Overland

Not complete but mine will be an overlanding rig.

Attachments

• 60327EE4-2098-4C24-925B-2AE4691D11BE.jpeg
    60327EE4-2098-4C24-925B-2AE4691D11BE.jpeg
    424.2 KB · Views: 178
Winch, recovery straps, recovery boards is a good setup. Bed rack works better for me so I can still use my bed space. Truck bed campers are nice but not enough storage for me and pulling a camper really limits your options and areas.
Thank you for replying sir ! How do you like your bed rack? Can't decide between a bed rack or camper and putting a roof top tent . Any tips on must have equipment for such a big truck ?

Winch, recovery straps, recovery boards is a good setup. Bed rack works better for me so I can still use my bed space. Truck bed campers are nice but not enough storage for me and pulling a camper really limits your options and areas.
Is there a way to lock your tools and stuff so nobody steals them ?

Truck bed campers are nice but not enough storage for me and pulling a camper really limits your options and areas.

I think he meant a camper shell (as in truck cap/topper/canopy) and not towing a traditional camper.

Both the cap and the bed rack are good options for a tent. One gives more access to your gear, the other protects it better. You'll want a heavy duty cap to carry the weight of the tent.

I think he meant a camper shell (as in truck cap/topper/canopy) and not towing a traditional camper.

Both the cap and the bed rack are good options for a tent. One gives more access to your gear, the other protects it better. You'll want a heavy duty cap to carry the weight of the tent.
Thank you sir I should've worded it better

On my previous build (2010 F150 FX4) I had a SnugTop Outback cap with Yakima bars for my Batwing Awning and OZTent.

This build, I'm opting for an ARE MX HD with aluminum paneled doors all the way around and a tool box on behind the passenger hatch. I'm also doing a rack to mount the Batwing too.

When I ordered the SnugTop I didn't put much thought into what I intended to do with my setup and having the glass windows on the sides, I resorted to leaving the reflectix material up all the time to thwart thieves from eyeing my gear.

Can't wait to see more pictures of people's builds and good luck in your decision, I know how hard it can be with all the options out there.

Thinking of getting a tremor for an overland build. Does anyone her do overlanding if so can you share your setup

I’ve used this on two different rigs and have found it to be very durable, sturdy and effective. There are many attachment points along the side and it holds more than enough weight to hold a tent and a few adults. In fact, I once had to put a large sub zero refrigerator on it and it didn’t budge.

I actually didn’t set up a tent because I prefer to open air camp. However, there were a few times where the rain started to fall and I simply strapped a canvas tarp over the top of it, ran it down along both sides of the bed and bungeed that off to the frame.

as far as recovery gear, you can put most things under the rear seat in the collapsible box. In order to lock things down that you would like to keep going to bed, he would likely have to get some wheel well lockboxes which go over the wheel hub and don’t really restrict the usable bed space. They’re not very wide so you’d be limited there.

Back