Overland Roof Rack/Platform Options

BacaraTremor

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-250 Tremor
Looking to add a platform above the cab. Looked at Rhino and Yakima, but really confused on how they mount. Anyone find a good youtube video of how they mount or done it themselves?

I was curious about this as well and what I think I learned was ...

You’ll need to mount the platform/basket to a roof rack. And, to mount a roof rack to our trucks, without rails, we’ll have to use one of the mounts that grabs on to the sides of the roof above the doors ... like the Yakima BaseLine system. From there you can add the bars and then the LockNLoad platform.

Check out rhino rack pioneer platform with backbone rails. Uses factory holes.

Check out rhino rack pioneer platform with backbone rails. Uses factory holes.
Just found this yesterday, but could only find Ranger install which required drilling 5-7 holes on each side. Will look for Super Duty install again.

Now, just need to decide on Yakima or Rhino platform. Haha
Go rhino! Pricy but worth it; having done Yakima/Thule/etc they’re the best platform; though some individual items are better with Yakima/Thule/etc.

my current F150
E0BA5499-F2B8-4E53-8DCA-8F3B6739A45C.jpeg
B717C5E1-3D99-488E-B16E-2E867A63CF7A.jpeg
95771E98-38C7-4EDD-9426-A90A071BF887.jpeg
E9C7D4E1-8B85-4C5C-8CF3-F6C089FAF12F.jpeg

Appreciate the feedback. Talked to Rhino, guess the rails haven’t been test fit on a 2017+ Super Duty yet. Might head out to Aurora, CO and get 50% off and let them test fit.

That Rhino platform does look pretty slick and I like a solid mount over the clamps. I just wonder how compatible their platform is with Yakima accessories, or vice versa ... I really wouldn’t want to have a different system on the roof vs the bed.

That Rhino platform does look pretty slick and I like a solid mount over the clamps. I just wonder how compatible their platform is with Yakima accessories, or vice versa ... I really wouldn’t want to have a different system on the roof vs the bed.

looks like it works no issue.

For overlanding, has anyone here used the Road Armor racks for a Roof Top Tent over the bed? Ideally, I would like to put a tonneau cover under the rack, but I think it would have to roll rather than fold to fit. If anyone has done something like that, I would love to know brands and see pictures.

Latest Discussions

Back