Overlanding

As an avid backpacker, IMO anything more than simple shelter, food, and water filtration carried on your back, is glamping.
Overlanding is just all-terrain car camping. There's nothing really minimalist about it.
Yes, correct

As for me, I can live in hot or dry terrain, forests or deserts without food or drinking water, because I am a desert child and can adapt to life in deserts and wilderness areas , Drinking oasis water, hunting and cooking animals.

"Now that is an area the Tremor will fit."

No, that is an area why I carry a Ryobi pole saw in my Tremor.

Care to share any details on this site and/or others in Big Bend? Lived in Houston area my whole life and never been..... hope to change that soon.
Go in the off season, ie winter. Spring and fall are too crowded and summer is too hot lol. About the sites are reservable and other are walk up. I recommend going straight to headquarters and start picking your sites from the walk up ones. That’s about 3-4 hours to get from one side to the other, either east or west or north to south. Lots of trails and gravel roads.

Care to share any details on this site and/or others in Big Bend? Lived in Houston area my whole life and never been..... hope to change that soon.
My wife and I went there this last Oct., perfect weather, not crowded. A ton of great hikes. We stayed the week in a VRBO "tiny house" just outside the park in Terlingua, worked out great.

We normally sleep in the Jeep when we go. There are a couple companies that make form fitting air mattresses for it. We got the idea from our Cessna that we regularly sleep in when traveling in the back country. Its worked really well for us and they make them for the truck bed too. I plan to pick one up for the Tremor. Combined with a canopy, it should make a pretty sweet budget camper. Its a nice upgrade from when I'm flying my Maule or Cub and have to go light.

summit lake.jpg
FdIbaDo_TT-80plDiVCxIw.jpeg

Decked drawer system.. Roofnest Condor XL, Leitner rack and side boxes

Back