I’m wondering if they’re lazy, don’t like to do it, or actually can’t do it.

No, a plotter is used to cut the pattern will cut the letters out. I had my entire hood done.

Last edited:
Warpath - can you post up a rock guard photo?

Sure,

tremor2.jpg

Bumper of painted trucks is a must at minimum. I got xpel and it good minus a few installer issues. The bug deflector is a good alternative though for the hood.

Bumper of painted trucks is a must at minimum. I got xpel and it good minus a few installer issues. The bug deflector is a good alternative though for the hood.

yep, XPEL is really good p/p but you have to have a dam good installer with a lot of high end cars under his belt. My installer has done 50 Tesla’s already...he is on it.

Yup the guy in Michigan is excellent - had him do a porshfor me, expensive...but you get what you pay for...

Back