Paint and door issue

Gratefuldawg

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Land Cruiser
I received my 2022 today. After the dealer left, I noticed these two things.
1. Ripple in paint. Thoughts on it causing long term issues? Not super worked up on the look, just don’t want a paint/rust issue.
2. Door on same side is recessed compared to the other side. Weird thing is my neighbor has a 2020 and it is the same way on his truck.

Thanks in advance!
AE370E9C-321A-4EEE-A3E2-18876D020CB5.jpeg
CD67B2FC-F0CA-4F61-83F8-F9E1AB3CE8C4.jpeg
A5E48BB8-837A-494F-BAA5-13324C7B0763.jpeg

Hard to say if you will have issues with the paint over the long term. I suspect the paint will flake off. However, it’s also hard to say how a repair will hold up too.

I’d ask for both to be repaired though. Poor quality control on a very expensive vehicle.

Hard to say if you will have issues with the paint over the long term. I suspect the paint will flake off. However, it’s also hard to say how a repair will hold up too.

I’d ask for both to be repaired though. Poor quality control on a very expensive vehicle.

I received my 2022 today. After the dealer left, I noticed these two things.
1. Ripple in paint. Thoughts on it causing long term issues? Not super worked up on the look, just don’t want a paint/rust issue.
2. Door on same side is recessed compared to the other side. Weird thing is my neighbor has a 2020 and it is the same way on his truck.

Thanks in advance!
View attachment 33864View attachment 33863View attachment 33862
No thx, not accepting below average quality on a high dollar vehicle. We as a whole need to stop excepting this 💩!

I definitely would’ve had them fix it before I took delivery. After seeing a lot of these issues I’m starting to have doubts about these pandemic/chip shortage trucks coming out of the plants.

I definitely would’ve had them fix it before I took delivery. After seeing a lot of these issues I’m starting to have doubts about these pandemic/chip shortage trucks coming out of the plants.
Yet…people keep paying higher prices for them and excepting shit quality! Just shows a company that doesn’t give a shit about quality when they don’t have to! “Push them out fuck with the problems after the fact mentality” 😞

The door thing is common I have seen that issue on F150s/F250s.. Paint flaw is pretty bad, I would be pissed off. If the ridge is just paint and not dirt then they can wet sand it and make it less noticeable.

I have learned from taking delivery of cars/trucks with defects that is best to spend at least an hour inspecting in the shade, sun etc... and an extra set of eyes is a good idea too.

I would get it in there for service asap ( paint defect). I would hope they will have the body shop repair it. I do not know what the industry standards are, it seems to be beyond acceptable. When its in the body shop they could look at the door.

Thanks all. Dealer has been great, came and picked up the truck to take it to their body shop to fix the two issues. Sales guy was very apologetic that he didn’t see the issue when they looked it over.

Just hope the fix holds, but what option did I really have, just piss poor on Fords quality control.

At the price we pay for them, I agree, its ok to expect and demand quality. If they were free, different story. Im sorry it showed up that way, glad at least the dealership was quick acting, really wasnt their fault in creating the issues, however, they should have caught and fixed it in their QC checks.

At the price we pay for them, I agree, its ok to expect and demand quality. If they were free, different story. Im sorry it showed up that way, glad at least the dealership was quick acting, really wasnt their fault in creating the issues, however, they should have caught and fixed it in their QC checks.

I have some paint issues on my 21 that I just got and even though it pisses me off I’m not going to send it back to be fixed because I think on the lithium gray it isn’t going to be easy to fix. I’ll have the whole truck repainted in a few years maybe. With all the A holes in parking lots and all it’s goin got get scratched and dents.

Back